Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Silent Hill teaser Posters are HERE!
Silent Hill teaser Posters are HERE!
2006-03-12, 9:42 AM #1
Release Date:

US : April 21 2006
UK : April 17 2006

http://ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/image/article/694/694761/christophe-gans-20060310021545536.jpg

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/4241/exclusive8hp.jpg

http://img305.imageshack.us/img305/9882/silhill01sm4ct.jpg

http://images.aintitcool.com/images2006/AICNexclusiveSH.jpg

http://www.ugo.com/images/galleries/silenthill_filmtv/silenthill_21.jpg

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/silenthill/site/downloads/poster/silenthillposter.jpg
||||||||||||||||||||
2006-03-12, 9:43 AM #2
1st, 2nd and 4th are my favourite.

Anyone else think the one with the girl looks a little bit crap?
2006-03-12, 9:49 AM #3
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]1st, 2nd and 4th are my favourite.

Anyone else think the one with the girl looks a little bit crap?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it does look lame.
2006-03-12, 9:55 AM #4
Oh, and you know there's a trailer out, right?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/silenthill/
2006-03-12, 10:04 AM #5
There's a silent hill film now?

If it's a movie based on a computer game, chances it's going to suck.
nope.
2006-03-12, 10:35 AM #6
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]1st, 2nd and 4th are my favourite.

Anyone else think the one with the girl looks a little bit crap?[/QUOTE]

Like she needs to take a little poopy?
The tips at the end of shoelaces are called "aglets". Their true purpose is sinister.
2006-03-12, 12:29 PM #7
Originally posted by Baconfish:

Nope. you'll be happy to know that this was not written or directed by paul anderson or uwe boll.... also the director and writers worked VERY closely with Team Silent (creators of Silent Hill) with the development of the movie.. and the director is a HUGE Silent Hill fan.. so I doubt VERY Highly that this movie will suck... This time, the film makers actually have played the game, and care about creating a good video game to film adaptaion...

and yes, I knew there was a trailer.. (actually 2)
here's the other trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqwklIFq_Kw&search=silent%20hill
||||||||||||||||||||
2006-03-12, 12:37 PM #8
I never played the game, but the movie has Sean Bean in it and that's usually enough for me to go see it.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2006-03-12, 12:42 PM #9
Originally posted by Baconfish:
There's a silent hill film now?

And it's Silent Hill.

So thats like suck squared.
2006-03-12, 12:46 PM #10
i wish people would read posts
||||||||||||||||||||
2006-03-12, 12:50 PM #11
Oh, I read it.

Theres a problem, that is unavoidable during the transfer between certain mediums. book -> Movie | Comic book -> movie | Game -> movie are the most common offenders.

You might look at this way. Go see the Mona Lisa. Pretty bad *** right? Now go find a picture of it online. Still Bad ***, but not nearly as bad *** as being able to see it in person. The same thing goes for about 99% of paintings that aren't lines and doodles. It suffers from the transfer between mediums.

You can say, that the same thing will apply when you look at the history of recording mediums. Only it's pretty reverse. Things suck less as time goes on, it would appear.

You can either accept that, or be a cry baby when someone tells you that you have sucky taste in everything.

Silent Hill still sucks, by the way.
2006-03-12, 1:53 PM #12
are you calling me a crybaby because I said that the director is staying very true to the game, and has run everything through the makers of the game?! I am so confused right now.. I totally wasn't attacking you in anyway or saying anything bad about you.. whats up with that man?
||||||||||||||||||||
2006-03-12, 2:02 PM #13
He's basically saying that transfers between formats are never quite as good, and that Silent Hill sucks.

Oh, and my thoughts exactly Rob.
nope.
2006-03-12, 2:05 PM #14
alright, that's his opinion.. and I didn't mock him or say he was wrong... I just said.. I don't think so, because the director worked with the original silent hill team... so it should be liek the game.. then I get "STFU CRY BABY... you have sucky taste in EVERYTHING!"... i am just curious as to why he flew off the handle like that.. does he have some sort of mental problem?
||||||||||||||||||||
2006-03-12, 2:07 PM #15
It was more just him explaining the loss of quality thing, and then since it's a Rob post I guess he added a generic insult.
nope.
2006-03-12, 2:17 PM #16
ah (adds to ignore), well be that as it may, I think I'll take my chances in the movie theatre. I have been very impressed with everything I have seen from it.
||||||||||||||||||||
2006-03-12, 2:22 PM #17
Originally posted by Spiral:
alright, that's his opinion.. and I didn't mock him or say he was wrong... I just said.. I don't think so, because the director worked with the original silent hill team... so it should be liek the game.. then I get "STFU CRY BABY... you have sucky taste in EVERYTHING!"... i am just curious as to why he flew off the handle like that.. does he have some sort of mental problem?

