Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → "Spanish Lil John"
"Spanish Lil John"
2006-03-09, 7:12 PM #1
"QUE?!"

I just got back from Dave Chappelle's Block Party, and it was freaking awesome. I'm not a big fan of rap music or Chappelle, but the movie was funny and all around entertaining. The movie didn't focus on comedy, it focused on the huge block party, and it was just all around well made. It reminded me of the oldskool 'Rockumentary' films, and just the way they show how everything got thrown together, makes me respect all the people involved in this a lot more. Go see it. If you think I am a liar, go check out Rotten Tomatoes for yourself. The movie has like 93% or something like that.
Think while it's still legal.
2006-03-09, 7:14 PM #2
I hate rappers so much, I'm going to spit on this thread

YYYCCHHHHHH

THSHEW

*splat*
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-03-09, 7:26 PM #3
Sounds interesting, i've heard Dave and he's pretty funny sometimes. So it wouldn't suprise me if it was well made.
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2006-03-10, 3:32 AM #4
BUMP
Think while it's still legal.
2006-03-10, 6:25 AM #5
I hate ruthven so much i'm gonna murder his parents.

*CHOP*
2006-03-10, 6:41 AM #6
*me marvels at Ruthven's amazing spit onomatopoeia *
“Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.” -G.K. Chesterton
2006-03-10, 1:53 PM #7
I saw it. I brought those who didnt like rap, or appreciate hip hop and they hated it. Its a hit or miss movie.
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2006-03-10, 1:55 PM #8
Isn't it directed by Michele Gondry?
>>untie shoes
2006-03-10, 1:57 PM #9
Never heard of it, however it automatically loses poits for sharing the name with a slightly crappy band.
nope.
2006-03-11, 12:58 PM #10
Everone I've talked to didn't like it. They expected it to be hilarious, but instead it was something else entirely.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-03-11, 1:14 PM #11
Originally posted by Baconfish:
Never heard of it, however it automatically loses poits for sharing the name with a slightly crappy band.

a) that's "bloc party" ("bloc" meaning a group, not "block" as in a city street)
b) they arent crappy
c) the term "block party" has been around before the band "bloc party"
2006-03-12, 9:57 AM #12
1. Fair Enough,
2. Out of an entire album there;s only 2 good songs, so I reckon they're crappy.
nope.

↑ Up to the top!