Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → New Zelda: DS announced!
New Zelda: DS announced!
2006-03-23, 1:06 PM #1
Announced at a Nintendo keynote speech today

http://ds.ign.com/articles/697/697930p1.html

and

Trailer: http://media.ds.ign.com/media/694/694756/vids_1.html

Looks like it could be awesome. I liked the Wind Waker style, and its nice to see the DS keeping the style *Despite so many hating it*. They kept sailing, but who knows how much it will play a part in it
2006-03-23, 1:09 PM #2
I saw this a bit earlier and it looks amazing. I already know a bunch of people are going to start trashing the wind waker style and then start trashing wind waker, so I'll leave this thread by just saying it looks awesome.
Think while it's still legal.
2006-03-23, 1:09 PM #3
This reminds me of ALttP, which is still my favorite. Awesome.
D E A T H
2006-03-23, 1:11 PM #4
Phantom hourglass?

wow, awful name.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-03-23, 1:13 PM #5
It reminds me of when the title "The Phantom Menace" came out . :p

Though, really - Zelda titles (as in their names) have never been too great. Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, The Minish Cap, The Adventure of Link, etc.

The game is where it counts!
2006-03-23, 1:52 PM #6
It looks like this will be more puzzle based than exploration based but I'm sure it'll be fun, none the less.
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-03-23, 1:57 PM #7
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]I saw this a bit earlier and it looks amazing. I already know a bunch of people are going to start trashing the wind waker style and then start trashing wind waker, so I'll leave this thread by just saying it looks awesome.[/QUOTE]

Anyone who trashes wind waker hasnt played wind waker.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-03-23, 2:29 PM #8
While I liked Wind Waker, I do wish they had attempted a different style. We'll see how it plays though.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-03-23, 2:29 PM #9
I think though, that if they are continuing the WW story line, then they have to keep the WW style.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-03-23, 3:10 PM #10
I loved wind wakers graphics. Art > photorealism. In my opinion anyway. Besides, windwakers combat was awesome.

o.0
2006-03-23, 6:46 PM #11
Zelda DS was the FIRST THING in my mind when I heard about the DS. Honestly...so many different ways to go with that.

Needless to say, I am excited.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-23, 7:13 PM #12
OH look, I'm the party pooper.

WW was an ok game, but was utterly stupid looking.

This looks OK, but I don't know if I like the touch-screen stuff. That gimmick hasn't done any good on any game I've played on it so far. The 3D link bugs me, and feels a tad artificial. The cartoony look, of course, I hate. 8bit link ftw.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-23, 7:23 PM #13
Anyone that says Wind Waker was 'stupid looking' needs to get shot, drowned, and urinated on. As for the DS touch screen being a gimmic. Pshaw. There are so many great games out by now for the DS, many of which use the touch screen for awesome things.
Think while it's still legal.
2006-03-23, 8:17 PM #14
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]Anyone that says Wind Waker was 'stupid looking' needs to get shot, drowned, and urinated on. As for the DS touch screen being a gimmic. Pshaw. There are so many great games out by now for the DS, many of which use the touch screen for awesome things.[/QUOTE]

I thought you were leaving this thread.
2006-03-23, 8:18 PM #15
Wow, there's so much "OMG MY OPINION IS BETTER THAN YOURS" in this thread it's not even funny.

As far as WW goes--didn't like the look...I don't think Cel shading is the way to go for Zelda. That's just me though. But I absolutely hated Wind Waker, regardless of the graphics.
D E A T H
2006-03-23, 9:15 PM #16
That game looks really cool. Like very Zelda advertisement, it makes me with I owned a nintendo product that allowed me to play them.
2006-03-23, 9:23 PM #17
  • Windwaker has a unique graphics style (part of Nintendo's ongoing Revolution, which includes the DS and Revo controler) that I think looks good. It definately doesn't detract from the game. All the same, I'm looking forward to Twilight Princess.
  • Windwaker is a great game, the only thing that is could use is faster sailing.
  • Phantom Hourglass appears to allow sailing to be automated, fixing my above problem nicely.
  • Phantom Hourglass will be MINE when it is released.
  • Fast mirror for trailer: http://72.29.76.3/~dsrev/media/Videos/Zelda:%20Phantom%20Hourglass/ZELDADS_640.wmv

↑ Up to the top!