Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Alien Ressurection
Alien Ressurection
2004-06-13, 12:16 PM #1
So I'm watching this movie, right. And this COULD be the worst movie I have ever seen. So they mixed a human, with an alien. And it's the worst monster I have ever seen. My god. Shoot the makers of this film.

------------------
I don't want your signature on the same page as mine. It's talking to my signature, and making it feel bad about itself.
2004-06-13, 12:30 PM #2
I agree. The Alien saga should have remained a trilogy.

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-06-13, 12:50 PM #3
Actually it should have remained a duology.
The first 2 were great, the rest sucked.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-06-13, 12:54 PM #4
I liked them all *shrug*

------------------
"Ever since I was a boy, I have always kept your laws, now I want to follow you and join you in your noble cause. Jesus turned to him and said, 'Sell all you have give to the poor.' Rich young ruler hung his head, not to follow, walked instead." - Vanishing Lesson
Think while it's still legal.
2004-06-13, 1:02 PM #5
I actually like Ressurection the most of all the Alien movies, followed by Alien, Alien 3, and last Aliens.

------------------
"The trick in life is not to find a way to make it perfect, it's to enjoy the good, strengthen your ability to deal with the bad, and keep your eyes looking forward to the good."
-Chelsea Brown
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2004-06-13, 1:11 PM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Simbachu:
I actually like Ressurection the most of all the Alien movies, followed by Alien, Alien 3, and last Aliens.</font>

No. Just no. Aliens was the best. No doubt about it. James Cameron managed to pull off something very few directors can ever pull off:

He made a sequel that surpasses the original.

The only cool part of Alien Ressurection would have to be seeing them swim. They did it so beautifully and gracefully, almost as if they belonged in the water.

------------------
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-06-13, 1:20 PM #7
The first one was better than the 2nd, the first one had suspense, the 2nd one was just blowing things up.
2004-06-13, 1:29 PM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GHORG:
The first one was better than the 2nd, the first one had suspense, the 2nd one was just blowing things up.</font>

Listen to the man - he speaketh the truth.

All hail Ridley Scott!!

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-06-13, 1:32 PM #9
They should make an Aliens five, in which the aliens begin to control the Earth, enslaving humans and growing them for food. Then Ripley is magically brought back to life again by an ancient Indian sun god ritual, and the battle for the universe begins as the Humans and the Terminators race against time to destroy the Aliens before a radical asteroid hits and destroys the planet.

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-06-13, 1:33 PM #10
I've never seen any of them.

*dodges oncoming barrage*
2004-06-13, 1:40 PM #11
I liked Ressurection.

------------------
Dude I've seen girls and I've seen lobsters, and that is totally a lobster.

-Correction
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-06-13, 1:48 PM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Correction:
They should make an Aliens five, in which the aliens begin to control the Earth, enslaving humans and growing them for food. Then Ripley is magically brought back to life again by an ancient Indian sun god ritual, and the battle for the universe begins as the Humans and the Terminators race against time to destroy the Aliens before a radical asteroid hits and destroys the planet.

</font>

They already did that. They called it "The Bridges of Madison County". It rocks, you should rent it.

------------------
Truth is in the eye of the beholder.
Forum Rules

[This message has been edited by Crimson (edited June 13, 2004).]
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2004-06-13, 4:03 PM #13
I'd love to have a pet xenomorph.... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

Or course i would have to have it declawed b/c they have a habit of swiping big chunks out of anything that moves...

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.
2004-06-13, 4:45 PM #14
Ugh.. Alien 3 was WRETCHED. It should be scorched from the face of the earth. Resurection was barable, Alien and Aliens rocked my socks.

------------------
"Just remember -- No matter how bad things get, Northern Minnesota will always be there"
-- Garrison Keeler
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-06-13, 4:46 PM #15
Quote:

</font>

Ladies and Gentlemen... The Ultimate SciFi Movie.

Oh, and I didn't like Ressurection much, though yes, I had forgotten how cool the swimming part was.

