Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So funny that it needs to be revived
So funny that it needs to be revived
2006-03-28, 10:12 AM #1
Heck, I'm not even sure if this has been posted or not.

(HIGH LANGUAGE WARNING)
http://static.circa1984.com/the-big-scam.html

Even if you haven't played EVE Online, it's still very funny to read :D
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-03-28, 11:04 AM #2
Long but quite funny. :)
2006-03-28, 12:00 PM #3
Ahahahaahahahahahah...

Oh my god that was such a hillarious ending.

I can't believe I read that whole thing though, I wish he'd gotten the battleship.
Still scamming people like THAT is just... wrong.

Honestly, I felt the same way about WoW, that's why I stopped playing it.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2006-03-28, 12:07 PM #4
Reading it made me want to play EVE more than I already do, because I'm not far enough to witness real PVP and huge ships fireing missles at each other.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-03-28, 12:32 PM #5
Yeah, I remember reading that. I never played EVE, but it's still an awesome story.
幻術
2006-03-28, 3:17 PM #6
-downloads the eve trial-

I loved that story. Scaming stupid people is awesome fun.

o.0
2006-03-28, 3:30 PM #7
Jesus, that's awesome. Of course, if he was smart he would've created a full ident, with IM's and everything, and ripping off one of two people you talk to about the game probably wasn't the best idea, either. I wouldn't have given up after it though, I'd try to look for a scam even larger :p

A friend of mine set up a lotto system in another game (can't remember the name, official died in September, I think), and completely screwed the economy because newbs were given obscene amounts of credits and high-power equipment. Of course, he got filthy rich in the process, too... ;)
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-03-28, 4:34 PM #8
[QUOTE=Glyde Bane]Reading it made me want to play EVE more than I already do, because I'm not far enough to witness real PVP and huge ships fireing missles at each other.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm still useing a small feighter. The good news? I'm making lots of money.
2006-03-28, 6:09 PM #9
Yeah, I remember this one. Definitely quality.
"It is not advisable, James, to venture unsolicited opinions. You should spare yourself the embarrassing discovery of their exact value to your listener."
"Rationality is the recognition of the fact that nothing can alter the truth and nothing can take precedence over that act of perceiving it."
2006-03-28, 6:34 PM #10
Wow. How serious can someone be about fake money? That's rather silly.

I question the truth of this story. The thing seems shoddy.

A great read, though. Very well written. Pretty pathetic, how much time he wasted on the game, but hilarious, nontheless. I guess when MMOs suck like they do, the scamming life is the only way to feel accomplished.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-28, 7:35 PM #11
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Wow. How serious can someone be about fake money? That's rather silly.

I question the truth of this story. The thing seems shoddy.

A great read, though. Very well written. Pretty pathetic, how much time he wasted on the game, but hilarious, nontheless. I guess when MMOs suck like they do, the scamming life is the only way to feel accomplished.

EVE is awesome. But it's just too damn tedious for most players.
D E A T H
2006-03-29, 11:48 AM #12
Here's another great article about an Eve scam:

http://www.mmodig.com/?p=155

By the way, the article linked to in the first post is at least partially made up.

↑ Up to the top!