Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Ultra Violet
Ultra Violet
2006-03-06, 1:25 PM #1
Anyone see this movie? I saw it Saturday night with a friend and gotta say it has to be the suckiest movie I've ever seen. Seriously, Fantastic Four was a better movie. This movie sucked so bad I had to go get my copy of Equilibrium to show so she didn't think the guy was such a horrible director.

Basically its like the writer/director said "Hey I got twice as much money for this movie as I did for Equilibrium. So lets throw away the plot, story, character development, the psychological thoughts that Equilibrium had about what it is like living in a society and being the outcast that is hunted. And lets make a cartoon. In fact lets make it so cartoony it doesn't even look real, and even then, you still can't understand whats going on in the cartoon."

After the first 10 minutes I leaned over and said "This movie sucks. Wanna go?" Then for the next...however long that film was, I kept throwing out jokes. "I've got 700 soldiers here. I'd like to see you come and stop me."

Upon which I said "I've got 700 extras here for you to come kill. See you soon." Then at the end when she confronts the boss I said "There goes 695, 696, 697..." Just a really God awful movie. If not the worst I've ever seen.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2006-03-06, 1:41 PM #2
I hate it when people talk through movies.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-03-06, 1:43 PM #3
Turn off your brain for movies like this. Your expectations were too high.
Pissed Off?
2006-03-06, 1:45 PM #4
You should have stood up and screamed "SHUT THE **** UP THERE!"
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-03-06, 1:45 PM #5
Originally posted by MBeggar:

2006-03-06, 1:47 PM #6
Originally posted by THRAWN:
it has to be the suckiest movie I've ever seen.

I could have told you that by simply viewing the trailers. The big government with lotsa troops against one unstoppable superhero gets old fast.
2006-03-06, 1:52 PM #7
Originally posted by JDKNITE188:
I could have told you that by simply viewing the trailers. The big government with lotsa troops against one unstoppable superhero gets old fast.

Also the name gives it away.
2006-03-06, 2:00 PM #8
What the hell are you talking about?

Equillibrium sucked too.
2006-03-06, 2:02 PM #9
Originally posted by ':
-[ellequin']What the hell are you talking about?

Equillibrium sucked too.

It's this movie about this cyborg girl or somthing...

She's getting chased down by the government...

She has Violet hair...

nothing happens...

Corny outdated/over-used lines are thrown...

nothing happens...

nothing happens...

nothing happens...

The movie is over. A lot of people are pissed.
2006-03-06, 2:14 PM #10

This movie theatre is unlike any you've probably been in. It's called Movie Tavern, and they serve full meals there. You go in, sit down and pick up this little pager device and activate it. A server/waiter comes to you, you have a menu and order your food, DURING the movie, and they go make it and bring it to you. It's basically like going to Chili's except with a movie going. And with the surround sound you don't hear other people ordering their food. So talking during the movie isn't a bad thing. :p
2006-03-06, 2:23 PM #11
I never saw it, and probably never will. It looked like an Aeon Flux rip off to me, though.
2006-03-06, 2:36 PM #12
This movie theatre is unlike any you've probably been in. It's called Movie Tavern, and they serve full meals there. You go in, sit down and pick up this little pager device and activate it. A server/waiter comes to you, you have a menu and order your food, DURING the movie, and they go make it and bring it to you. It's basically like going to Chili's except with a movie going. And with the surround sound you don't hear other people ordering their food. So talking during the movie isn't a bad thing. :p
dammit we need one of those over here in the UK, sounds sweet.

As for the movie, can't say haven't seen it yet, although its sounds like it lives up to the trailer.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2006-03-06, 2:54 PM #13
[QUOTE=Vincent Valentine]I never saw it, and probably never will. It looked like an Aeon Flux rip off to me, though.[/QUOTE]
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-03-06, 3:28 PM #14
The miniscule almost thread of plot that you may have been able to make out was just there to string together the fight scenes.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2006-03-06, 3:43 PM #15
The movie is called Ultraviolet.

About a character named Violet...

I'm sorry, but that plus the trailers, I just didn't expect this one to be good.
2006-03-06, 4:57 PM #16
This movie must be really bad, even Equilibrium fans do not like it.
2006-03-06, 5:04 PM #17
Theres no boobies, right?

lose.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-03-06, 5:23 PM #18

Sometimes it's necessary. My friends and I made jokes all the way through Final Destination 3 - and so did the rest of the theater. It was the most fun I've had at a movie in a long time.

If everyone had been quiet, I don't think it would have been worth the $10.00.
Stuff
2006-03-06, 5:23 PM #19
Why are people amazed that these movies are bad? Can you honestly not tell just by seeing the trailers?
2006-03-06, 5:27 PM #20
<- is waiting for an awesome movie to come out

I may be waiting for a while. I have yet to see Narnia, though.
woot!
2006-03-06, 6:01 PM #21
Originally posted by JLee:
<- is waiting for an awesome movie to come out

I may be waiting for a while. I have yet to see Narnia, though.

Narnia was the last good (american) movie I've seen.

That was last December.
2006-03-06, 6:34 PM #22

I ate/caught a show at our local Movie Tavern two weeks ago. You can hear other people talking. And people do talk. Too much.
2006-03-06, 7:16 PM #23
Originally posted by JLee:
I have yet to see Narnia, though.

