Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → DVD playing software stuffs
DVD playing software stuffs
2006-03-12, 4:29 PM #1
This computer's hard drive just got wiped and we lost the DVD player which costed the moneys. So now I want some free DVD playing software. I downloaded one but after an hour it started crashing constantly so I uninstalled it. Do you have any suggestions? I rely on your super Massassi powers.
2006-03-12, 4:35 PM #2
http://www.cliprex.com/

I haven't used it before, but it may be worth a shot.
woot!
2006-03-12, 4:35 PM #3
The only free one I know of is VLC.
2006-03-12, 4:43 PM #4
Windows Media Player works just fine for me. But then again, I don't watch movies all that frequently on my PC.
2006-03-12, 4:48 PM #5
Originally posted by JLee:
http://www.cliprex.com/

I haven't used it before, but it may be worth a shot.

Haha! That's the one I downloaded before! Also, when I downloaded it a mysterious spyware detected popup came on to my screen. Could have been a coincidence but I don't think I'll be using that program.

KnobZ: I tried it on Windows Media Player but there was some sort of error. I couldn't understand it though because it installed itself in French for no reason. :p

tofu: I'll try that.

EDIT: Tofu, it seems to be working. Thanks. :)
2006-03-12, 5:34 PM #6
Media Player Classic. Definately no other.

That is, unless you like uberawesome mplayer, but that has no GUI, so it's for the advanced user.

MZZT and I like it tho :p
2006-03-12, 5:35 PM #7
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]MZZT and I like it tho :p[/QUOTE]

That's cause you guys have small penises.
2006-03-13, 8:24 AM #8
Media Player Classic. There is nothing better. Plays every file in exisitance and you don't even have to install it!
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-03-13, 8:40 AM #9
VLC is the best player that I've ever used.

Windows media player is extremely bloated to the point of running like it's stuck in glue.

↑ Up to the top!