Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Cheapest way to get WiFi access at home?
Cheapest way to get WiFi access at home?
2006-03-24, 12:08 PM #1
I just want to play Nintendo DS games online. The Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector costs $40 though which is a tad insane. Are there any cheaper peripherals just for this purpose?

(btw, I'm happy with my wired router otherwise).
2006-03-24, 12:20 PM #2
Neighbors?
2006-03-24, 12:25 PM #3
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]Neighbors?[/QUOTE]
D E A T H
2006-03-24, 1:00 PM #4
There is a wireless connection somewhere around here, but it's password protected.
2006-03-24, 1:03 PM #5
you better leet up your haxor then :)
2006-03-25, 12:05 AM #6
Uh, to be packet sniffing and such, he would need wi-fi capabilities anyway. Unless we want to brute force a WEP encryption on a DS. :rolleyes: You could probably get some usb wireless device bridged with your lan connection, but I really don't know about prices of such things. :confused:
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2006-03-25, 1:43 AM #7
there is a USB device you can buy from nintendo. it comes with software that gives your DS a connection into your computer's broadband or better internet.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2006-03-25, 10:00 AM #8
Originally posted by alpha1:
there is a USB device you can buy from nintendo. it comes with software that gives your DS a connection into your computer's broadband or better internet.

Which he mentioned in his original post and he said it was too expensive.
D E A T H
2006-03-25, 10:11 AM #9
I just bought a USB connector for my DS, I love it. The USB connector on Nintendo.com was $30, but now it's $34.95. I can see how $40 seems like a lot, but it really isn't. It's so much easier than fishing around for an access point.
Think while it's still legal.
2006-03-25, 10:14 AM #10
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]I just bought a USB connector for my DS, I love it. The USB connector on Nintendo.com was $30, but now it's $34.95. I can see how $40 seems like a lot, but it really isn't. It's so much easier than fishing around for an access point.[/QUOTE]
No...it really IS a lot. You can get a wireless router for that much. $20 is much more reasonable. But Nintendo has never been known for the reasonable price of peripherals.
D E A T H
2006-03-25, 10:34 AM #11
You can't easily carry a wireless router in your DS box or some other little place and plug it into any XP computer you come across.

2006-03-25, 10:44 AM #12
[QUOTE=The Mega-ZZTer]You can't easily carry a wireless router in your DS box or some other little place and plug it into any XP computer you come across.[/QUOTE]
You can in a backpack...and it's not like they're much bigger than the original DS box as is. Besides that, he wants this for home, not for on the go. AND there's absolutely no security measures on that little usb stick iirc.
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!