Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So long there, children!
So long there, children!
2006-03-13, 2:37 PM #1
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060313/ap_en_tv/people_isaac_hayes

Tis a shame, Chef/Hayes was hilarious. To be honest, where are the children gonna learn about the clitoris, or prositutes now?
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2006-03-13, 2:39 PM #2
f***
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-03-13, 2:41 PM #3
Wow...

Honestly, I don't know what to say.

I didn't know he was a member of the church of scientology. Points lost..

But I mean he's ****ing Isaac Hayes..
2006-03-13, 2:43 PM #4
This is going to hurt the show quite a bit me thinks.
Pissed Off?
2006-03-13, 2:43 PM #5
Like I said in my last post

f***

Chef is part of what has made South Park funny all these years.

He's leaving and taking the interest of the viewers with him :(
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-03-13, 2:44 PM #6
Although the article offers limited information, from what I can gather, I totally agree with what Matt Stone and Trey Parker said. Isaac Hayes sounds like he just couldn't quite handle the satire when scientology flew onto the radar, and he loses brownie points in my eyes for that.
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2006-03-13, 2:44 PM #7
he's a scientologist?

When will people learn!

Yeah, whatever, goodbye chef, have fun with your dumbass religion.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-03-13, 2:45 PM #8
Quote:
"Religious beliefs are sacred to people, and at all times should be respected and honored," he continued. "As a civil rights activist of the past 40 years, I cannot support a show that disrespects those beliefs and practices."

What a hypocrite. South Park has been doing this to other religions for years, but now that it hits him personally, he cant take it.
2006-03-13, 2:49 PM #9
no more chocolate salty balls... :(
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2006-03-13, 2:53 PM #10
Well, nuts to him, then. People never have problems with religious satire until their own religion is "attacked".
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2006-03-13, 2:57 PM #11
God damnit.....Chef owned. However, major points lost for Isaac Hayes in my book. Pansy
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2006-03-13, 2:58 PM #12
I personally thought the Scientology episode was great. Shame after 10 seasons of bashing Jews, Christians, Muslims, and every other possible thing that now he states they drew the line.

I thought from the title it was going to be about the Bloody Virgin Mary episode, but I guess not.

I don't think South Park will really die here. Chef wasn't as dominate a figure as he used to be in the early seasons. The early ones he sang almost every single time he was in the show.

Personally, I think the show has shifted and is not dependent on him. They should just kill him off and change it (Like how Mr. Garrison is a female now).

I'll miss those Chocalate Salty balls... :(
2006-03-13, 3:18 PM #13
Originally posted by Demon_Nightmare:
t (Like how Mr. Garrison is a female now).

WHAT!?!?!?! :eek: :eek: :confused:
Code:
  do her}
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-03-13, 3:50 PM #14
Originally posted by Ruthven:
WHAT!?!?!?! :eek: :eek: :confused:

Yeah, you didn't know he had the operation, and that his balls were used as knees when Kyle became tall and black so he could play basketball?
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-03-13, 4:25 PM #15
From the first post I thought he had died.
2006-03-13, 4:28 PM #16
It really sucks because it seems like had he just said, "guys, I don't feel comfortable with this part making fun of scientology, so can we just scrap this episode?" they probably would have done it. But now they are going to be at eachothers throats after how long being partners? Sucks :(
2006-03-13, 5:15 PM #17
I don't even care for South Park but that episode was hilarious.
2006-03-13, 5:22 PM #18
Originally posted by Ruthven:
he's a scientologist?

When will people learn!

Yeah, whatever, goodbye chef, have fun with your dumbass religion.

hahah and Ruthven wins with the best response! :D :D :D

scientology isnt a religion its some weird cult...they are like the crab people! Lol
2006-03-13, 5:57 PM #19
Originally posted by BoricuaDelight:
hahah and Ruthven wins with the best response! :D :D :D

scientology isnt a religion its some weird cult...they are like the crab people! Lol

I am still unclear the definitions of an occult and a religion then...

:rolleyes:

Everyone knows that there is only ont kind of religion...

[http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/9066/orily7ry.jpg]

Hallowed are the Ori!

(kyle90 made it)
2006-03-13, 7:14 PM #20
Yeah, well **** Isaac Hayes and **** the poorly written science fiction story he calls a religion.
2006-03-13, 8:06 PM #21
Originally posted by Brian:
It really sucks because it seems like had he just said, "guys, I don't feel comfortable with this part making fun of scientology, so can we just scrap this episode?" they probably would have done it. But now they are going to be at eachothers throats after how long being partners? Sucks :(
To be totally honest, I don't think Isaac Hayes had a problem with the episode until his cult masters/false gods/dark lords ordered him to quit. Considering the production time of animated shows you can be pretty well guaranteed that Hayes had read the script a very long time ago.

The Scientologists aren't people. They would have known about the episode before it was made, but they didn't do anything about it because they wanted someone to sue later. It's their only joy in life.
2006-03-14, 6:12 AM #22
Originally posted by Anovis:
[http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/9066/orily7ry.jpg]

Hallowed are the Ori!

(kyle90 made it)

HHAHAHA LMAO
Code:
  do her}
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-03-14, 6:14 AM #23
Chef rocked

(For a moment I thought his actor had died though, luckily it wasn't so)
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-03-14, 10:35 AM #24
Originally posted by Muffinman:
What a hypocrite. South Park has been doing this to other religions for years, but now that it hits him personally, he cant take it.

well said.

I like that south park makes fun of EVERYTHING. It, like the daily show, makes everyone realise that you can be critical of any view, and you don't have to look far to find something to be critical of.

↑ Up to the top!