Aliens>Alien>Res.>Dog poo>Microsoft>rocks>death>Winamp3>AOL>Alien3

------------------
[16:38] Correction: dick tracy was a real man
[16:38] happydud: Actually... He wasn't. :D
[19:08] Dormouse: hi, my name's happydud and i'm passive-aggress.. SHUTUP!! *stabs nearby orphan*
[You have gained 3 Dark Side Points]
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-06-13, 5:01 PM #16
Quote:

</font>

Actually, I think this is the premise of the 5th aliens movie.

------------------
Prowling out of the tundra, swinging a jeweled meat hammer, cometh Outlaw Torn! And he gives a gutteral bellow:

"I'm seriously going to hump you until you scream like a banshee!"
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2004-06-13, 5:03 PM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fishstickz:
Ugh.. Alien 3 was WRETCHED. It should be scorched from the face of the earth. Resurection was barable, Alien and Aliens rocked my socks.

</font>

I agree.

------------------
I have a signature.
I have a signature.
2004-06-13, 5:04 PM #18
Quote:

</font>

Don't forget, Godzilla is in there too. Maybe Godzilla is controlling the Aliens?

http://www.badmovies.org/othermovies/alienres/index.html

There is the best review for Alien Ressurection ever. It even has the cool part with the Aliens swimming on video.

------------------

[This message has been edited by THRAWN (edited June 13, 2004).]
2004-06-13, 5:05 PM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MeLoN:
And this COULD be the worst movie I have ever seen.</font>

I take it you have not seen Batman and Robin...

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2004-06-13, 5:15 PM #20
Emon, or a Very Brady Sequel. I've seen both, and I gotta say Batman and Robin was worst. I can at least remember what happened in A Very Brady Sequel, while my mind has (thank God) effectively blocked most of Batman and Robin from it.

------------------
2004-06-13, 6:14 PM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MeLoN:
And this COULD be the worst movie I have ever seen.</font>
Ever see Dungeons & Dragons?

------------------
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2004-06-13, 6:30 PM #22
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Emon:
I take it you have not seen Batman and Robin...

</font>

Yeah, that was pretty bad.

I'm surprised this movie didn't ruin Schwartzenegger's career.

[edit] actually, it would be good if it was meant as a spoof, but as a serious movie in its own right? no... just no.

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited June 13, 2004).]
2004-06-13, 11:26 PM #23
May I just suggest the new installment for Aliens? http://www.avp-movie.com/ Aliens Vs. Predator, might be a good watch.

------------------
"It's time we face reality, my friends...We're not exactly rocket scientists." Gary Larson The Far Side
"Ours is not to question, but who is to question us" -Me
2004-06-13, 11:48 PM #24
I know a lot of people didn't like Ressurection, but I found it very enjoyable compared to most Sci-Fi movies.

------------------
Because you're as bored as I am
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-06-14, 12:01 AM #25
Alien 3 by itself was a pretty good movie I thought, but as a part of a trilogy (at that stage) I really hated what it did. It rendered a lot of the events in part 2 as completely pointless.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1, 2 & 3 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-06-14, 1:38 AM #26
I read in a magazine last year that Scott wanted a much darker ending for Alien. On the shuttle at the end the Alien would simply surprise and kill Ripley, and then radio back to earth in Ripley's voice...

...how cool would that've been?

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-06-14, 2:53 AM #27
But aliens can't talk.

------------------
I bet you think that's funny, don't you.
I bet you think that's funny, don't you.
2004-06-14, 4:08 AM #28
I personally think that Aliens was the best of the bunch with Alien in a close second. Alien 3 was a bore and had about 73 uses of the f-word throughout the whole film. Alien Resurrection could had been good too but the whole movie felt WAY too short and the story was uninteresting for the most part. I highly doubt an Alien 5 will ever see the light of day but Aliens Vs Predator should provide enough as a semi-sequel. I have a feeling though that AvP is going to be crap because the story is a little... odd. They should have just used the story from AvP 2. That would have been a LOT better.

-- SavageX

------------------
"...and if you don't like that, then you need to be slugged in the face repeatedly, until my hands are soaked in blood. Have a nice day!"
http://geocities.com/savagex378

[This message has been edited by SavageX378 (edited June 14, 2004).]
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2004-06-14, 6:08 AM #29
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jazzkokehead:
But aliens can't talk.

</font>

well, they can, but they can only make hissing or shrieking noises.

