Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Man dressed as Jedi arrested for breaking into own house.
Man dressed as Jedi arrested for breaking into own house.
2006-03-18, 3:03 AM #1
The Sun is there ;)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006120785,00.html
2006-03-18, 6:44 AM #2
Stupid f'ing cops, made a mistake and rather than say "Oh we're sorry" and swallow their pride, they show their arrogance and say it's his fault for breaking into his own home.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2006-03-18, 7:04 AM #3
I agree with THRAWN, except on the stupid fing cops part. THRAWN is far stupider, and never fing.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-18, 7:08 AM #4
and never fing! oh man... i'm not going to stop laughing until tomorrow.
2006-03-18, 7:08 AM #5
Originally posted by JediKirby:
I agree with THRAWN, except on the stupid fing cops part. THRAWN is far stupider, and never fing.

LMAO!
woot!
2006-03-18, 7:09 AM #6

stupid bobbies, thats why we call em' the 'filth

funny story tho.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-03-18, 7:10 AM #7
If anyone would read the story, it sounds reasonable:

Quote:
Pub manager Glen was then locked up for 13 hours on suspicion of criminal damage in Barnstaple, Devon.

He was released with a caution early yesterday after his landlady Rosemary Facey refused to press charges.

It wasn't his house - he was renting. He was released after the landlady didn't press charges.
woot!
2006-03-18, 10:42 AM #8
Pfft. Some Jedi. I can't believe he didn't use the old mind trick. Any half-wit padawan with a very low midi-chlorian count knows how to use it.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-03-18, 11:11 AM #9
Originally posted by SavageX378:
midi-chlorian

What's that? Some kind of new sound format? :em321:
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2006-03-18, 11:23 AM #10
Originally posted by JLee:
It wasn't his house - he was renting. He was released after the landlady didn't press charges.

And there's the key. Of course, he could have knocked on his land lady's door and asked to be let in. It all could have been settled on site before the cops took him down to jail to if the land lady had said she didn't want to press charges at the scene. Then again, maybe she wanted him to sit in jail for a few hours so he understood that vandalizing someone else's property isn't ok. Don't jump all over the cops' asses when there isn't enough information in the story to actually make an informed decision about whether the cops overreacted.

I think I'm going to become a cop in whatever town THRAWN lives in just so I can **** with him on a daily basis.
Pissed Off?
2006-03-18, 2:07 PM #11
So he was so embarrassed that he couldn't wait for his landlady to let him in? Well if I dressed up as a Jedi, I might be. And I don't see that the cops did anything wrong.
Historians are the most powerful and dangerous members of any society. They must be watched carefully... They can spoil everything. - Nikita Khrushchev.
Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god. - Jean Rostand.
2006-03-18, 4:54 PM #12
Originally posted by Avenger:
And there's the key. Of course, he could have knocked on his land lady's door and asked to be let in. It all could have been settled on site before the cops took him down to jail to if the land lady had said she didn't want to press charges at the scene. Then again, maybe she wanted him to sit in jail for a few hours so he understood that vandalizing someone else's property isn't ok. Don't jump all over the cops' asses when there isn't enough information in the story to actually make an informed decision about whether the cops overreacted.

I think I'm going to become a cop in whatever town THRAWN lives in just so I can **** with him on a daily basis.

The one thing you're missing is that he probably rents a house and not a flat/apartment. My landlady lives about 3 miles away, so it's not just a case of banging on her door and having her let us in :o
2006-03-18, 5:10 PM #13
Yeah, that's true.
Pissed Off?
2006-03-18, 5:29 PM #14
Originally posted by JediKirby:

That was awesome.
2006-03-18, 7:32 PM #15
Originally posted by THRAWN:
Stupid f'ing cops, made a mistake and rather than say "Oh we're sorry" and swallow their pride, they show their arrogance and say it's his fault for breaking into his own home.

You're absolutely right:
"...Devon and Cornwall Police said: “He committed an offence as the damaged property didn’t belong to him. He was issued with a caution.”..."