He seems a little insecure. I've never read anything helpful from him, so he is on ignore.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-03-12, 2:27 PM #18
yeah, i kinda got that after bacon's last post.. that's why I added him to mine.. oh well.. back on track! i seriously thing this is going to be the best game to movie ever (aside from Clue of course)
||||||||||||||||||||
2006-03-12, 2:33 PM #19

No mental problem, he's just Rob. Plain, annoying, Rob.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2006-03-12, 2:39 PM #20
are you calling me a crybaby because I said that the director is staying very true to the game, and has run everything through the makers of the game?! I am so confused right now.. I totally wasn't attacking you in anyway or saying anything bad about you.. whats up with that man?

You WAHHHHHH everytime I say something you don't like.

That counts as being a cry baby.
2006-03-12, 3:27 PM #21
This will be an incredible movie if they can pull it off. No game has affected me much like Silent Hill (#4 specifically), and I would hope they can get the same effect in the theaters. What makes Silent Hill is it's lack of cheap jump scares, and how it's scary because of the atmosphere created. There's a huge difference between being startled and being creeped out psychologically.
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2006-03-12, 3:48 PM #22
my point exactly... from what I have heard, they did a test screening, and tristar LOVED it.. they didn't tell him to cut anything, and they asked him on the spot to do a sequil... Also they did a screening for the people behind the game, an dthey loved it too.. The director made up 1 monster called the "janitor" monster.. adn the leader of Team Silent asked if he could use it in a future game.. it really sounds like the director is going to do us proud :)
||||||||||||||||||||
2006-03-12, 4:04 PM #23
Release Date:

US : April 21 2006
UK : April 17 2006

amazing the UK gets to see it before the US, that doesn't happen very often.

on the film, looks pretty good, I've never played the games nor will I before I go see the film probably. Going from the trailer it does look like it has better production values than most of the other game -> films so that makes it mildy promising.

I'll probably go see it when it comes out, even though I'm not much of a horror movie fan, although this film doesn't appear to be a total horror film.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2006-03-12, 4:48 PM #24
Originally posted by Rob:
Silent Hill still sucks, by the way.

Just because you scream like the little girl you stole that hair from every time you play the game doesn't mean it sucks, it means you do. :p
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-03-12, 5:49 PM #25
Originally posted by Roach:
Just because you scream like the little girl you stole that hair from every time you play the game doesn't mean it sucks, it means you do. :p

Actually, I just run around the not at all frightening or effective enemies.

I guess the game is trying to "weird" you out.

Mission failure.

The only game that was ever good at weirding me out was that game on Gamecube with the fear meter and the bleeding walls and crap. Of course, that game was only good to a point. Then you got a spell to make fear go away... taking all of the fun out of it.
2006-03-12, 6:18 PM #26
Rob you're the most opinionated person I know. And the worst part about it, is that you seem to think your opinion is fact, and if anyone disagrees they are either wrong or stupid for thinking so. Having an opinion is fine, but being an *** about it will get you on a lot of people's bad sides really quick. And yes, I know you really don't give a damn, but that just shows how incredibly childish you are. Yes, there is the ignore option on these forums, and yes I know I can ignore you, but see, you shouldn't see how far you can go to the point where people begin to ignore you. I prefer not to ignore people, because then it makes other conversations on the boards confusing. So why don't you seriously just grow up and learn how to communicate in an enviornment amongst other people.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2006-03-12, 6:21 PM #27
Dark_Knight said just what I was thinking, except in a more mature manner. :)
DO NOT WANT.
2006-03-12, 10:47 PM #28
dark_Knight.. I hate ignoring people too.. infact I never ignored anyone before today.. and rob was my first contestant.. i felt he wasn't really worth arguing with..
||||||||||||||||||||
2006-03-12, 10:56 PM #29
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
Rob you're the most opinionated person I know. And the worst part about it, is that you seem to think your opinion is fact, and if anyone disagrees they are either wrong or stupid for thinking so. Having an opinion is fine, but being an *** about it will get you on a lot of people's bad sides really quick. And yes, I know you really don't give a damn, but that just shows how incredibly childish you are. Yes, there is the ignore option on these forums, and yes I know I can ignore you, but see, you shouldn't see how far you can go to the point where people begin to ignore you. I prefer not to ignore people, because then it makes other conversations on the boards confusing. So why don't you seriously just grow up and learn how to communicate in an enviornment amongst other people.

You're funny.

Ps, DragonballZ sucks.

Now, stop being a reactionary and crapping up the thread.
2006-03-12, 10:56 PM #30
I've had Rob ignored for a couple weeks now. Every time I clicked on the little link to look at one of his posts, it was something not worth reading. I used to think Rob was cool, but he's so full of insults these days.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-03-12, 11:06 PM #31
My sister suddenly went crazy of those games.

They don't really seem that interesting to me. Or perhaps they do, but I'd play them in 20 years anyway.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-03-12, 11:28 PM #32
Sadly, I've never played the games -- thus, as yet, the movie makes little sense to me. Perhaps I'll go see it -- but maybe not.

And as for Rob... He's one of the reasons I don't spend much time here. He is immature, plain and simple. He makes me want to punch babies.
"And lo, let us open up into the holy book of Proxy2..." -genk
His pot is blacker than his kettle!
2006-03-13, 12:28 AM #33
Rob makes me want to punch babies too... but for different reasons than you all have listed.
>>untie shoes

↑ Up to the top!