------------------
2004-06-14, 6:14 AM #30
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by A_C_1:

May I just suggest the new installment for Aliens? http://www.avp-movie.com/ Aliens Vs. Predator, might be a good watch.

</font>

the flash work on that site is excellent....

------------------
2004-06-14, 9:26 AM #31
Well, it's not just the subject matter of ressurection that makes it horrible. It's the way the movie looks. Especially toward the end. I mean, the alien queen with the giant stomach. The guy incased in all that **** and still talking. The way everyone seems to offer a BAD performance. That monster SUCKS really badly. This movie has nothing to do with Scott or Cameron. And to think that Cameron *****ed about Terminator 3. Someone should tap on his shoulder and say "Hey, Jim, it could be worse. Alot worse." The camera work in this movie is SO BAD it is unreal. They go for those dynamic sweeping shots of stuff, and it looks like they didn't even use a boom, they just had it on a tripod or something with a few guys trying to balance it.

I could go on and on about how much I hated this movie.

And I seriously don't think there has ever been a movie that I enjoyed less than this movie. I was seriously so bad I was made uncomfortable by watching it. Batman and Robbin made me laugh at its awefulness, but this just made me really uncomfortable.

------------------
I don't want your signature on the same page as mine. It's talking to my signature, and making it feel bad about itself.
2004-06-14, 10:43 AM #32
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:

the flash work on that site is excellent....

</font>

Agreed, and it would be really awesome if the movie turns out cooltoo, but I have my doubts. Just from my experience, monster vs monster movies tend to suck :\

------------------
2004-06-14, 11:09 AM #33
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fishstickz:

</font>

There's no such thing as a rock protégé but Aliens 3 was bogus right? I mean you could see the cardboard cut out of some aliens (and not in the good starwars way). Resurrection was slightly better but it should have remained as the first two films – The first was the best, it had drama, suspense and horror while the second had action and horror but at the expense of a bit of plot. But come on Space Balls was scarier (and generally better) than 3 and resurrection.

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Matthew Pate:
GUY: "Mate, you really Australianed up your Ford!"
GUY 2: "Yeah, I guess it was pretty spowned."
</font>
Originally posted by Matthew Pate:
GUY: "Mate, you really Australianed up your Ford!"
GUY 2: "Yeah, I guess it was pretty spowned."
2004-06-14, 11:56 AM #34
Quote:

</font>

aliens five. see; Aliens vs. preditor.

------------------
Those silly bullets have minds of their own!
Jon`C:Irony is spelling 'quality' poorly.
Spork:Well I think 'Irony is spelling grammar poorly'
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)-@%
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2004-06-14, 1:37 PM #35
*rubs hands together* I want to see some predators killing aliens

------------------
The sooner you realize I'm right the better off you will be.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-06-14, 5:37 PM #36
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by alpha1:
aliens five. see; Aliens vs. preditor.

</font>

Actually....
Aliens 5. Seperate movie concept. AVP is not an Alien movie nor a Predator movie. They are working on a script for Predator 3 and one for Alien 5. Here's what I got for Alien 5. Just google and you'll know what I speak. Anyway, Sigourny Weaver (sp) is going to be in Alien 5, whereas the chick from The Fifth Element and Resident Evil (I never can remember her name) is rumored to be in AVP.
Alien 5 Info
http://movies.go.com/movies/A/alien5_2004/

------------------
Prowling out of the tundra, swinging a jeweled meat hammer, cometh Outlaw Torn! And he gives a gutteral bellow:

"I'm seriously going to hump you until you scream like a banshee!"
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2004-06-14, 8:20 PM #37
If anything AvP will have cool fight scenes. And really, thats all I care about (JUST KIDDING). I didn't mind 3, I mean it wasn't that great, but I have seen worse. I liked Ressurection until the end, than I lost all respect for the movie. I liked Aliens more than Alien, but in plot and suspense factor Alien wins.

------------------
When you expect the pain - nothing left to ascertain
When you respect the lie - Deadly chasm open wide
---Circle of Dust "Chasm"
He's Watching you
…../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_………
…( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : : : o`-, ….
2004-06-14, 8:58 PM #38
I think Res and 3 were not so hot. They weren't super awful, but they don't do the first two movies any justice at all, which makes them bad by comparison

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!