Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So I was playing Metroid Prime earlier...
So I was playing Metroid Prime earlier...
2006-03-21, 5:32 PM #1
When I realized: DAMN, this would be the perfect movie. I mean PERFECT, if they added in some real story to it. I, for one, would like to hear more about that Adam guy in Fusion. But before I posted this thread, I decided to check to make sure there wasn't one in the making.

I hope this movie turns out awesome. I hope it does SO. BADLY. I haven't read up on it yet, but I hope the special effects turn out well, especially with the morph ball.

I also think Jewel Staite would be a perfect Samus. But that's just me...

So discuss games that could make good movies, or Metroid or something.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-21, 5:35 PM #2
except Samus wouldn't, y'know talk

thus defeating having Jewel do it, cept her face would save the daaaaaaay
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-03-21, 5:43 PM #3
Samus talks...well she does in the SNES version. Albeit without a voice.
D E A T H
2006-03-21, 5:45 PM #4
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Samus talks...well she does in the SNES version. Albeit without a voice.[/QUOTE]
And in Fusion. She yells at the computer, telling it it's wrong and stuff. I've never beat it though...so I don't really know the details. I'm stuck on SA-X.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-21, 5:47 PM #5
Samus only talks when she's telling the story to you, the audience, she does it in Fusion, Zero Mission, and Super Metroid

most of the time her on-screen text is her thinking, and that was mostly Fusion

she does have a voice actress though for those lovely 'UUFH's
Free Jin!
2006-03-21, 5:48 PM #6
In Metroid Prime she goes "uhh" and "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhh"

P.S. Hunters is amazing.
Think while it's still legal.
2006-03-21, 5:49 PM #7
Originally posted by genk:
Samus only talks when she's telling the story to you, the audience, she does it in Fusion, Zero Mission, and Super Metroid

most of the time her on-screen text is her thinking, and that was mostly Fusion

she does have a voice actress though for those lovely 'UUFH's

Uh, no. She TALKS in Fusion. For about 6 lines near the end, right after Ridley I believe.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-21, 5:49 PM #8
Yes, I know that, I said MOST of her on-screen text is thinking, not all

right after ridley, in the navroom, and to tell Adam to open the door
Free Jin!
2006-03-21, 7:28 PM #9
Max Payne
2006-03-21, 7:58 PM #10
Hal- I mean... er.. never mind.

Max Payne, huh? Not a bad idea. But it'd have to be mostly black and white.

Anyway, I must say this film sounds like a pretty slick deal. I never really played the games very much, (hell, I hardly use Samus in Super Smash Brothers. (Starfox!)) but the whole idea of one of these game-inspired films coming from an HK studio interests me. Personally, I've had my fill of vapid hollywood-made video game movies. Let's hope it's done right...

and includes judo. Ippon, fool.
2006-03-21, 8:01 PM #11
max payne movie
dont worry, the writer of both games is working on it.
2006-03-21, 8:11 PM #12
You'll get to see a Hunter: The Reckoning film that year too.

Yay?
2006-03-21, 8:41 PM #13
Did I mention Metroid Prime: Hunters was amazing?
Think while it's still legal.
2006-03-22, 1:39 PM #14
I don't have much faith for this one.

I don't have much faith for any game turned movie.

Silent Hill being the exception, I'll probably not see it scince Horror isn't my thing but it looks like it will at least be decent as a movie.

Super Metroid was awesome, but I didn't like Prime. For one reason: you can't look up with out using the lockon
“Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.” -G.K. Chesterton
2006-03-22, 2:08 PM #15
Word has it that Jerry Bruckheimer will begin production on "Tetris: Death-Blocks over Dresden" early next year.
2006-03-22, 2:12 PM #16
Too bad PJ isn't doing Halo anymore, they got someone else...
Free Jin!
2006-03-22, 2:18 PM #17
What? Nooooooooooooooo!

God, and to think what could have been. Well, there's one more briefly entertaining but ultimately forgettable one-liner-filled, 110% action, -10% plot video game film to look forward to. ... yay.
2006-03-22, 6:34 PM #18
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
And in Fusion. She yells at the computer, telling it it's wrong and stuff. I've never beat it though...so I don't really know the details. I'm stuck on SA-X.

Get on the ground, with it across from you (as far away as possible, but as long as you're not touching, it's ok). This isn't that hard because when you land, it usually lands, too. You have to spin jump/screw attack towards it (generally OVER it) without touching it, b/c whenever you screw attack into each other (or even bump into each other) YOU take the damage, and it's quite a bit. So, spin jump over it. It will also spin jump, once you take off, to catch you, so just do one or two spins, with the goal of landing behind it (ala where it was before you jumped). At this point, it will almost unfailingly land, also, in order to shoot you, and it usually lands right where you took off from. Basically you swith places, and if you time it right (and it's not that hard after a few tries) you can do it without taking any damage. Then, of course, once you've both landed, it will turn and shoot you, so your goal should be to get off the first shot and immediately transition into another spin jump, the opposite of your first. During these jumps, you need to be holding down 'B', btw, in order to charge your shot, b/c (I'm pretty sure) the uncharged shot does no damage, and missiles require you to hold down more buttons, which can affect your movement ability.

Formula = Spin Jump while charging, then Land and Turn and Fire As Fast as Possible, then Spin Jump while charging... etc etc.

After a few times, it's possible to do this without taking any hits. However, if you land too close to the SA-X, when you try to do your spin jump, you'll bump into each other and you will take damage.

(I'm bored and feeling the need to be overly helpful, hence the long-windedness)

------------

After you hit it... I'd say about 10 times with the charged shot, it will morph into some giant slobbering monster... which is extremely easy to kill. It just does an arcing jump and tries to land on you, but it's a bit slow, so just move as soon as it jumps, and then turn and fire (at where you were just standing, basically) once it lands. It only takes about 5 hits.

------------

Unfortunately, then it changes into the large Core x, you know, the gear-looking thing. This is one of the ones that float around until a little port opens and it fires at you. And, as you know, you can only give damage by hitting that port. Soooo... just jump around, avoid it, pick up the stray floating X if you can, and hit that port... it's actually the hardest part IMO, because it's shots do a shazbot-load of damage... it's annoying as hell to get that far and then die.

Annnnnnd after that you fight the Omega Metroid, which isn't that hard. Just run up and shoot at an angle to the upper right as many times as you can (single shots DO do damage) into its torso/stomach until it's about to swipe you, then run back. Lather, Rinse, repeate.
2006-03-22, 6:37 PM #19
from that last save point to the end is an easy 4 minutes for me :O

i've played that game tooooo much
1:27 is my best straight through time
Free Jin!
2006-03-22, 6:39 PM #20
Tetris would make an awesome film.
2006-03-22, 6:47 PM #21
Originally posted by genk:
from that last save point to the end is an easy 4 minutes for me :O

i've played that game tooooo much
1:27 is my best straight through time

You just got it that low so you could get the more revealing pictures of Samus. Naughty.
2006-03-22, 6:47 PM #22
>.> that happens under 2 hours anyways
Free Jin!

↑ Up to the top!