Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Famous people you e-mailed (and got a reply back)
Famous people you e-mailed (and got a reply back)
2006-03-21, 7:00 PM #1
I e-mailed:

Alan Spencer (Creater of TV show Sledge Hammer, sent him a copy of my Sledge Hammer PC game, he like it.)

Gabe Newell (Creator of Valve and major funder of Half-Life series, responded right away, asked if he HL: E1 was going to have HDR, he said yes.)

Scott Adams (Creator of Dilbert Comic Strip, got a reply saing he wasn't the Scott Adams I was thinking of, the Text Adventure game maker.)

Scott Adams (Creator of famous Text Adventures, asked him for a hitn about a part I was stuck on.)

So what famous people have you e-mailed AND got a reply from?
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2006-03-21, 7:04 PM #2
I sent a friend request to my favourite band, apocalyptica, they HAVE to say yes.

er, but no, never emailed anyone important.

Famous peep have no time for Ruthven :(
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-03-21, 7:05 PM #3
I emailed Terry Goodkind and got a reply back with Phantom's release date and a 'thank you for reading and enjoying my way too long series'.

Also emailed adam on Mythbusters with a suggestion, and he said that it was illegal. You're gonna have to guess what it was.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-03-21, 7:09 PM #4
I emailed Victor Wooten a long time ago, asking about the gauges of strings that he used. He emailed back. But that was a long time ago.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-03-21, 7:15 PM #5
sweet another Apocalyptica fan.

as for e-mailing famous people, I have never e-mailed anyone who is famous.
“Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.” -G.K. Chesterton
2006-03-21, 7:25 PM #6
Well, I'm working on a Discworld d20 splatbook with some folks and the leader (who I know... eh... better than some of you... fairly well) sent an email to Terry Pratchett.
I've emailed Jess Nevins twice. He's not really all that famous, but he has two published books and is friends with Alan Moore and Kevin O'Neill, and that ain't bad.

-I once emailed God and he said no. Guess what I asked.
2006-03-21, 7:27 PM #7
Well, I once e-mailed Ben Bova (sci-fi author) and got a reply back. That's about it.

That whole business with the Pope doesn't count because he never answered. What a jerk.
Stuff
2006-03-21, 7:27 PM #8
I tried the pope, no reply :gbk:
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-03-21, 7:45 PM #9
I e-mailed the Pope once. under the alias Abdul Crishtankiler. He didn't take kindly to that e-mail.

Will someone please help me? They've got 14.4k dial up in Hell...I miss the satellite internet of my old home.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-21, 7:47 PM #10
chris juergensen, jazz guitarist and director of one of tokyo's music school. still keep in touch with him, he's always got great tips for me :D
"NAILFACE" - spe
2006-03-21, 7:52 PM #11
I e-mailed Kurt Vonnegut, and haven't got a reply yet. Actually, I e-mailed his lawyer, considering he doesn't make his address or e-mail public, so you have to go through his lawyer. Annoying.

I sent it about 2 weeks ago, so I'm not TOO worried yet.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-21, 8:01 PM #12
Kirby, i know a bunch of people who have run into Vonnegut numerous times. Probably cause they live near him
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-03-21, 8:02 PM #13
I've snail-mailed Dean Koontz a couple times, he always answers.

I snail-mailed John Walsh back in high-school and got him to donate two autographed copies of his book to the school library.
2006-03-21, 8:06 PM #14
I e-mailed Bill Amend, the creator of the comic Foxtrot. I asked him to join my nation, but he said it was his policy not to endorse things that fans sent him...
2006-03-21, 8:20 PM #15
Originally posted by MBeggar:
Kirby, i know a bunch of people who have run into Vonnegut numerous times. Probably cause they live near him

Hook me up. He's my favorite author... even if he's stupidly liberal.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-21, 8:35 PM #16
I used to correspond, via postal mail, with Bruce Coville.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-03-21, 8:40 PM #17
Yay Bruce Coville!
2006-03-21, 9:10 PM #18
Um, I used to correspond frequently (about editing) with Mike Gummelt, one of the programmers at Raven for JO/JA.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-03-21, 9:12 PM #19
I emailed God and he told me the secret of the universe.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-03-21, 9:14 PM #20
MC Frontalot

(although now I'm on his secret forums on which I talk to him regularly so whatevs)
2006-03-21, 10:55 PM #21
I sent an e-mail to dave newhart, founder of swampboats inc.
His business isn't corporate yet, but it will be.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2006-03-21, 10:58 PM #22
Well...

Also, I had some annoying debate with a game magazine columnist via email once, he suddenly stopped replying and I posted "HEY MAN WHY WON'T YOU REPLY" so that was the end of that story :p
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-03-21, 11:00 PM #23
I emailed Ryan Adams a few times. He usually responds back with something marginally related to what I was talking about. He's done a lot of drugs.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2006-03-22, 4:43 AM #24
hmm, got a reply back from Terry Pratchett once.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-03-22, 6:00 AM #25
Flaming Tsunamis and Noel Edmonds.
2006-03-22, 2:46 PM #26
I barley recgonized any of the names in this thread... either I'm just not "with the times" or you guys have a loose definition of famous, hah
2006-03-22, 6:12 PM #27
You aren't even enarly with the times. The times are beyond you. You are completely outdated in thought and action. We are so advanced culturaly compared to you that we look upon you with wistfullness and say to one another, "remember back in the old days when it everything was slow and simple and black and white?"
You know nothing of time.

-You read People.
2006-03-22, 7:37 PM #28
Originally posted by Freelancer:
I emailed God and he told me the secret of the universe.

Yeah, we know. 42
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-22, 8:28 PM #29
lmao I know im gonna get crap for this but o well

I wrote (online, although it wasnt an email) to Mark Davis

Erm he's in the hall of fame for erm...um...adult movies? lol (dunno how to put it delicately)

But he's actually a nice guy...doesnt hurt that he's hot and wow, other great attributes :em321: :D :o :cool:
2006-03-22, 8:34 PM #30
I've e-mailed Al Franken, Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly. No replies from any of them.

In fact, I haven't emailed anyone famous really and gotten a reply.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2006-03-22, 11:59 PM #31
David Browse. In fact, interviewed him!

↑ Up to the top!