Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Belts.
Belts.
2006-03-08, 7:15 PM #1
I've broken 2 belts this school year. I broke one playing football, and broke one today playing basketball. I noticed all of a sudden "Hey..my pants are loose...dubya tee eff, mate?" and checked to see what happened...it's a reversible belt, and the two metal pieces holding it together had just broken. I need a belt, more or less...these pants fit without a belt, just really loose and start to fall off.

I just play rough in my belts...that's all. So do you wear a belt?
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-08, 7:17 PM #2
What I wear
woot!
2006-03-08, 7:19 PM #3
Go pantsless
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-03-08, 7:19 PM #4
Awesome.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-08, 7:30 PM #5
depends on the pantses
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-03-08, 7:31 PM #6
If I had a belt, I'd start clipping all sorts of unnecessary nerdy crap to it... like for example, this little LED flashlight comes with a carrying case that goes on a belt.

Actually now that I think of it, a belt wouldn't be a bad idea...
Stuff
2006-03-08, 7:32 PM #7
I wear a belt only if I'm wearing a shirt I need to tuck in.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-03-08, 7:35 PM #8
ALWAYS wear a belt if you are tucking your shirt in. You'll look like a douche otherwise.

I always wear a belt. Years ago I didn't like it when I didn't have to, but now it's such a habbit I can't do anything without wearing one. Unless, of course, I am wearing pants which do not support belts, e.g. athetlic stuff.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-03-08, 7:36 PM #9
Why do you play sports in a belt?
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2006-03-08, 7:37 PM #10
I used to carry a Leatherman & often a flashlight on my belt..but I'm not permitted to carry a knife at my new job, so I'm accessory-less. :(
woot!
2006-03-08, 7:39 PM #11
Originally posted by drizzt2k2:
Why do you play sports in a belt?

It's our free period/recess. Am I supposed to spend a minute changing pants jsut to play a sport? It's not PE or anything.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-08, 7:39 PM #12
you ****ing fatties

i need to wear a belt. my leg length to waist size ratio is too big.
2006-03-08, 7:43 PM #13
pants?
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2006-03-08, 7:44 PM #14
I basically have to wear a belt - I wear shirt/tie at work..without a belt, I'd look..well, stupid. :)

Originally posted by ragna:
you ****ing fatties

:confused:

<- ~8% bodyfat.

:p
woot!
2006-03-09, 1:00 AM #15
Originally posted by JLee:
I used to carry a Leatherman & often a flashlight on my belt..but I'm not permitted to carry a knife at my new job, so I'm accessory-less. :(

I always carry a Leatherman on my belt. A female coworker once noticed it, and asked if I knew it's illegal to carry a knife at public places. I told her she wouldn't need to be afraid, as I wouldn't use it against her... She seemed to be reassured by that, because she didn't comment it any further.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2006-03-09, 1:03 AM #16
I wear a belt with my jeans because I have to -- I'm freakin' skinny. I don't have to wear a belt with my khakis, but I do anyway. It's not like anyone sees it, as my shirts tend to cover over it, but eh. Maybe it's a habit from high school, I dunno.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-03-09, 1:14 AM #17
Originally posted by lassev:
I always carry a Leatherman on my belt. A female coworker once noticed it, and asked if I knew it's illegal to carry a knife at public places. I told her she wouldn't need to be afraid, as I wouldn't use it against her... She seemed to be reassured by that, because she didn't comment it any further.

Not in America it isn't. I don't know where you live tho.

It's only illegal in a few select public places. Like courthouses and schools.

As for me, I wear a belt, but I haven't accessorized it. The thought of doing so appeals to my nerdy side.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-03-09, 4:14 AM #18

Not illegal here - but apparently it's company policy..though I don't recall reading it in the employee handbook. :confused:
Originally posted by Freelancer:

It's only illegal in a few select public places. Like courthouses and schools.

As for me, I wear a belt, but I haven't accessorized it. The thought of doing so appeals to my nerdy side.

That varies per state law - I can legally carry a concealed firearm onto school property..so I'd assume I could a knife as well. :p
woot!
2006-03-09, 4:23 AM #19
I wear a belt because I wear (relatively, it seems) loose pants. And I like the way it looks. It's a nice thick leather belt.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-03-09, 4:30 AM #20
Zloc must be a fatty :o
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-03-09, 4:33 AM #21
Originally posted by Emon:
ALWAYS wear a belt if you are tucking your shirt in. You'll look like a douche otherwise.

I always wear a belt. Years ago I didn't like it when I didn't have to, but now it's such a habbit I can't do anything without wearing one. Unless, of course, I am wearing pants which do not support belts, e.g. athetlic stuff.

"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-03-09, 5:10 AM #22
Originally posted by Freelancer:

Well, according to our law (of edged weapons and such) it could indeed be illegal. However, I'm not any law expert, and there is a statement in the law that it doesn't apply if the object is needed for work or for other acceptable reasons.