Narnia is good, but not overly great. The books, on the other hand, are fantastic.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-03-06, 7:24 PM #24
Originally posted by saberopus:
I ate/caught a show at our local Movie Tavern two weeks ago. You can hear other people talking. And people do talk. Too much.

Which one didja go to? I went to the one in Bedford and didn't have a problem. THen again I whisper, I don't talk. I leaned over and whispered into her ear the jokes and she did the same.
2006-03-06, 7:26 PM #25
...I went to the one in Bedford too. Crap THRAWN, I thought you lived in Austin??
It really wasn't that bad honestly, I exaggerate. There were some slightly drunk folks in front of us, visiting from some European country, so I can't blame 'em ;).

Awesome. Closest Massassian I knew of was someone in Richardson.
2006-03-06, 9:31 PM #26
I watched it Friday night with some coworker friends. It was entertaining. That was all it was supposed to be.

Equilibrium is frelling amazing, but this one was fun just for the sheer pointless killing-everythingness.

Also, Milla Jovovich.
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2006-03-06, 10:40 PM #27
...I went to the one in Bedford too. Crap THRAWN, I thought you lived in Austin??
It really wasn't that bad honestly, I exaggerate. There were some slightly drunk folks in front of us, visiting from some European country, so I can't blame 'em ;).

Awesome. Closest Massassian I knew of was someone in Richardson.

Dude, I graduated from Trinity. I know you go/went to Grapevine HS, and I remember when I first found out I made some jokes about how my HS always beat yours.
2006-03-06, 10:57 PM #28
Equillibrium was a terrible movie.
2006-03-06, 11:04 PM #29

Sounds terrible. I doubt I'd ever go to one of those places. Hell I'd hate just having to order dinner while the movies on.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2006-03-07, 12:20 AM #30
I'm going to see it Wednesday with some friends, and we're probably going to make fun of it throughout the movie MST3K style, like we did with Tristan & Usolde ^_^
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-03-07, 12:26 AM #31
Originally posted by ':
-[ellequin']Equillibrium was a terrible movie.

Yes. Equilibrium was a terrible movie. Kurt Wimmer is a hack director. He's the worst kind of hack director. He's the kind that sucks, but an overwhelming number of people think he's great for making Equilibrium.
>>untie shoes
2006-03-07, 4:22 AM #32
Originally posted by Bill:
Yes. Equilibrium was a terrible movie. Kurt Wimmer is a hack director. He's the worst kind of hack director. He's the kind that sucks, but an overwhelming number of people think he's great for making Equilibrium.

I wasn't a big fan of Equilibrium either..sure, it was entertaining - but IMHO, that's it.
woot!
2006-03-07, 6:45 AM #33
Originally posted by ':
-[ellequin']Equillibrium was an awesome movie.

Fixed.
2006-03-07, 6:50 AM #34

We have something exactly like that here, called the Studio Movie Grill. It's really good food, has about 8 screens, however, it's always dirty as hell.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2006-03-07, 8:33 AM #35
[QUOTE=IRG SithLord]Fixed.[/QUOTE]

It was right without you. Don't you correct me.
2006-03-07, 10:27 AM #36
Originally posted by Bill:

I can understand though why people would hate Equilibrium. When I saw it the first time I wasn't that impressed, by when I saw it the second time I looked at it from the perspective of the guy in the movie. Just imagining that you lived in this world without feeling/emotion and waking up to it would be really, really weird. It basically tries to make you think about your life and all that crap, then suddenly has a guy pull out 2 pistols and pistol whip 6 guys to death with these knives that pop out of the bottom.

I don't think the guy is an amazing director. I liked Equilibrium, and thought maybe this movie would be pretty good. I was wrong. I think Steven Spieldburg is a great director, but 90% of the movies he has directed I don't like.
2006-03-07, 10:36 AM #37
Originally posted by ':
-[ellequin']Don't you correct me.

Too late.
2006-03-07, 11:11 AM #38
Originally posted by Anovis:
It's this movie about this cyborg girl or somthing...

She's getting chased down by the government...

She has Violet hair...

nothing happens...

Corny outdated/over-used lines are thrown...

nothing happens...

nothing happens...

nothing happens...

The movie is over. A lot of people are pissed.

It's sort of like an extremely bad remake of Serenity.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2006-03-07, 3:37 PM #39
I can understand though why people would hate Equilibrium. When I saw it the first time I wasn't that impressed, by when I saw it the second time I looked at it from the perspective of the guy in the movie. Just imagining that you lived in this world without feeling/emotion and waking up to it would be really, really weird. It basically tries to make you think about your life and all that crap, then suddenly has a guy pull out 2 pistols and pistol whip 6 guys to death with these knives that pop out of the bottom.

I don't think the guy is an amazing director. I liked Equilibrium, and thought maybe this movie would be pretty good. I was wrong. I think Steven Spieldburg is a great director, but 90% of the movies he has directed I don't like.

Yeah some of us try to put ourselves in the position of the characters the fist time around when we watch movies. I still think the movie is awful, and Wimmer is a lousy director.
>>untie shoes
2006-03-07, 3:39 PM #40
Originally posted by Matterialize:
It's sort of like an extremely bad remake of Serenity.

Holy Flamebait Batman!
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor

↑ Up to the top!