Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I'm the worst singer on planet Earth.
I'm the worst singer on planet Earth.
2006-03-19, 12:22 PM #1
God, I just tried singing with headphones on, so I wouldn't be able to hear myself, and just now listened to the .mp3. It's so bloody awful it's funny. I have seriously NEVER EVER heard ANYONE sing worse than me.

I'll post the .mp3 if you want. I'm a bad, bad, BAD singer.
幻術
2006-03-19, 12:24 PM #2
poor sexy Koobs

yes post the mp3, make us feel better about ourselves :p
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-03-19, 12:40 PM #3
http://intuitive-ds.preventio.hu/personal/OHMYGOD.mp3

This turned out so bad I laughed to tears the first time I heard it. But it's hard to take. Like a form of some extremely perverse torture. Agh.

The song's actually Voltaire's "Ex Lover's Lover". Terribly raped.
幻術
2006-03-19, 12:44 PM #4

wtf, are u british?

My ears are wet, with all the spitting into the microphone.

and yeh, ... ugh.... that's ... bad :p

Stick to your day job. :banned:
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-03-19, 12:50 PM #5
No, not exactly British. Grew up on Cyprus, though.

http://intuitive-ds.preventio.hu/personal/WTF.mp3

Just a sample of how my NORMAL voice sounds like. No singing.

Em, slight language warning I guess.
幻術
2006-03-19, 1:12 PM #6
oh crap...

good luck with your singing career buddy. :D
2006-03-19, 1:29 PM #7
It's not actually the kind of painful bad that I had expected. It's much more hilarious bad. :p
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2006-03-19, 1:32 PM #8
[QUOTE=Michael MacFarlane]It's not actually the kind of painful bad that I had expected. It's much more hilarious bad. :p[/QUOTE]

No, no, it was painful. :D

You actually could be a rapper, though, and it wouldn't sound too bad. Stay away from the singing.
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
2006-03-19, 2:28 PM #9
No, don't stay away from singing. Just take some voice lessons!

You sound like a squeeky, drunken rabbit. :p

Actually you sound like George Harrison without singing lessons. :)
2006-03-19, 3:26 PM #10
no one sings well with their headphones on. They can't hear themseleves so they can't tell if they're in tune!
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2006-03-19, 3:30 PM #11
Originally posted by sugarless5:
no one sings well with their headphones on. They can't hear themseleves so they can't tell if they're in tune!

You're not supposed to listen to yourself when you sing...
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-03-19, 3:35 PM #12
yeah you are. I mean not primarily but you have to be able to hear yourself
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2006-03-19, 3:38 PM #13
A trick for singing with headphones:

Usually someone who has trouble singing on pitch with headphones is because the sound is too direct and "dry." You're used to hearing yourself sing in a room. Cut out the bass in your mic signal and put on some reverb, just enough to simulate a small room (or maybe even a bathroom or concert hall if you wish). It might help.
2006-03-19, 3:48 PM #14
Koobie, do you know that I am an instrumental hip-hop producer? Well, it's true. And do you know what instrumental hip-hop producers do?

We make songs with hilarious, obscure samples.

Connect the dots. :p
2006-03-19, 3:55 PM #15
OK, first off, while you can't sing from the stuff I heard, I wasn't cringing or anything. I'm quite sure there's worse out there anyway. Try not to speak/sing directly into the mic though -- your breath hitting the mic is what makes those sounds.

If I have headphones on and want to sing vaguely in key, I usually "unhook" one side off, and then sometimes I put my hand where the non-headphone ear is.

Yeah, I've recorded myself singing too... >_>
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-03-19, 3:56 PM #16
lol, Koobie, you should learn German secretly, that way when your girlfriend talks under her breath when you piss her off or when you think she is talking behind your back on the phone you can understand her :p
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-03-19, 3:58 PM #17
Originally posted by Gebohq:
OK, first off, while you can't sing from the stuff I heard, I wasn't cringing or anything. I'm quite sure there's worse out there anyway. Try not to speak/sing directly into the mic though -- your breath hitting the mic is what makes those sounds.

If I have headphones on and want to sing vaguely in key, I usually "unhook" one side off, and then sometimes I put my hand where the non-headphone ear is.

Yeah, I've recorded myself singing too... >_>

I've only heard Flirb sing >.>
2006-03-19, 4:03 PM #18
Well nobody on Massassi is hearing anything from me until I get un-lazy and get the files needed to save in .mp3 format. Until then, I'll have to subject people over IM and other live means :p

EDIT: And apparently un-stupid. Trying to do it on my own screwed up my mic-stuff, even after doing a system restore. It still records, but GRRR!
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-03-19, 4:09 PM #19
Contrary to popular belief, anyone can learn to sing, if you put real effort into it.
2006-03-19, 4:15 PM #20
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]Contrary to popular belief, anyone can learn to sing, if you put real effort into it.[/QUOTE]

(I didn't think it was too bad)
2006-03-19, 4:22 PM #21
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]Contrary to popular belief, anyone can learn to sing, if you put real effort into it.[/QUOTE]

In fact, the WORST natural singers can be just as resonant, powerful, and capable of range as great natural singers. Perhaps moreso.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-03-19, 4:35 PM #22
You can only work on your voice so much, but it's possibe to improve. Also, knowing what your limits are and not going too far beyond them helps too. Finally, a voice will sound better with music than with out in most cases.
Pissed Off?
2006-03-19, 4:50 PM #23
Don't worry Koobie, I believe I am the worse. Then again I have never sang since elementary school or so.
2006-03-19, 5:51 PM #24
Originally posted by Cloud:
Don't worry Koobie, I believe I am the worse. Then again I have never sang since elementary school or so.

So when you sing..it's a CloudSong? :p

So we stole YOUR ****ing cloudsong in elementary school.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-20, 5:52 AM #25
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
']Koobie, do you know that I am an instrumental hip-hop producer? Well, it's true. And do you know what instrumental hip-hop producers do?

We make songs with hilarious, obscure samples.

Connect the dots. :p

well yeah. i guess, thats y hip-hop sux so much (instrumental),

nah, i luv it. grew up on teh streets. aight.
(+im black)
Pie.
2006-03-20, 6:00 AM #26
Originally posted by Nitropenguin:
(+im black)

ZOMG RET! :banned:

Auf Wiedersehen!
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-03-20, 6:19 AM #27
Koobie, that was hilarious! You are brave for posting it!
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-03-20, 1:18 PM #28
Your voice isn't too bad... but it's fun.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2006-03-20, 6:37 PM #29
You are lucky you have that accent. It's easy to listen to if you were on the radio or something.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-03-22, 6:37 PM #30
damn man
||||||||||||||||||||
2006-03-23, 9:23 AM #31
:eek: :eek:AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE KILL ME PLEASE!! MY EARS ARE FALLING OFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!! MY BROIN IS GPOING TO EXPLODE!!! YOU ABSOLUTLEY SUCK A SINGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :em321: :p :p :p
I regret to inform you...

Time2Die!
2006-03-23, 9:33 AM #32
I think you misspelled "groin".
幻術
2006-03-23, 1:29 PM #33
He also misspelled "at".
nope.

↑ Up to the top!