Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Wow. (Yes, the game.)
Wow. (Yes, the game.)
2006-03-24, 1:26 AM #1
This thread represented by the SA WoW Maelstrom guild, Family of Ythrl, Famiglia di Ythrl. Please leave the thread if this type of nerd talk scares you.

[http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/8097/wtf4qj.gif]

[http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/8590/brucelee2wr.jpg]

I rolled a character on Maelstrom, horde side, to roll with the Cult of Ythrl, which was one of the SA guilds on Maelstrom, that later merged with Famiglia Mariano, combined, became the super power of Famiglia Di Ythrl.

Other then that, not much. Just the standard raiding on the main character.

So yeah, we haven't had one of these threads for a long time. What has been going on with your WoW career?
Attachment: 11097/muffins.jpg (103,367 bytes)
2006-03-24, 3:31 AM #2
Quote:
Please leave the thread if this type of nerd talk scares you.

Ok. bye.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-03-24, 3:44 AM #3
60 Priest. Raiding MC every weekend, ZG a couple times a week, we run AQ20 but I dont go. Last weekend took out lucy (easy), then downed mag for the first time, gehennas for the first time, and then garr for the first time, all in one night. It was fun.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-03-24, 3:45 AM #4
I've been participating in the PTR contest lately so I have a couple of characters on the Level Contest server atm. My account isn't active however so I'm probably not eligible to win (not like it matters anyway since I don't have a level 25 yet). So far I have a level 20 dwarf rogue named brunix, a level 18 night elf druid named Ladre, a level 13 gnome mage named Jancy, and a level 13 human priest named Ella. I also had two characters on the Honor contest server but I deleted them because I kinda suck at PvP :p.

As for the regular test server, (thankfully the queue has finally died down. It was a freaking 6000+ line when it first came out! Took me 5 hours just to LOG ON!) I copied a bunch of premade 60s (yes, they allowed people to create level 60 chars from scratch, equiped with epic quality weapons and trinkets and the entire Tier 0 armor set) onto the server as well. I have a 60 priest, 60 druid, 60 shaman, and a 60 paladin. The premades were *supposed* to be for testing the Tier 0.5 armor quests but I only play my premade in PvP. Being able to 2 shot people with chain lightning with my shaman was pretty damn fun :D.

BTW... the Guild Wars Faction weekend beta has come out again this weekend. Since I doubt I'll win the level contest, I'm going to give WoW the finger and go play Guild Wars while the beta event is on.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-03-24, 3:52 AM #5
Oh yeah, PTR is awesome. I've been playing as a shaman and a rogue... so fun.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-03-24, 7:34 AM #6
I started WoW again... my hunter's 47 and mage my is 38. I don't think I'll ever get a 60.
2006-03-24, 9:18 AM #7
Almost 58 rogue, working on him like crazy, level 23 Druid, like him a lot, and a 23 mage, which I put on hold for a while.

All horde.
2006-03-24, 9:37 AM #8
Post the SA thread about this. I wanna see more.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-03-24, 10:10 AM #9
Getting to 60 ain't too hard - I have 3 of them on Uther :D. However, just a fair warning once you do get to 60. If you don't like to do 40 man raids or pvp the crap out of your character to rank 14, you're character is pretty much dead at 60. As they say, it's "Raid or quit". Because of that, I choose the latter a few months ago.
2006-03-24, 10:14 AM #10
Originally posted by SavageX378:
Getting to 60 ain't too hard - I have 3 of them on Uther :D. However, just a fair warning once you do get to 60. If you don't like to do 40 man raids or pvp the crap out of your character to rank 14, you're character is pretty much dead at 60. As they say, it's "Raid or quit". Because of that, I choose the latter a few months ago.

So you quit wow? Cuz my guys are on uther.
2006-03-24, 10:41 AM #11
I'm taking a break from WoW, but I have a mage on Maelstrom. Alliance, though...

Nice guild chat for a PVP-RP sever.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-03-24, 11:05 AM #12
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
Post the SA thread about this. I wanna see more.

It's not really a thread JG, or do you mean the guild thread?

Either way, http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1781411 the thread before the merger, and then the http://wow.twistedman.com/ Maelstrom Goon forums.
2006-03-24, 11:30 AM #13
The Serenity Now video and now the SA guild is tempting me to get WoW. NO BRANDON DON'T GIVE IN!
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-03-24, 11:58 AM #14
I'm raiding MC with my 60 hunter, tempted to just forget him and work on my warlock.

Warlocks > everything else.

