Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Post your wicked desserts
Post your wicked desserts
2006-03-19, 11:31 PM #1
Alrighty, here's the deal:

This girl I'm seeing just had her car totalled when a friend ran it into someone. The car was actually on loan from her parents, who were counting on getting it back shortly. On top of this, she has a major assignment and a presentation to do in the next 2 days. Sufficed to say, she's really stressed.

She told me about all this, and I felt like I had to do something to help. So I've promised her a first class meal to look forward to, then I'm taking her to a movie she wants to see. I have the main course planned, but I'm not sure what to do for dessert.

This is where you come in, Massassians. Rave about your favourite dessert dishes, and share the recipes if you have them. I'll choose the sweetest, most scrumptious sounding one to make in a couple days (though I'm sure it will be a painfully close contest :) ).
2006-03-19, 11:40 PM #2
Oh wait.... =\
Attachment: 11071/algerie_017.jpg (11,457 bytes)
2006-03-19, 11:42 PM #3
My mom makes this amazing thing occasionally, made from chocolate mint ice cream, chocolate sauce, crushed oreos, whipped cream, and maybe some other stuff. It's all frozen and in layers in a pan... not exactly sure about any specifics though.
2006-03-20, 12:12 AM #4
5 scoops double or triple chocolate ice cream, 2 chocolate mouse desert tubs, 3 tablespoons Milo (powdered hot chocolate type stuff), and 1 very long squirt of whipped cream from a can.

We call it 'heart attack in a bowl'.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-03-20, 1:36 AM #5
Ah, but what does the main course of this first class meal consist of? The mood of the dessert must always flow with the prior supper, like the dancing of graceful skaters on ice. Remember, it's always nice to serve "clashing tastes." Not complete opposite dishes that don't go together, but instead compliment eachother with succulent variety. :D

That being the case, I must recomend Armenian Shakarishee(nice, delicate cookies) drizzled lightly in melted chocolate, with a side of candied tangerine peels. Assuming you can pull this off (which I have no doubt you can as long as plenty of care goes into preparation), your lady friend should be quite happy. ;)

-Delphian

[edit]That might just be my best post ever. :rolleyes: [/edit]
2006-03-20, 5:32 AM #6
Cherry Cheesecake
Pissed Off?
2006-03-20, 8:25 AM #7
I'm not much of a cook; macaroni and cheese is pretty much my area of expertise... that said, if you melt chocolate, peanut butter, and pretty much anything else you can think of that's sweet (corn syrup, maple syrup, brown sugar, etc.) together and then mix in a bunch of rice crispies, it's great.

For desserts, you'd really have to talk to my mom or sister. They made some tiramisu the other night... oh god, so good.
Stuff
2006-03-20, 8:28 AM #8
Homemade Cherry Cheesecake
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-03-20, 10:38 AM #9
Originally posted by SiliconC:
Oh wait.... =\

"I hope you like SAND." (any Salad Fingers fans in the house?)

Originally posted by Delphian:
Ah, but what does the main course of this first class meal consist of? The mood of the dessert must always flow with the prior supper, like the dancing of graceful skaters on ice. Remember, it's always nice to serve "clashing tastes." Not complete opposite dishes that don't go together, but instead compliment eachother with succulent variety.

That being the case, I must recomend Armenian Shakarishee(nice, delicate cookies) drizzled lightly in melted chocolate, with a side of candied tangerine peels. Assuming you can pull this off (which I have no doubt you can as long as plenty of care goes into preparation), your lady friend should be quite happy.

The main course is a chicken and rice bake recipe of her mother's that I got a hold of. I'm thinking something light and cool will compliment it well, and that looks like it might just do the trick. Thanks!

I do still have a while before I have to undertake all this, so keep those succulent dishes coming!
2006-03-20, 10:43 AM #10
Coca Cola Cake from cracker barrel.

Aside from that I really couldn't tell you but the thing with the mint chocolate chip and the oreos sounds amazing.

I'm also a big fan of Boston Creme cake/pie

[edit] way to post right before me [/edit]
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2006-03-20, 11:07 AM #11
I don't know if it'll fit with the main course, but an apple crumble is always great.

Basically, grab one of those deep circular casserole dishes, then take 2 to 3 cooking apples, peel them and slice the apples into quarters, before slicing the quarters across the breadth to make little slices. Cover the apples in a layer of sugar. Then in a seperate bowl take 1 part margerine/butter to 2 parts plain flower. Rub the ingredients together in a bowl with only your fingertips until completely mixed into a crumbly texture. Take another 1 part sugar and mix it into the crumble, this is the topping. After that pour the topping over the apples, even it out to the side, but dont pat it down. Place in the oven on a medium/high heat for an hour - 1.5 hours and later serve warm with custard.

Enjoy!

Mmmmm, I might go make an apple crumble now actually. Me mouth be watering. :p
nope.
2006-03-20, 11:12 AM #12
[http://www.wendyscheesecake.com/image/4382031.jpeg]
Cheesecake is awesome.
2006-03-20, 12:43 PM #13
Jep needs to reveal his recipe.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2006-03-20, 1:00 PM #14
I'm a big fan of fresh fruit. Go with mangoes, papaya, and watermelon.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2006-03-20, 1:09 PM #15
Grilled peanut butter and jelly with ice cream on it.
2006-03-20, 1:14 PM #16
Originally posted by sugarless5:
Coca Cola Cake from cracker barrel.

Aside from that I really couldn't tell you but the thing with the mint chocolate chip and the oreos sounds amazing.

I'm also a big fan of Boston Creme cake/pie

[edit] way to post right before me [/edit]

i didn't know cracker barrel made pastries. i love their cheeses.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2006-03-20, 1:17 PM #17
Oh, and:
[http://70.86.201.113/imageserv2/temporary/PBF066ADLost.jpg]
2006-03-20, 1:20 PM #18
Originally posted by Seb:
i didn't know cracker barrel made pastries. i love their cheeses.

Well you have to order it in the restaurant part, not the store part, but yeah, it's some amazing chocolatey fudgey goodness.
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2006-03-20, 1:24 PM #19
Trifle is quite excellent, especially with a hint of sherry and several layers of Bird's Eye Custard. YUM!
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2006-03-20, 1:36 PM #20
[http://reallifecomics.com/index.php?do_command=show_strip&strip_id=1630&auth=00000-00000-11111-00000-00000]
"*quickly adds in disclaimer that Is may still yet end up being slapped with a white glove, as all women are crazy and there are no rules*" --mavispoo
2006-03-20, 2:32 PM #21
Originally posted by Daft_Vader:
Trifle is quite excellent, especially with a hint of sherry and several layers of Bird's Eye Custard. YUM!

I agree! I'd just need to find a big enough dish to make it in...

↑ Up to the top!