Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Ever wondered how F.E.A.R.'s A.I worked?
Ever wondered how F.E.A.R.'s A.I worked?
2006-03-23, 2:56 PM #1
http://pc.ign.com/articles/697/697891p1.html

That's interesting as hell!
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-03-23, 3:20 PM #2
Quote:
Monolith gave an example where Alma, the creepy girl in F.E.A.R wanted to satiate her hunger. She had the option to eat a cherry pie or a pizza. Eating the pizza required two things, a telephone and the telephone number for a delivery place. Eating the pie, however, required her to bake, a process that included eight things, six more than eating pizza. Therefore, Alma would opt for the cherry pie, since it's more efficient.

Do they have that backwards? How is doing something that requires more steps more efficient?
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2006-03-23, 3:29 PM #3
That's Monolith for you. Anyone remember the AI in NoLF and NoLF 2?
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-03-23, 4:05 PM #4
yah they lost me on the pie example, I'm guessing it might be a typo but it sounds like normal horror movie type monster logic to me.
“Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.” -G.K. Chesterton
2006-03-23, 4:25 PM #5
I so wish my computer would run F.E.A.R. well..

I played the demo, but it's pretty choppy, even on low settings. :(
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-03-23, 4:32 PM #6
Hehe, I love it when the leader tells a team to advance and since I'm pwning so much one or two of 'em will be like "No F***ing way!" Or If I come into a room shotty-a-blastin' they'll be like "OH S***!" before being ripped in two in slow motion. Yeah!
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;

↑ Up to the top!