Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Metal Gear Solid enters the 21st Century...
Metal Gear Solid enters the 21st Century...
2006-03-10, 1:37 PM #1
Say good-bye to the crappy camera system from previous MGS titles: MGS3 Subsistence is here!

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/694/694781p1.html

Subsistence is a two-disc set for only $29.99 that includes the original game with a new camera system, multiplayer, the original Metal Gear games, and some other stuff like demo and secret theaters.

Must buy me thinks.
2006-03-10, 1:44 PM #2
I've been waiting for this game. I am going to go buy another PS2 (my first was stolen) just for this game.

I'll play against you some time, Knobz.

Also, I didn't think the camera was so bad in the first games. A little annoying at times, but not enough to make me upset or anything.
2006-03-10, 1:45 PM #3
I actually liked the original camera.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-03-10, 1:56 PM #4
I'll go buy it, but yes I didn't mind the camera. Oh, and those face paints were region downloads at all, they were included int he european version of the game.
nope.
2006-03-10, 2:16 PM #5
Quote:
Subsistence is a two-disc set for only $29.99 that includes the original game with a new camera system, multiplayer, the original Metal Gear games, and some other stuff like demo and secret theaters.

I think he's a plant..

OH NOES MARKETING FORUMERS
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-03-10, 2:57 PM #6
Originally posted by KnobZ:
Say good-bye to the crappy camera system from previous MGS titles: MGS3 Subsistence is here!

so... it's metal gear... with a splinter cell style camera... cool beans. I'd defintly pick it up.
The Gas Station
2006-03-10, 3:29 PM #7
Originally posted by ':
-[ellequin']I'll play against you some time, Knobz.

Sorry, I only have an old fat PS2 without the networking adapter.
2006-03-10, 5:25 PM #8
People have been reviewing this as gaming perfection pretty much, with the new camera. I myself did not mind the old camera system at all, and this new one will just enhance the game

For 30 bucks, there is not a better deal you can get on a better game anywhere.

Hellequin, I'm taking you on!
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2006-03-10, 5:35 PM #9
If I could play online I would get it...
2006-03-10, 5:45 PM #10
Proof of the existance of a Higher Power right here.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2006-03-11, 6:59 AM #11
I like the old camera.

Anyway, I won't be getting it for the reason that I don't have a network adapter. As far as I remember all the bonuses either require that or were available in the European version to begin with (correct me if I'm wrong?), apart from the original MG games which don't really justify buying the game again to me.

Although, the new box art is cool.

I'm gonna go play Snake Eater again :D
2006-03-11, 8:53 AM #12
Already preordered the Limited Edition and now waiting for it to come out. Although the old camera is fine, the new one will help in certain spots(The End, The Fury). Also getting an adapter and wireless box for it.
No sig.

↑ Up to the top!