Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → YouTube problem
YouTube problem
2006-03-25, 3:25 PM #1
For some reason, videos load really slow and constantly stop. Is anyone experiencing similar issues? It makes videos on there almost unwatchable unless I let every video preload for a while.

I have broadband and experience no issues on Google Video or elsewhere.

EDIT: It seems like peak times is when the site usually loads slowly. Perhaps it doesn't have enough bandwidth for high demand?
2006-03-25, 3:28 PM #2
well if you say google video works, obviously yourtube.com is oversolicited. and cant take it.

Edit: Exactly.
Pie.
2006-03-25, 3:29 PM #3
It's because people are too dumb to compress their videos before they upload them. :p

I have that problem too.
2006-03-25, 6:01 PM #4
I'm having it right now, it sucks.
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-03-25, 10:49 PM #5
I always let it preload

A problem I'm having is that evidently their search index is completely shot. Or something. Because I searched for something two days ago and got about 425 results, and searched w/ the exact same phrase yesterday and today (to finish watching a series of videos) and got 9 results, none of which were the one(s) I wanted. I thought that maybe youtube had deleted 416 videos because they were "inappropriate" ( :confused: ), but lo and behold, when I dug through my history and found one of the videos, IT WAS THERE! And so were all the other ones (they were all uploaded by the same user)!
一个大西瓜

↑ Up to the top!