Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Interview Vibes
Interview Vibes
2006-03-09, 6:57 AM #1
I just got a call to schedual a job interview later today. I'm surprised at the timing of wanting to set one up in the same day, but the real reason i'm here isn't to find out if any of you have had same-day interviews or such, but to request the trademarked Massassi Vibes that people go on and on about.

So wish me luck.

or don't, if you really wanna be a jerk.
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2006-03-09, 6:59 AM #2
Concert Bb
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-03-09, 8:22 AM #3
Heh, I've not had a same-day interview before, but I once walked into a place, said I was looking for a job, and they told me to come in the following thursday at some time. I figured it was for an interview, but when I got there, they started handing me a bunch of paperwork. ;)

Good luck
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-03-09, 10:30 AM #4
VIBE
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-03-09, 10:32 AM #5
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Heh, I've not had a same-day interview before, but I once walked into a place, said I was looking for a job, and they told me to come in the following thursday at some time. I figured it was for an interview, but when I got there, they started handing me a bunch of paperwork. ;)

Good luck

Yeah, that happened to me once too.
2006-03-09, 10:39 AM #6
I just started "looking" (>.>) for a place to work today. Good luck though!
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-03-09, 10:44 AM #7
ok, wow, while just about to get in the shower to get ready, I had two more calls for interviews, both wondering if I could come in today. Weirdness. I guess I need to print out a few extra copies of my resumé. I've got those set up for tomorrow, and Monday since either would be quite far from the place I'm going today.
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2006-03-09, 12:02 PM #8
Originally posted by MFalse:
ok, wow, while just about to get in the shower to get ready, I had two more calls for interviews, both wondering if I could come in today. Weirdness. I guess I need to print out a few extra copies of my resumé. I've got those set up for tomorrow, and Monday since either would be quite far from the place I'm going today.

You don't have fake degrees and accomplishments on there, do you? :p
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-03-09, 12:05 PM #9
No but most of the jobs i've applied for have been in retail, and I have eleven years of retail experiance considering I've worked in my family's hardware store since I was 11. There aren't many 22 year olds out there with 11 years work experiance.
Last.fm
2006-03-09, 12:06 PM #10
Oh and there's my Doctorate in Awesomeness I recieved from STFU.

>.>
Last.fm
2006-03-09, 12:13 PM #11
What was your thesis about?
2006-03-09, 1:09 PM #12
Originally posted by Freelancer:

Good luck

pssh, I beat that with walking in, being asked if I wanted a job, then called back the next day to start. :p

I've had a same day interview before, was called at about 8:30 for an interview at 13:00. It was good in a way, less time to get nervous!

good luck!
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2006-03-09, 2:16 PM #13
Good luck, dude! :)
Pissed Off?
2006-03-09, 2:34 PM #14
Woobles for you!
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.

↑ Up to the top!