CHAIN FEAR CHAIN DOT CHAIN OVERPOWERED LOLOL
A dream is beautiful because it remains a dream.
2006-03-24, 12:20 PM #15
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
The Serenity Now video and now the SA guild is tempting me to get WoW. NO BRANDON DON'T GIVE IN!

COME TO THE DARK SIDE.

You know you want to.
2006-03-24, 12:26 PM #16
Actually, I don't think you'd like it much Brandon.
D E A T H
2006-03-24, 12:56 PM #17
Originally posted by Gettleburger:
I'm raiding MC with my 60 hunter, tempted to just forget him and work on my warlock.

Warlocks > everything else.

CHAIN FEAR CHAIN DOT CHAIN OVERPOWERED LOLOL

Diminishing returns + Fear breaking often = You'll go insane.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-03-24, 1:01 PM #18
47 rogue, few other chars, dont play much anymore, i'm a bit bored of it.
2006-03-24, 1:15 PM #19
I have an EVE online trial, and it seems pretty good to me. It does look a bit overwhelming though. I'm STILL in the tutorial (almost done though, thankfully) and it seems fun, but seems like it'd take up WAY too much of my time. Anybody play it that can give me their opinion?

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-03-24, 4:03 PM #20
Originally posted by Anovis:
So you quit wow? Cuz my guys are on uther.

Yeah, I quit before patch 1.9 came out. What I left behind on Uther was a level 60 human paladin, level 60 night elf hunter, and a level 60 gnome rogue. I also had a 44 priest and a 38 mage there too but I moved them over to the muridan (or whatever it's called) when server transfers was available for Uther. All of them are alliance characters. The only horde characters I have is a level 40 tauren druid and a level 26 troll shaman on the Uldum server. I also have a level 7 undead warlock on bonechewer but I plan on deleting him if I ever renewed my subscription.
2006-03-24, 4:46 PM #21
I like how they've opened 10 new servers this week.

I wish I was exaggerating.
2006-03-24, 7:23 PM #22
So... playing WSG and the entire match dies. We can move around (though we can't see anyone else moving), but nobody can't cast or do anything for that matter, except chat. And then BAM server disconnect. Now I'm stuck at retrieving characters remembering one of the reasons I stopped playing in the first place.
2006-03-24, 10:24 PM #23
[QUOTE=Glyde Bane]I have an EVE online trial, and it seems pretty good to me. It does look a bit overwhelming though. I'm STILL in the tutorial (almost done though, thankfully) and it seems fun, but seems like it'd take up WAY too much of my time. Anybody play it that can give me their opinion?[/QUOTE]

the tutorial took me one day to complete.
2006-03-24, 10:28 PM #24
I finished the tutorial and am having quite a bit of fun fantasizing about the big ships haha.

Maybe I should get going on the storyline missions...

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-03-24, 11:43 PM #25
[QUOTE=Glyde Bane]I finished the tutorial and am having quite a bit of fun fantasizing about the big ships haha.

Maybe I should get going on the storyline missions...[/QUOTE]

I skipped the tutorial completely, going out into the universe completely blind. I like that, it gives you some of the best experiences ever. EVE was a good game, although it didn't have that staying factor like WoW has.

I think WoW was actually the only game I read up on before it came out (see the whining threads of Gonk and I complaining about the game not being out mid 2004.)

Also, this thread needs more WoW pics.
2006-03-27, 10:58 PM #26
I'm also in an SA guild. <Bee a Honey> is a splinter from <Goon Squad>. I have a character on your server but its alliance :( I love all the Goon drama on mael >:)

[http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/3241/kogakogakoga6lr.jpg]

My warrior, need a weapon and some pink boots and i'll be pretty set for DPS/PvP.

But ashkandi doesn't want to drop :(
2006-03-27, 11:03 PM #27
Been doing WSG all weekend, got 35k honor and I'm halfway to honored with Warsong. Woot.

But there's this effing twink guild in the 30's bracket on my server called Shatter. H8.
2006-03-27, 11:39 PM #28
Well, contest ends in 25 minutes. I was only able to get my druid to level 25. My rogue is level 22. With only two hours to spare at the time I gained level 25 with the druid, I figured that there is no way in HELL I was goning to level the rogue to 25 in less than 2 hours so I gave up. Hopefully (although doubtingly) I *could* win a slot if not enough people entered the contest. Then again, my account isn't even active so I probably won't win after all.

Anyway, the patch comes out tomorrow (yes, they announced it for once) so I guess I can't play WoW anymore unless I decided to renew my account :(. Guess it's back to Guild Wars, even though I'm sick of that game's PvE.

↑ Up to the top!