Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I need help.
I need help.
2006-03-14, 4:09 PM #1
No, not that way.

I need help with a homework assignment that may stump even you guys.
Basically, I was assigned an assignment to where I'm supposed to contact somebody, and persuade them to do something.

Heres the catch. Each member of the class was assigned something, and someone to persuade. Want to know what I was assigned?

Chairs. Chairs in freaking school settings. I immediately came up with something, was how hard the chairs in school are, and how they hurt my back after sitting in them for a day.

But, that is the only reason I can think of, are there any studies, or any reasons you can think of why they would need to change the regular hard chairs for softer chairs?
2006-03-14, 4:10 PM #2
More reliance on fibers that are man made and less reliance on raw materials.
>>untie shoes
2006-03-14, 4:19 PM #3
Lets be honest here. If your simply trying to convince them that you need softer chairs in your school, I don't think your going to need a lot of empirical evidence. Unless of course its required for the assignment. In that case, I can't help you.
Life is beautiful.
2006-03-14, 4:20 PM #4
[QUOTE=Rogue Leader]Lets be honest here. If your simply trying to convince them that you need softer chairs in your school, I don't think your going to need a lot of empirical evidence. Unless of course its required for the assignment. In that case, I can't help you.[/QUOTE]

My teacher didn't specify, so I guess it can be both.
2006-03-14, 4:23 PM #5
Then again, soft chairs can be easily vandilized with your average pencil.

I would know :p
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-03-14, 4:42 PM #6
I'm going to advocate the opposite. Soft comfy chairs will mean that you will fall asleep in class. This is bad.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-03-14, 4:55 PM #7
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
I'm going to advocate the opposite. Soft comfy chairs will mean that you will fall asleep in class. This is bad.

I fall asleep in either type. :p
Life is beautiful.
2006-03-14, 5:10 PM #8
we slouch/hunch, simply as that.

although some chairs are more comfortable than others, if we actually sat properly we'd probably be ok.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots

↑ Up to the top!