Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Oblivion Help Thread *spoilers*
Oblivion Help Thread *spoilers*
2006-03-22, 1:06 PM #1
I decided to make a new thread for Oblivion help so the spoilers don't infiltrate other threads. Post anything you need help with here, but please still keep spoiler tags.

For those of you who have reached The Monk Jauffre after getting out of the sewers, and have then gone to retrieve the king's son , how exactly do you open the gates in Oblivion? It's been bugging the hell out of me and I've been wasting time (and health) trying to figure it out.
D E A T H
2006-03-22, 1:33 PM #2
As far as I know, you cannot open the gates in Oblivion. There is a pathway through the mountains, crowded with scamps. You need to get into the large towers. Hope you have some restoration spells or healing potions. :) I just sealed the gate, myself.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-03-22, 1:43 PM #3
Weird. But I'm all out of potions for now...so I'm going to have to be careful.
D E A T H
2006-03-22, 1:45 PM #4
Try and keep the Kvatch guard near you if you didn't send him back out. He'll help you. Otherwise, only your combat skills and/or stealth skills can save you now.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-03-22, 2:01 PM #5
He jumped into the lava. ****ing loser AI pathing.
D E A T H
2006-03-22, 2:45 PM #6
I accidentally killed him with a stray fireball. I had no problem sealing the gates though. There are a couple blood fountains inside the tower that will heal your health. As well as several essence fountains that will refill your magicka if needed. All in all, it's very easy. I did the whole thing using a bow only, besides that one stray fireball.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2006-03-22, 2:45 PM #7
YOU ALL SUCK.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;

↑ Up to the top!