Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Venting
Venting
2006-03-11, 10:36 PM #1
Well I never thought I'd be doing this, but it looks like I am having relationship troubles. Here is the story......

I have been dating this girl for two years. I was happy as can be, and she said she was too. At least I thought so, up until a week ago. She said she wanted to take a break, so I told her I was fine with it. I called her yesterday and she said she doesnt want to talk to me. Then today I find out she is on a date with MY best friend. It hurts alot because now that I think about the more I realize she was just using me :gbk:. All I can do now is try and get the $300 ring I bought her back and her $120 prom dress. The good news is is that I still have the receipts so if she doesnt cooperate I can bring the law into play. Sorry to bore you with all of this, I just need to vent. Life sucks :mad:
2006-03-11, 10:46 PM #2
How can you bring the law into play? You gave that stuff to her...
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-03-11, 10:46 PM #3
No clue but she bought it and agreed to give me the stuff back :banned:
2006-03-11, 10:50 PM #4
Dating? What do you mean, dating? If I understand correctly, and if what happened is that you've found your girlfriend cheating on you with your friend, then yeah, that's crappy - but then, there's always room for discussion if it's a serious relationship. Or simply if you love her. So, again - what do you mean, dating?
幻術
2006-03-11, 10:51 PM #5
Because if she's not your girlfriend, you have no right to *****.
幻術
2006-03-11, 10:59 PM #6
She was lying to you, so she's a *****.
Pissed Off?
2006-03-11, 11:06 PM #7
Originally posted by Koobie:

She was though when this started? :(
2006-03-11, 11:38 PM #8
It sucks, but think of it this way. You're better than she is because you weren't lying to her. You deserve better than someone who is not going to be honest with you.
Pissed Off?
2006-03-12, 12:17 AM #9
[quote=Keith Marshall]She was though when this started? :([/quote]

Ah. It's just that I don't really equate the phrase "to date" to being in a relationship. For some reason, it makes me think of high-school kids kissing each other during their class breaks and making out when their parent's aren't home. Excuse me if I misunderstood you.
幻術
2006-03-12, 6:29 AM #10
kill her in 10 years.
2006-03-12, 8:49 AM #11
Why wait? :p

I'm sorry that happened to you though, man. That's like my worst fear when it comes to girls.
DO NOT WANT.
2006-03-12, 9:44 AM #12
And that is why you fail!
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-03-12, 10:13 AM #13
Time to take someone off that list of best friends. :o

If I knew how old you and she were this would make more sense. Anyway, how could you stay with this girl for two years and not realize she felt/acted like that? I mean, when she wants a "break," then there is definitely something wrong.
Historians are the most powerful and dangerous members of any society. They must be watched carefully... They can spoil everything. - Nikita Khrushchev.
Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god. - Jean Rostand.
2006-03-12, 10:49 AM #14
Thankfully Im still friends with what few exs I have. All breakups have been amicable(sp?). One of the rules I have for staying friends is that my friends and co-workers are off limits. hasnt been an issue yet.

As for dealing with your issue. what kind of fish do you have on hand?
The tips at the end of shoelaces are called "aglets". Their true purpose is sinister.
2006-03-12, 11:33 AM #15
The only ex I still like and am friends with is my latest 1, tora, only cos she's a great person, and doesnt deserve my wrath.

Keith's ex on the other hand.... :mad:

Kieth, you need to punch her in the ovaries.

or something similar ...
Attachment: 10955/sword-katana-ww2-3.jpg (56,177 bytes)
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-03-12, 12:41 PM #16
He'd probably just use that sword to slit his wrists.
2006-03-12, 1:04 PM #17
I think that full severance would be more fruitful.
2006-03-12, 1:10 PM #18
Nah.

Emo's just want attention. Not to actually die or lose their hands.
2006-03-12, 1:15 PM #19
You see my point?
2006-03-12, 1:20 PM #20
Yeah, but.. if he had no hands he'd only have more to cry about!
2006-03-12, 3:04 PM #21
Originally posted by Koobie:

Isn't dating and girl griend the same thing? Besides "Girl Friend" is not an official relation ship, and grants you no legal benefits.
2006-03-12, 5:25 PM #22
Originally posted by Rob:
Yeah, but.. if he had no hands he'd only have more to cry about!

