Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I wanna do a yoga master... [Spoiler Thread]
I wanna do a yoga master... [Spoiler Thread]
2006-03-07, 7:54 PM #1
NOTE: THIS THREAD MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR ONLY THE BOOK: "Angels & Demons"! "The Davinci Code" spoilers must remain in spoiler tags.

So I read Angels & Demonds in the past 24 hours and I loved it. I couldn't put the book down the entire time. I've literally had to pee for 3 hours, but instead finished the last 150 pages. I was glued to it.

The one problem I had with the book?
24 hours is bull****.

I plan to pick up The Divinci Code this weekend and read that in a shorter time if possible. That book was like heroin, and to think... there's more of it! I need another fix already.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-07, 7:55 PM #2
Ok.
2006-03-07, 8:11 PM #3
the davinci code is a complete lie. the history channel had a decoding the past episode dealing with grail stories, and compared history to the book's theories. in short, don't believe what you read. i'll spoil a bit of it.... the holy grail is supposed to be the holy bloodline of christ.
Current Maps | Newest Map
2006-03-07, 8:12 PM #4
You may also be interested in Digital Fortress, also by Dan Brown. I found that it's basically just Davinci Code with a computer theme. I think he just has a little formula that he uses for his books and applies it to different themes.
2006-03-07, 8:14 PM #5
The DaVinci code is interesting, but you really have to take it as a fiction book. So much of it is so bogus, but it is still a really good story. Just don't take every word of it as gospel (no pun intended). Some of it is real, but most of it is BS. A good read though
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2006-03-07, 8:21 PM #6
All his books are identical.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-03-07, 8:21 PM #7
I really didn't take any of it as truth... I know about a majority of the statues and references and whatnot in the book. I knew what was truth and what was obviously fiction.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-07, 8:44 PM #8
[QUOTE=Blood Asp]the davinci code is a complete lie. the history channel had a decoding the past episode dealing with grail stories, and compared history to the book's theories. in short, don't believe what you read. i'll spoil a bit of it.... the holy grail is supposed to be the holy bloodline of christ.[/QUOTE]

Odd that a work of fiction isn't true.
Pissed Off?
2006-03-07, 8:49 PM #9
Originally posted by Detty:

Q F T

All his novels consist of intelligent attractive leads with links to another intelligent attractive main or secondary character of the opposite sex in danger from a shadowy organization searching for some answers of shadowy organization's malice and then final showdown with shadowy organization's lead figure who is represented by the least suspecting character (or most suspecting depends on how well you've conformed to the genre). Throw in some theorhetical assertions and action and voila a Dan Brown novel.

It seems all his novels are basically the same story but told to different interests.

Angels and Demons - Anti-matter
The DaVinci Code - Holy Grail
Digital Fortress - Unbreakable code
Deception Point - Alien Life forms
2006-03-07, 8:49 PM #10
Originally posted by Avenger:
Odd that a work of fiction isn't true.

let me have my fun, ok? it's not too much to ask, is it? :em321:
Current Maps | Newest Map
2006-03-07, 8:52 PM #11
Maybe. :p
Pissed Off?
2006-03-07, 9:20 PM #12
Literature wise, it is excellent.

People taking it for fact? Not so excellent.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-03-07, 10:13 PM #13
Originally posted by happydud:
Literature wise, it is excellent.

Not especially...it's a good read I suppose but I'd hardly call it modern literature.
2006-03-07, 10:31 PM #14
Anyone who refers to Leonardo aa Vinci as just "da Vinci" is a moron.

The From Vinci Code? :confused:
2006-03-07, 10:36 PM #15
Stupid Leonardo Da Vinci code, I tried writing davinci in so many games and it did nothing. :(
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-03-08, 3:10 AM #16
OLD
NEWZ!
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-03-08, 4:40 AM #17
Originally posted by Detty:

Agreed
2006-03-08, 5:28 AM #18
SG1 isn't true, but they kinda take Dan Brown's formula of finding explainations to unknown things to us, and tell us a story about it.

Holy Grail -> omg it's a bloodline![/quote]

Goa'Uld -> original inhabitors of the pyramid landing pads.
2006-03-08, 2:00 PM #19
Read The DaVinci Code and loved it.

Never read Angels and Demons, even though I have it on my shelf.
nope.

↑ Up to the top!