Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Consider the Following:
Consider the Following:
2006-03-26, 7:06 PM #1
Reality is what we preceive, right? Let's skip that debate and just consider it true.

That means that the cast of your life really aren't people. They're individual experiences that are associated by abstract similarities.

Put it this way: When someone gets into an argument with me, or they let me down, or they effect me in some negative way, I don't associate THEM with the negative experience. The experience stands alone, and has a mild effect on the next 'episode' I have with that person. It's not that I don't hold grudges [I have, but try not to.] It's just that, even if I don't like someone, the individual experiences make themselves for me. I can hold a grudge against someone, but don't act that grudge out. It remains an emotion.

Am I just disattached? I don't see people as people, just similarities between different events in my day/life.

When you think of the reality is perception concept, things start to get surreal. Makes me consider the whole "Maybe this is all a dream?" thing.

[This is a discussion thread, not a debate thread. I'm not saying we can't debate, but I'm not trying to make any definite statements here. Just discussing the concepts.]

Oh, and I apologize to everyone who was expecting Bill Nye.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-26, 7:08 PM #2
Get back to reality, you ****ing hippie.
2006-03-26, 7:08 PM #3
No way maaaan.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-26, 7:10 PM #4
You could have used the time it took you to make that up to find a job you ****in bum!
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-03-26, 7:13 PM #5
It gets even better on the internet. All that anyone is is a series of ASCII characters. Well, as long as you stay out of the camhoez thread.
Stuff
2006-03-26, 7:14 PM #6
And then they're potential silverwear, throw rugs, hide-jackets, and still-warm-mates!
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-26, 7:14 PM #7
You see, Shintock was funny. You just tried to find an excuse to swear... :(

Kirby, you're just going insane. k?
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-03-26, 7:15 PM #8
I've never been sane. There's no way. I'm starting to honestly think I've got a double-negative OCD.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-26, 7:24 PM #9
Attachment: 11153/awesome.jpg (91,848 bytes)
Think while it's still legal.
2006-03-26, 7:27 PM #10
Is this the real life?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-03-26, 7:31 PM #11
No it's Serenity.

HAH. HAHA. Messed up your evil scheme, didn't I genks!? DIDN'T I?!

Oh, and Kirby, you're a midget. You're awesome because you're a midget with a jetpack wheel-chair. You're awesome because you're an badass motherfreaker midget with a jetpack wheel-chair who models a SPAS-12 and then shoots people in the kneecaps with one.

Kirby, you're too awesome to be insane.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-26, 7:34 PM #12
Read your sentance again. That literally defines insanity.

SOOOOO Back to discussing, maybe? Eh? Eh? Eh? Eh? Eh? Eh? Eh!? OK. [/peter griffin]
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-26, 7:40 PM #13
Originally posted by JediKirby:

Oh, and I apologize to everyone who was expecting Bill Nye.

Dammit.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-03-26, 7:42 PM #14
[QUOTE=Glyde Bane] You just tried to find an excuse to swear... :(

[/QUOTE]

f*** you!
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-03-26, 7:46 PM #15
Originally posted by petmc20:
f*** you!

Not funny.
2006-03-26, 7:49 PM #16
Originally posted by Shintock:
Not funny.

Yeah, funny? Funny how? Funny like a clown funny? Eh?
2006-03-26, 8:04 PM #17
>.>

<.<
2006-03-27, 1:04 AM #18
That is why I prefer the physics worldview to the philosophy one. Things are real.

Also, ever read 1984? I just read it and it messed me up good.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-03-27, 1:07 AM #19
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Read your sentance again. That literally defines insanity.

SOOOOO Back to discussing, maybe? Eh? Eh? Eh? Eh? Eh? Eh? Eh!? OK. [/peter griffin]

Pow! Right in the kisser! Pow! Right in the kisser! Pow! Right in the kisser! Pow! Right in the kisser! Pow! Right in the kisser! Pow! Right in the kisser! Pow! Right in the kisser! Pow! Right in the kisser! Pow! Right in the kisser! Pow! Right in the kisser!
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-03-27, 2:27 AM #20
What the hell does disattached mean.
2006-03-27, 3:54 AM #21
Originally posted by tofu:
What the hell does disattached mean.

To not be attached? :confused:
2006-03-27, 5:15 AM #22
Kirby has been watching the Matrix too much.
2006-03-27, 6:30 AM #23
"What the Bleep do we Know?"
Pie.
2006-03-27, 7:18 AM #24
Originally posted by SMOCK!:
That is why I prefer the physics worldview to the philosophy one. Things are real.

Are things real? Are electric fields real? Is energy real? Are they just useful mathematical devices, or do they really exist? And how do you even define what it means to 'really exist'? Is friction real? On what level? If you look at it on a microscopic level, there's only attractions and repulsions between protons and electrons. There's no seperate 'friction force' when you look that small. How does physics decide what's real?

If physics has a worldview, it's only because physics is actually a philosophy. And it isn't nearly as simple as 'x is real, y is not'.
2006-03-27, 7:28 AM #25
Originally posted by Vornskr:
Are things real? Are electric fields real? Is energy real? Are they just useful mathematical devices, or do they really exist? And how do you even define what it means to 'really exist'? Is friction real? On what level? If you look at it on a microscopic level, there's only attractions and repulsions between protons and electrons. There's no seperate 'friction force' when you look that small. How does physics decide what's real?

yup. Quantum Physics.
Pie.
2006-03-27, 8:07 AM #26
Give me M-theory or give me death.
Stuff
2006-03-27, 8:32 AM #27
Vornskr, I meant that physics is a philosophy that treats things as real and that's why I like it.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus

↑ Up to the top!