Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Finally sold PC, waiting for new parts
Finally sold PC, waiting for new parts
2006-03-12, 12:07 PM #1
I finally sod my PC for $500! The kid really likes it, especially since he can run Comand and Conquoer General: Zero Hour, on full graphics.

I put an order in for more parts and they're being delivered sometime this week. I spent over $1200 on this new PC, and I can't wait to use it. My old and new PC specs:

Old PC:
Celeron D 335 (Overclocked to 3.04 ghz)
ATI Radeon 9600 XT (In Overdrive)
768 mb of RAM

New PC:
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ (newer one with E6 stepping)
XFX Nvidia 7800gt 256 mb graphics card.
2 gb of Ram

Best part is my graphics card comes with a FREE copy of COD2, and can't wait to put that game on full res and graphics.

My Tiger Direct shipment is in Kentucky and my Newegg shipment has not been processed yet. I'm using UPS 2nd day shipping to get it here.

Anyone know when the parts should come in? Can't wait for my friend and I took get a jump on the build so I can stop using my mom's Pentium III runing Windows 98! Looks like this is it for the next day or two. I know a lot of you have gotten a lot of PC parts by mail. Anyone know when the parts arrive?
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2006-03-12, 12:08 PM #2
Shoulda used Fedex. ;)

That said, I'll guess your Newegg order should show up on Wednesday. No idea with TigerDirect..I hope you get it eventually. :p
woot!
2006-03-12, 12:13 PM #3
Originally posted by JLee:
Shoulda used Fedex. ;)

That said, I'll guess your Newegg order should show up on Wednesday. No idea with TigerDirect..I hope you get it eventually. :p

Didn't have enough money to use FedEx, wanted to because they are the best. Oh and thanks again to everyone, especially Jepman for helping pick out the parts for a new PC. I know it'll be worth it.

-G Man
2006-03-12, 12:13 PM #4
When you get COD2, get the patch immediately, or you will not be running at max everything :p
2006-03-12, 12:16 PM #5
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]When you get COD2, get the patch immediately, or you will not be running at max everything :p[/QUOTE]

I hear you. Star Wars: BFII was the same way. Patches usually help performance a lot so that will be on top of my list. I also can't wait to start replaying HL2 on full graphics. Sick and tired of antalising in games.

-G Man
2006-03-12, 12:38 PM #6
I hate Fedex.

You have to work next to them to know why.

You realize the majority of their volume is letters right? Near all of the computer component sized boxes get put in with their "smalls" bags. Thats lame.

Then again, we put boxes that size into bags too and they're treated just as poorly. Thats why I recomend everyone ship something in an oversized box.
2006-03-12, 12:52 PM #7
I hate to break it to you, but COd2 is the most boring game i have played in a long time. It might not have been so bad, if I hadn't played a bunch of other shooters in the "Unrealistic Rambo WW2 fps" genre, but I have and it was boring. No physics, the game play is really, really scripted. The graphics are ok, but nothing special, expecially for the way it bogs down on high end systems.
2006-03-12, 12:57 PM #8
Screw you, Rambo would kick your *** then rape your dad... rambo is lord, don't diss the rambo.

:p
2006-03-12, 12:59 PM #9
They need to make a game where you're seriously just a one man, gorilla warfare style, huling, hairy killing machine.
2006-03-12, 1:05 PM #10
Originally posted by Rob:
They need to make a game where you're seriously just a one man, gorilla warfare style, huling, hairy killing machine.

Postal?
2006-03-12, 1:07 PM #11
I don't think miles of gasoline trails counts as gorrila warfare. :(
2006-03-12, 1:19 PM #12
The first part of Far Cry.
2006-03-12, 1:21 PM #13
FarCry was REALLY GOOD.

Then you started fighting mutants and it got lame. :(
2006-03-12, 1:23 PM #14
SoF?
2006-03-12, 1:24 PM #15
You didn't need gorilla warfare, and you didn't get to use it.

You however, did get to be a one man machine of GRUESOME DEATH.
2006-03-12, 3:02 PM #16
guerrilla
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-03-12, 3:06 PM #17
Attachment: 10957/gorilla-warfare.jpg (62,933 bytes)
2006-03-12, 3:07 PM #18
Originally posted by MBeggar:
guerrilla

I CAN SPEEL.
2006-03-12, 3:09 PM #19
FarCry was REALLY GOOD.

Then you started fighting mutants and it got lame. :(

That and the enemies were waaaay to strong. If they wanted to make it hard they should have made you weaker. Emptying 8 rounds from an M-16 into someone's chest at point blank rage will kill them. Period. I hate it when guns are so nerfed they don't even feel like guns.

[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]Screw you, Rambo would kick your *** then rape your dad... rambo is lord, don't diss the rambo.

:p[/QUOTE]

Watch UHF. Now.
2006-03-12, 3:10 PM #20
I liked that it was a bit arcadey.
2006-03-12, 7:00 PM #21
They also had body armor on their chests too...
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-03-12, 7:04 PM #22
I liked that it was a bit arcadey.

But really annoying after awhile. When I shoot people I want them to die! I don't want to keep track of weather I've hit them in the head 6 or 7 times. It's ok to a point, like in HL2, but seriously, that was just irritating.
2006-03-12, 7:05 PM #23
Originally posted by Sol:
They also had body armor on their chests too...

Typical body armor doesn't do much against a .223. :)
woot!
2006-03-12, 7:06 PM #24
Wow, I was just going to edit the same thing into my post. Confused my for a sec.

I was going to play through again, and at one point some guy jumped out at me from behind a ware house. It scared me so I put half my M-16's clip into him. He wasn't able to shoot back because I was shooting at him. Anyway I ran out of ammo, he shot me once and I died. Then I remembered what a huge pain that game was and quit. I remember I ran up to one of hte bug mutants one time with full ammo on all guns. It went like this.

*full P-90 clip all in the face*

*full M-16 clip into into his face*

*7 or 8 shot gun shells into his face*

*he dies*

*Another guy kills me*

You could not see his head at all because of all the bullet holes.

↑ Up to the top!