Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I need help from a bored computer expert
I need help from a bored computer expert
2004-06-15, 12:10 PM #1
I want to know which laptop is the most state of the art from these two sites, but I can't understand most of what they are saying when it comes to the spec. I just want to know which is the best overall for gaming (not including price). So things like a DVD burner I don't need. You get the drift.

Site 1
Site 2

Thank you.

The reason I ask this is because I want to move into housing on campus at my college. The biggest issue is me not having a computer. So my dad and I figured we could buy a laptop that I can use at college for my games, notes, assignments, projects, etc.

------------------
The sooner you realize I'm right the better off you will be.

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited June 15, 2004).]
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-06-15, 12:35 PM #2
Laptops are generally not the best for games IMO. For notes/word processing/web surfing, it should cut it fine, but i find it incredibly difficult to play games on a laptop.

However, given the choices available, I would go with the PCL 565 from site 1 b/c it has a radeon.

Besides, you could buy a comp for cheap on e-bay, strip it clean to get the obsolete parts out, and then upgrade the hell out of it to make a decent gaming comp.

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.
2004-06-15, 12:39 PM #3
Best Laptop for gaming: Area 51-m

From those sites:
Grr.. Dell won't let me check out the specs without registering, and i'm too lazy, so i'll just tell you the best from the PClaptops site: the PCL 897 is the best for gaming, but that's jsut my opinion.

------------------
"No good can ever come from staying with normal people"
-Outlaw Star
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
-DX:IW
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²[/i]
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2004-06-16, 2:03 AM #4
Yuck, alienwares are incredible ripoffs.
2004-06-16, 3:56 AM #5
Games can be kick-*** on laptops. Mobile fun!

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

--------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%

↑ Up to the top!