Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Godfather: The Game
Godfather: The Game
2006-03-23, 8:45 PM #1
Anybody played it yet? I have the Xbox version. Its pretty cool, but Im hoping to get the 360 version.

I really have a hard time listening to the Don's voice. I dont know how in Gods name they thought it was even close.
2006-03-24, 4:19 AM #2
The videos I saw of it looked amazingly crappy, but it's been getting good reviews... :confused:
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-03-24, 7:56 AM #3
Yeah, the graphics rival something made 4 years ago, but the facial animation I heard is superb.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-03-24, 9:19 AM #4
The graphics look almost identical to Mafia and it plays like Mafia too, apparently.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2006-03-24, 9:23 AM #5
I havn't played Mafia yet, but the Godfather graphics are pretty dissappointing compared to the graphics we have out now. But I signed up for their newsletter, which is awesome (cleverly made it out to look like an old 1920's newspaper), and it seems like to me they rushed the end a bit.

Don and Sunny newsletter

Screenshot links on that page.

Also videos.
2006-03-24, 11:35 AM #6
The textures and models were a little disapointing on the Xbox and the PS2, the textures on mostly all the enviroments were rather muddy and blurry, the textures on many of the characters faces were also pretty blurry and muddy, on the Ps2 I can forgive it for that, not alot they can do about that part of it.

but the Xbox version should have been able to handle more higher poly characters and slightly better textures.

The facial animation and modeling however is quite well done and the mobface (screen where you create your mobster in a similar way to the Sims 2) the animation is fluid and kinda creepy at times when the character looks out at you :D I was impressed with the animations and facial detail for sure.

I've not first hand seen the PC version, but I expect the PC and 360 version will look alot nicer then the PS2 and Xbox.
The Gas Station
2006-03-24, 1:51 PM #7
Always thought this would make a horrible game, but after positive reviews (and being a fan of the movie and book), I caved in and bought it for the Xbox.

It's certainly far from a great game, but it treats the license with the respect it deserves which will be enough to please fans. My biggest disappointment is Michael Corleone in the game, Pacino wouldn't let EA use his face and voice (apparently because of the deal he made for the upcoming Scarface game) so we get a very generic looking and sounding Itallian-American portraying the second most important character in the film. Thankfully though, the rest of the characters are handled respectfully.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2006-03-24, 7:04 PM #8
Originally posted by TheJkWhoSaysNi:
The graphics look almost identical to Mafia and it plays like Mafia too, apparently.

Sold!
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-03-25, 2:16 AM #9
I played it on the PC, the game is fun for a while and nothing like Mafia.
2006-03-25, 12:22 PM #10
Positive reviews? I only seen scores of 7s so far, not all that high. Alot of people are calling it a poor man's GTA.

↑ Up to the top!