Any judge would throw out that charge because it's not ligitimate. For all intent an purposes, the property IS his. Just because you're only renting a property doesn't mean you don't have rights to it. Tennants actually have a lot of power when it comes to saying what can and can not be done to the property. They even have the right to sublease it to a 3rd party if they want.
"The solution is simple."
2006-03-18, 8:05 PM #16
As a tennat, you have no right to damage the property because it belongs to someone else.
Pissed Off?
2006-03-18, 8:21 PM #17
OHLY CRPA
2006-03-18, 8:30 PM #18
**** the man.. man..

Just man.. I hate the maaan.... He's all.. "I'M THE MAN AND YOU'RE NOT SO BEND OVER"... and then I'm all.. like "HEY MAAAN LET ME SMOKE OUT OF MY HOOKAH IN PEACE MAAAAN!!!"
2006-03-18, 8:52 PM #19
Originally posted by Rob:
**** the man.. man..

Just man.. I hate the maaan.... He's all.. "I'M THE MAN AND YOU'RE NOT SO BEND OVER"... and then I'm all.. like "HEY MAAAN LET ME SMOKE OUT OF MY HOOKAH IN PEACE MAAAAN!!!"

Word. Man. Can I stand straight up again yet?
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-19, 9:58 AM #20
Originally posted by CaptBevvil:
Tennants actually have a lot of power when it comes to saying what can and can not be done to the property. They even have the right to sublease it to a 3rd party if they want.

It depends on what's contained in the lease that is drawn up by the landlord and signed on moving in.
nope.
2006-03-19, 12:07 PM #21
As a tennat, you have no right to damage the property because it belongs to someone else.

Define 'damage'. I would consider silly jedi costumes on my rented property to decrease the value of that land in the first place! :mad:
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-03-19, 12:10 PM #22
Originally posted by Baconfish:
It depends on what's contained in the lease that is drawn up by the landlord and signed on moving in.

I doubt breaking windows is in the agreement. :p
woot!
2006-03-19, 8:10 PM #23
ya cops can be yelllerbellies at times
I <3 Massassi
2006-03-19, 8:14 PM #24
Originally posted by Jdogg0403:
ya cops can be yelllerbellies at times

Read much?
woot!
2006-03-20, 10:34 AM #25
Originally posted by JLee:
I doubt breaking windows is in the agreement. :p

I was meaning the lease determined whether or not the tenant techniqually owned the property.
nope.
2006-03-20, 1:37 PM #26

Sure you do, as long as you intend to repair or replace anything that you damage.

As a tennant, I could decide I didn't like the yard because of weeds and whatnot. I could then completely dig up the entire yard and then replace it with new sheets of grass.

Sama goes for this case. I'm sure he had every intention of repairing the window (and I'm sure he did).

The cops messed up. It's as simple as that.

Baconfish, yeah...to an extent you're right. There are, however, a LOT of leases out there that violate the general rights of Tennants. Just because it's in an agreement, doesn't make it legally binding. Especially, if it violates a General Law provided by the Legislature.
2006-03-20, 2:29 PM #27
Wait hold everything.... Has this guy ever heard of a key? or a door?
2006-03-20, 2:40 PM #28
Either the party was close enough that he didn't need to take his keys, or he's one of these weird people that keep their house key on a different keychain from their car keys. In either case, he apparently "locked them inside." So, he was locked out and decided to use his saber prop to bust the window and get inside.
2006-03-20, 2:45 PM #29
"Star Wars nut Glen, 25, had been to a fancy dress party — but forgot his keys."
2006-03-20, 3:13 PM #30
Originally posted by CaptBevvil:
Sure you do, as long as you intend to repair or replace anything that you damage.

As a tennant, I could decide I didn't like the yard because of weeds and whatnot. I could then completely dig up the entire yard and then replace it with new sheets of grass.

Sama goes for this case. I'm sure he had every intention of repairing the window (and I'm sure he did).

The cops messed up. It's as simple as that.

Baconfish, yeah...to an extent you're right. There are, however, a LOT of leases out there that violate the general rights of Tennants. Just because it's in an agreement, doesn't make it legally binding. Especially, if it violates a General Law provided by the Legislature.

I still disagree. The officers did not know whether his intent was malicious or not. After contacting the landlady, he was released.
woot!

↑ Up to the top!