Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Matricks
The Matricks
2006-03-14, 3:46 PM #1
The Matricks

since im not really looking for critiques as it's been submitted to my high school's film festival, i thought i would post it here instead of showcase... because really, barely anyone visits that forum anymore.

this is the CENSORED version(i might get around to rendering the uncensored some other time), and therefore not as funny as the orignal (especially the very end scene) basically every time someone says "dangit", "crap", "woman" or "forget you" just imagine that they are saying the much funnier swear word.

also, yes its very low quality because i had to get a 35 minute video down to less than 25MB.
2006-03-14, 3:55 PM #2
Well done, look good so far :)
Flying over there some were...
2006-03-14, 3:57 PM #3
Yeah, so far, it's funny as hell

The only thing I didn't like is how long to opening credits took.

But still, very good
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-03-14, 4:01 PM #4
"hi lol a/s/l"

LOL! :D

That's about as far as I've got so far. :p

Edit: Snowthrower..hahahaha...:D
woot!
2006-03-14, 4:04 PM #5
'nothing, it just excites me'

<3
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-03-14, 4:41 PM #6
58? Someone sucks at Spank the Monkey :p
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-03-14, 4:42 PM #7
thanks guys, and yeah, petmc20, i probably got a little too nice with letting everyone have their names in the opening credits, but i really like that code animation. haha, soo...
2006-03-14, 5:07 PM #8
you looked like you enjoyed dancing to the numa numa song FAR too much ;)

very good laugh.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2006-03-14, 5:10 PM #9
Parts are funny, parts I don't get. Why did Morpheus throw up? Why was Neo getting all upset when the rabbit kept getting urn over?
2006-03-14, 5:13 PM #10
because smith was humping on him for hours about 5 minutes prior to that scene.. hence the "you have no idea what that man is capable of"

and about the bunny.. neo's basically the equivalent an autistic child. if a kid sees a bunny get hit by a car he's gonna start crying. plus he was told by trinity to follow it, but instead it gets driven over.
2006-03-14, 5:14 PM #11
[QUOTE=James Bond]you looked like you enjoyed dancing to the numa numa song FAR too much ;)

very good laugh.[/QUOTE]
i couldn't help but see Val Kilmer when he did it...
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-03-14, 5:17 PM #12
Originally posted by Cazor:
because smith was humping on him for hours about 5 minutes prior to that scene.. hence the "you have no idea what that man is capable of"

and about the bunny.. neo's basically the equivalent an autistic child. if a kid sees a bunny get hit by a car he's gonna start crying. plus he was told by trinity to follow it, but instead it gets driven over.

It sounded like he was refering to Neo, though...

Anyway, good job, it does need some cutting though, but I guess you know that.
2006-03-14, 6:13 PM #13
Hm. It was pretty good.

There were parts I liked, but the dodgeball-ish thing was sorta boring...

I didn't understand why Morpheous threw up, either.
2006-03-14, 6:19 PM #14
Morpheus was pretty funny. "of course. I rock."

When they all walk in on smith dancing on morpheus. That was pretty funny too.

A lot of segments were really drawn out... Like the dodgeball thing. That lasted about 5 times longer than it needed to.
>>untie shoes
2006-03-14, 6:25 PM #15
I don't know why, but the first time I started laughing was when the guy starts flinging cereal all over while they're talking about morpheus...

I hate you for making me laugh right after I get my wisdom teeth out.
2006-03-14, 6:31 PM #16
i found it funny at the start, but after he took the pill, things just got.. weird..

So i closed it :(
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-03-14, 6:34 PM #17
watch it all ruth. dont let your repressed homosexual urges steer you away from the truth!!

haha, good, murc. im glad someone thought that was funny.
2006-03-14, 6:46 PM #18
Originally posted by Cazor:
watch it all ruth. dont let my awful games design/directing kills steer you away from the truth!!

HA!

(ok, i'll watch it aaaalll)

funniest bits was the playground and the pills.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-03-14, 7:14 PM #19
AT LEAST I RELEASE STUFF!!

wait, nevermind.
2006-03-14, 7:15 PM #20
I don't know how to explain this, so I'll do the best I can.

All of your jokes had a very funny set-up, but the problem with comedy on low budget films is it's hard to get the right audio/acting/camera quality needed to make a joke a real knee slapper. Instead of "AHAHAHA" a lot of the jokes kind of fell flatter.

I'm not trying to bash the film. I think it came out really good, and it was funny. I was just saying how that with better acting/film/editing/sound/everything jokes seem to be more funny in films.

Not sure if you got what I was trying to say, it's hard to explain. Either way, great job on the movie. It kept me entertained enough to watch the entire thing.
Think while it's still legal.
2006-03-14, 7:33 PM #21
It was quite good. Not wonderful, but quite good. I must confess I was fairly bored for the majority of those 35 minutes. That really is far too long for a no-budget movie and, as Bill pointed out, some of the shots could have been cut down substantially. I've already commented on segements of the film before, and since you said it has already been submitted to a film festival, I won't go into detailed critiques.

I hate to sound like I'm bashing, but I just feel this movie could have been so much more. I appreciate that an enormous ammount of work must have gone into it, but I think sometimes making spoofs of established movies is a bad idea, mainly because that's a lot to live up to. Maybe go for a more original premise? The credits were really cool though. Anyway, I know how hard it is to make a movie. Maybe I'll post mine later, albeit not completely edited.
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2006-03-14, 8:08 PM #22
The part that made me -really- laugh was when mouse said his comment about the cereal.
2006-03-14, 8:33 PM #23
Personally, I liked the other Matricks film you made. I thought the actor for Neo in this one was a bit... boring. I also thought Jory in the old movie was a whole lot funnier in the spank the monkey scene. :p
DO NOT WANT.
2006-03-14, 8:45 PM #24
yeah, well he was impossible to work with. thats why it didnt get past two scenes the first time.
2006-03-15, 1:31 PM #25
Is there another place to get at it, I was about 25 mins in and accidentaly clicked sometihng. Putfile doesn't let you scroll to a place, and therefore you ahve to watch it all again. I can't be bothered sitting through it.
nope.
2006-03-15, 2:14 PM #26
I started watching it and then realized I had things I had to do with those 35 minutes.

Plus, the only person who looks like their suit actually fits them is you.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2006-03-16, 6:01 PM #27
VOLUME CONTROL

Please

Other than that, nicely done.
A computer's worst nightmare:

HazTeam Website-=HT=
2006-03-16, 7:32 PM #28
Heh, that was pretty good. I was watching then was like "This better not have that damned white rabbit thing", but....it did. Anyways, any possible way of getting a hi-res copy anytime soon?
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol

↑ Up to the top!