Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → KOTOR puzzle help
KOTOR puzzle help
2006-03-18, 10:45 AM #1
I decided to play through KOTOR again (I really should get part II, but I digress...).

Anyway, I'm on Tatooine, with the poor guy in the droid-trap set by his wife. I can get all the puzzles but one, the one with the number sequence:

* 4 * 14 * 11 - 14 * 31 - 14 * 13 - 21 - 14 *

I'm supposed to come up with the next two sets in the sequence.

What's going on with this sequence???
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-03-18, 10:46 AM #2
Don't get Kotor 2, it sucks.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-03-18, 10:53 AM #3
Don't listen to Jepman, he sucks. KotOR2 is a great game.

:p

Anyway, according to this guide, it's '31-13-12-14 * 23-41-12-14'. I always used the automatic repair option, so... :o
2006-03-18, 11:04 AM #4
KOTOR 2 was actuall a pretty good game, but don't expect it to be better than the original. Gamefaq's is what i used in KOTOR II to get passed those dreadful Korriban puzzles.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2006-03-18, 11:12 AM #5
I know what the answer is, I want to know how they got it!
2006-03-18, 11:14 AM #6
Ok, I elaborate :

Kotor 2 had some good elements. The influence you had on your companions were great, and some of them, like Visa and the Handmaiden were awesome comrades. Sadly, the game had aweful bugs, very very crappy AI, the first 2 parts of the game, Peragus station and Telos were long winded and very boring. It took a while before you finally got your lightsaber, and this game lacked in dark jedi enemies. You sliced and diced a lot of people, but there were not nearly enough Jedi on jedi action.

The character faces were aweful. The only decent face was that of the bearded Jedi. Dark side traits started showing WAY too early in the game did look nearly as neat as they did in Kotor 1.

Now, with all that said, they were minor. Kotor2's true fault was its butchered storyline. It was decent at start, got great once you finally found out who you had been and who your old witch of a companion really is, but once it becomes good, its over within minutes. A lot of side-stories are just left loose (Godo and the zabrak's remote anyone?) and that female bounty hunter. Then boom, stories over and you're looking at the worste ending cutscene in gaming history.

Anyways this thread is not about K2, its about this puzzle. I'll shush now.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-03-18, 11:26 AM #7
Originally posted by Chewbubba:
I know what the answer is, I want to know how they got it!

So read the guide I linked :p
Quote:
4 * 14 * 11-14 * 31-14 * 13-21-14 * ..?.. * ..?..

Now, look at the first two segments: 4 and 14. Okay, the first one is ONE
number 4. Look at 14: 1 number 4. So, look at the third one: 11-14. That
corresponds to the previous segment (14), which has ONE number 1 and ONE
number 4. Can you guess the pattern yet? Okay, what does 11-14 have? It
consists of THREE number 1s, and ONE number 4, so the next segment should
be 31-14. Got it now? Okay, skip to the last given segment: 13-21-14.
This has THREE number 1s, ONE number 2, ONE number 3, ONE number 4, so the
first missing segment is 31-12-13-14. Repeat for the final one: how many
of each number are there? FOUR number 1s, ONE number 2, TWO number 3s, and
ONE number 4. So, the only answer that fits is 31-13-12-14 * 23-41-12-14.

Quote:
Then boom, stories over and you're looking at the worste ending cutscene in gaming history.

Hehe, you never finished NWN, did you?
2006-03-18, 11:53 AM #8
AHA!

I never would have figured that out in a million years. Well, ok, maybe in a million years, but you know what I mean.

I didn't look at the guide you mentioned because I had already bookmarked a guide on Gamespot, and I assumed they were pretty much the same. Goes to show what happens when you assume...
2006-03-18, 12:45 PM #9
Aren't you some 8th grade algebra teacher or something? I just found this thread ironic is all :p
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-18, 1:20 PM #10
I don't teach algebra anymore (I have in the past, but for me math=boring, and I couldn't make it fun/interesting for the kiddos), I only teach science.

Regardless, I was still stumped. :p
2006-03-18, 1:23 PM #11
Well then why didn't you make them all play a FF game, or maybe WoW? That'd be interesting :P

Well...aside from the enormous cost.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-18, 1:33 PM #12
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
Well then why didn't you make them all play a FF game, or maybe WoW? That'd be interesting :P

Well...aside from the enormous cost.

huh?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-03-18, 4:02 PM #13
He said he could not find a way to make it interesting. I jokingly said that he should have made them play WoW or some FF game with a lot of in-depth stats to keep track of, and before they would attack or something calculate the damage manually.
I had a blog. It sucked.

↑ Up to the top!