Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Pontiac Sunfire vs Police
Pontiac Sunfire vs Police
2006-03-20, 7:05 PM #1
Quote:
Pontiac Sunfire Vs Dearborn Police, as requested.

Okay, to make a long story short. A friend of mine from LA had his motor built and installed here in Detroit by Miller Performance. When the car was done he flew out here to get it and drive it back to LA. The very first night he had the car done we took it out for some late night cruising on Telegraph with a few other cars in J-BOM. While we were out there a other friend got in a small fender bender to we had to call the police to report it. After the cop came out and took down all the info he needed he started looking at our cars and noticing some of our mods. When he saw the Sunfire with California plates he was really curious what all was done to it and why he was in town, so my buddy told the cop what all he had done. After that the cop told us all to "get out there and find some races". My friend with the Sunfire jokingly said "i'll race you", to our amazement the cop said "okay, lets run em!". What the cop didn't know is that we had a video camera

Bad video but at least we got it on film. Since it was his first time EVER racing from a dead dig with the new motor and he was on some ****ty RSA all season tires we spun all threw 1st and 2nd, lol.

http://uploads.kzoorice.com/videos/Sunfire_vs_DearbornPolice.avi

BTW at the end someone uses the "F" word.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2006-03-20, 7:09 PM #2
Not every day you get a cop to drag race you :p
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-03-20, 7:20 PM #3
crazy, i'm guessing the guy won?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-03-20, 7:30 PM #4
:eek:

Heh..that's so illegal, yet incredibly awesome at the same time. :D
woot!
2006-03-20, 7:38 PM #5
Glad to see my tax money is well spent.
2006-03-20, 7:42 PM #6
Nice!

I wish we had some of those cops around here...
2006-03-20, 8:21 PM #7
I was born in Dearborn :|
2006-03-20, 9:06 PM #8
awesome. props to the cop for not being a dick
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2006-03-20, 9:46 PM #9
The thought of somebody spending money on a Sunfire makes me laugh.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2006-03-21, 2:55 AM #10
i race on telegraph...!!!!

i've never been pulled over on that road either...

thats awesome, michigan represent
2006-03-21, 8:04 AM #11
Ugh, ricing up a Sunfire... You might as well take a dump on your hand. It's more rewarding.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-03-21, 8:23 AM #12
That would have been cool if the cop agreed just so he could arrest them in the act.
2006-03-21, 11:03 AM #13
money: I'm fairly sure that's entrapment (the cop was indicating he wouldn't mind if they did it. Had he not, they wouldn't have done it, at least not in front of him).

2006-03-21, 7:27 PM #14
Originally posted by Crimson:
The thought of somebody spending money on a Sunfire makes me laugh.

Light weight car, toss in a V8, got some power. I want to buy an 88 Fiero GT and put in an LS2 engine. That's my fantasy. My reality is just getting the 88 Fiero GT.
2006-03-21, 9:48 PM #15
Originally posted by THRAWN:
Light weight car, toss in a V8, got some power. I want to buy an 88 Fiero GT and put in an LS2 engine. That's my fantasy. My reality is just getting the 88 Fiero GT.

I'll laugh when it catches fire and blows up on you.
Current Maps | Newest Map
2006-03-22, 9:08 PM #16
[QUOTE=Blood Asp]I'll laugh when it catches fire and blows up on you.[/QUOTE]

1.) People have already been doing it without problems. People been doing V8 Fiero swaps since the late 80s.

2.) You won't know if it catches on fire and blows up on me cause you won't hear from me again and a number of factors could do that. ;)

↑ Up to the top!