But no way to plague the internet with it at least.

o.0
2006-03-12, 5:39 PM #23
Voice recognition software.

Oh man, that'd be horrible.
2006-03-12, 5:40 PM #24
It's horrible that she cheated on you. Sorry, bud.

[QUOTE=Keith Marshall]her $120 prom dress[/QUOTE]

I don't know how you could legally get it back, but even if you did, what would you do with it?
2006-03-12, 5:43 PM #25
Where does it say she cheated on him?

They went on a break. She went out with some other dude.

This thread sucks, because we aren't getting both sides of the story. It's just generic OMG TEH WOMEN ARE EVAL dribble. For all we know, he could be a royal **** that lords the ring and the dress over her head.
2006-03-12, 5:43 PM #26
Kinky stuff. You know, the usual.

With the prom dress and the voice recognition software, things could really get crazy.

The ring will have to go somewhere private.
2006-03-12, 7:46 PM #27
look thats why you never spend more than 100$ any any one thing for a girl till you are at least engaged.

seriously though, speaking from experience if shes willing to screw you over one she'll be willing to do it again later. move on and if at all possible flaunt it!
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2006-03-12, 10:35 PM #28
Originally posted by Darth_Alran:
look thats why you never spend more than 100$ any any one thing for a girl till you are at least engaged.

see if thay open there wallet for you then.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2006-03-12, 10:38 PM #29
[QUOTE=Keith Marshall]Well I never thought I'd be doing this, but it looks like I am having relationship troubles. Here is the story......

I have been dating this girl for two years. I was happy as can be, and she said she was too. At least I thought so, up until a week ago. She said she wanted to take a break, so I told her I was fine with it. I called her yesterday and she said she doesnt want to talk to me. Then today I find out she is on a date with MY best friend. It hurts alot because now that I think about the more I realize she was just using me :gbk:. All I can do now is try and get the $300 ring I bought her back and her $120 prom dress. The good news is is that I still have the receipts so if she doesnt cooperate I can bring the law into play. Sorry to bore you with all of this, I just need to vent. Life sucks :mad:[/QUOTE]

The exact same thing happened to me. It sucks donkey penis, yes. It took me the best part of 3 and a half years to move on (we had been going out for nearly twice as long as you two) but I did, and I am happy. Just keep in mind that you can move on, and for crying out loud NEVER go back. I did (for a bit) and it was the worst mistake I ever made in my life.
2006-03-13, 7:49 AM #30
dude when my girl asked for a break i cried and i wasn't cool with it, why would you have been... OR you weren't and thought she just wanted more time to hang with her 'girl' friends which is the getting drunk and skinny dipping with her 'girl' friends and other guys... You blew it when you said ok we can have a break, you should have asked her why? why god why? (are women evil)

and to keep things on the safe side make you sure kick your friends ***.. or if you can't well just get him drunk first and pretend that your getting drunk to and then kick his ***...
2006-03-13, 11:37 AM #31
It's not his fault. The girl can go out with whom ever she pleases. You don't own her.
2006-03-13, 11:44 AM #32
I wanted to beat the crap out of my best mate, but eventually I realised she'd used him just like me, we'd both suffered enough and we made up. We're better friends than we ever were. So errr yeah, leave off any fisticuffs is my advice.
2006-03-13, 11:47 AM #33
Your 'friend' is (was?) a jerk.
Your girlfriend was a jerk.

Just move on.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-03-13, 12:10 PM #34
but they must ppaaayyy! PAY I SAY!
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-03-13, 12:16 PM #35
PAY IN SEX.
2006-03-13, 9:11 PM #36
that's why I don't have any friends. every time i think i've made a friend, I just get used and then never see or hear from them again. good ****in riddance anyway. :)
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2006-03-13, 9:13 PM #37
Are you a fan of Linkin Park?

↑ Up to the top!