Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Good News!
Good News!
2004-06-13, 10:16 PM #1
I've had an external hard drive enclosure sitting around for months. Basically, when I got my new computer, I copied all my stuff from my old home directory, but I accidentally deleted it all (including the new massassi admin scripts) a while ago. Anyway, I thought I had a copy, and after some struggling, I got the stuff off the drive. So now I'm back in business, I should have these finished up in no time.

------------------
EvilMagic.net: Brian's Web Log
2004-06-13, 10:53 PM #2
<? echo "Excellent"; ?>

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-06-14, 2:38 AM #3
Hurry up the forums suck. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
<Outlaw_Torn> you mean your related to that damned sasquatch, Mech?
<MechWarrior> Lets just say the part of the family tree that does fork has bossy the goat in it.

<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
2004-06-14, 3:22 AM #4
lies! they don't suck, they're 'special'

------------------
<S51> Give a man a sandwich and you'll feed him for an hour, teach him to make a sandwich and he'll get pissed, hit you and tell you to make him another sandwich.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-06-14, 4:07 AM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Brian:
...and after some struggling, I got the stuff off the drive.</font>

What, did you forget how to mount a USB storage device? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-06-14, 5:17 AM #6
Eww. I'm not too sure if I want to toouch Massassi any more.

Hehe... that's great.

/me kicks the old site and watches dust cascade down poetically.

------------------
[ Massassiism ] [ Cynicism ] [ Fanaticism ]
Sell your soul for a cookie?
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-06-14, 8:48 AM #7
"Excellent" [/Burns]

------------------
nytfyre m0d || f33l t3h p0w3r || t3h l0st c0gz || OMF > *
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-06-14, 8:51 AM #8
No, I have 3 drives floating around and I didn't know which it was [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif] Then, I struggled to get the drive to fit in the enclosure (the damn enclosure is too small!). Then, I ran out of USB slots (I guess I need a USB hub?). Then, I couldn't mount the drive, I kept getting errors. I knew it wasn't on /dev/sda1 because that was originally "/" on my old linux installation. I had /home on a separate, BIG, partition. So it was /dev/sda3 because /dev/sda2 was swap space. I struggled to find that out because I didn't know how to view partition information.

After finding fdisk -l it showed me the partitions, but NOT the filesystem types! So every time I tried to mount it, it would error out. After trying every one, it turned out I couldn't even mount /dev/sda3 by itself anyway. So I mounted /dev/sda1 (which happened to be ext3) and it in turn mounted the /dev/sda3 (which is Odd, I didn't think that would happen). And then I got everything from it.

I actually have another external drive (not an enclosure but an actual drive) that I use for backups now, and I didn't have any problems with it, because I knew the filesystem type ahead of time.

Ah well, now I know [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
2004-06-14, 2:22 PM #9
<burnsvoice>excellent!</burnsvoice>

------------------
Weird Shi** Happens.
Light And Darkness
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2004-06-14, 3:38 PM #10
Good news, it's a suppository!

------------------
"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be." -Janis Joplin
2004-06-14, 3:40 PM #11
Major w00tage

------------------
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-06-14, 4:19 PM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MechWarrior:
Hurry up the forums suck. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

</font>

That woulda been fixed a friggin year ago if it were not for delay and changes of taste ..

------------------
Sigs are for n00bs.

[1337 FRNDS_Pommy | 3.14 of 14 | ยป And-GTx2]
Half-Life 2 Central - your definitive source for everything HL2!
一个大西瓜
2004-06-15, 9:08 AM #13
I thought there was a technical issue? If we have a post/user/forum importer, why don't we try it out?

------------------
2004-06-15, 9:10 AM #14
we had some temporary new forums up for quite a while that worked fine, all it needed was someone to run the importers.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-06-15, 10:13 AM #15
well... WTF

------------------
2004-06-15, 4:44 PM #16
ROFL!

------------------
Ya know ive noticed that turning into a grown up just means you have more power to change your body into crap.
Light And Darkness|Remnant Temple Part A|A work in progress
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2004-06-15, 4:49 PM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vincent Valentine:
Good news, it's a suppository!

</font>

That quote is the first thing that came to my mind, too.

------------------
Because you're as bored as I am
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-06-15, 5:15 PM #18
yippee...!

------------------

"Bantha's are filthy animals.......I don't eat filthy animals."

"Laugh it up Fuzzball!"
-Han Solo

↑ Up to the top!