And if one couldn't give an acceptable reason why he's carrying a Leatherman with him, then why would he be carrying it in the first place..? And it should be noted that a Leatherman wouldn't be a good choice for self-defence at all. But I doubt anybody would even get one for that purpose.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2006-03-09, 6:58 PM #23
Originally posted by Ruthven:
Zloc must be a fatty :o

No..the belts are made crappily (My parents decided "Hey, let's get Sam a reversible belt he'll only use one side of) so that there's these two metal parts that are rather loose. And I'm not fat, I actually thinned down in the last 6 months with more sports/being more active/not being a lazy *******.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-09, 7:00 PM #24
just wait until you lose all your baby fat, you'll be a rake.
Code:
  do her}
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-03-09, 7:00 PM #25
you mean you're supposed to -wear- belts? I always thought they were only for kinky sex. geez.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2006-03-09, 7:00 PM #26
what... the whole sex-choking thing?
Code:
  do her}
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-03-09, 7:04 PM #27
I use a belt because my pants are all too loose from the weight I lost 2 years ago.
Pissed Off?
2006-03-09, 8:03 PM #28
I rarely wear a belt. Mostly it's for dress clothing.

BUT HOW I YEARN TO NOT BE SUPPRESSED BY SOCIETY'S DEMAND FOR THE PANTSES.
2006-03-09, 8:06 PM #29
God I wish I couldn't wear pants, but we have cold weather up here:(. I'm making a vow to go at least one day this summer pantsless.
2006-03-09, 8:21 PM #30
you ****ing fatties

i need to wear a belt. my leg length to waist size ratio is too big.

No, you need to buy better pants, or wear long girls pants. It IS possible to find girls pants that are cut mascule and earen't frilly on the back. You just have to be internally secure.

I have a 29" waist and a 34-35 inch inseam. Unless you're FREAKISHLY tall even Nordstrom should carry your size, otherwise a big and tall store should too.

But I do look good in girly pants, but I stick with the ones that pass for boys pants.

Savers is your friend.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-03-09, 8:44 PM #31
i can't find my belt
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2006-03-09, 9:01 PM #32
A studded belt. I always wear it, regardless of whether or not I actually need to. I should probably buy a plain belt though, because wearing a shirt and a tie doesn't really mesh well with my studded belt and my Vans. :p
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2006-03-09, 9:07 PM #33
I always wear a belt unless I'm wearing athletic pants.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2006-03-09, 9:14 PM #34
Originally posted by Seb:
you mean you're supposed to -wear- belts? I always thought they were only for kinky sex. geez.

I'm not sure why, but references to EA are always funnier than you'd expect them to be.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2006-03-09, 9:43 PM #35
Oh, and I've broken 2 belts in the past 6 months. One of them was this really awesome studded belt. I was at a party and my friend grabbed it and pulled on it, it snapped. I used some duct-tape on it and then it broke again a couple weeks later in a different spot. I could just tape it again, but I might as well just buy a new belt.

I broke my other stud belt hitting someone with it.
2006-03-09, 9:45 PM #36
I don't have my belt on right now and my pants keep falling down.
Pissed Off?
2006-03-10, 12:40 AM #37
Originally posted by Spook:
No, you need to buy better pants, or wear long girls pants. It IS possible to find girls pants that are cut mascule and earen't frilly on the back. You just have to be internally secure.

I have a 29" waist and a 34-35 inch inseam. Unless you're FREAKISHLY tall even Nordstrom should carry your size, otherwise a big and tall store should too.

But I do look good in girly pants, but I stick with the ones that pass for boys pants.

Savers is your friend.

you dont find it hard to find pants with those specifications?
2006-03-10, 12:42 AM #38
you dont find it hard to find pants with those specifications?

I have a 29" waist and a 33.5-34 inseam and it's easy for me to find girl pants that fit me.
2006-03-10, 12:53 AM #39
Originally posted by Schming:
I have a 29" waist and a 33.5-34 inseam and it's easy for me to find girl pants that fit me.

ah, girl pants. maybe i should try that...
2006-03-10, 3:50 AM #40
Well, according to our law (of edged weapons and such) it could indeed be illegal. However, I'm not any law expert, and there is a statement in the law that it doesn't apply if the object is needed for work or for other acceptable reasons.

And if one couldn't give an acceptable reason why he's carrying a Leatherman with him, then why would he be carrying it in the first place..? And it should be noted that a Leatherman wouldn't be a good choice for self-defence at all. But I doubt anybody would even get one for that purpose.

I've carried a Leatherman daily for what..eight years now? It's a tool..that's why I carry it. Now if I need to fix anything, I have to go to my truck and break open the toolbox..which is typically overkill. :p

It's not for self defense..that's what my CCW is for. :p
woot!

↑ Up to the top!