Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The best fight scene of all time
The best fight scene of all time
2006-03-28, 8:29 PM #1
Warning, this has some parts with some pretty disgusting blood and gouging out of visual apparati and some HORRIBLE one-liners. But it is clearly the best fight scene of all time.

http://videosift.com/story.php?id=846
2006-03-28, 8:33 PM #2
I haven't gotten to the end yet, but I had to post this

a little before halfway through (youtube sucks and has no timestamps, so I'm going to try to be as descriptive as possible) there's this part where the guy on the left arm bars the guy on the right's right arm with his left arm and then while holding onto it hits the guy on the right several times in the chest with his arm relatively straight

This is right before he picks the knife up again

The Matrix TOTALLY stole that from this scene! (Neo/agent smith fight).. starting from the part before with the extremely exaggerated block
一个大西瓜
2006-03-28, 8:35 PM #3
The Matrix did it slightly more convincingly. :p
2006-03-28, 8:39 PM #4
this one totally rules too.

WARNING: extreme gore and one asian man's rear end.

http://www.videosift.com/story.php?id=864
2006-03-28, 8:39 PM #5
I was just going to post, don't click that second one

nasty ****
一个大西瓜
2006-03-28, 8:41 PM #6
haha i dont see how people get grossed out by stuff like that. they obviously didnt kill a man to make this movie, so you know its fake. haha. maybe im just sick.
2006-03-28, 8:45 PM #7
cuz it's all squirty and **** and it looks like red feces is falling out of his stomach
一个大西瓜
2006-03-28, 8:45 PM #8
The was an awesome fightscene. Was it from the 80's or early 90's?

And what is with movies and bad guys licking knives? I suppose a piece of metal never tastes good at all. And why were their bodies waxed under their clothes?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-03-28, 8:46 PM #9
This is a lot better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoR-r7Gtg5M

I only wish it was like that for real.
2006-03-28, 8:46 PM #10
Oldboy made me cringe and sometimes look away despite the fact that I'm well aware no one DIED during filming.
2006-03-28, 9:02 PM #11
Just so you know, best fight scene is in a movie called "Gorgeous" by Jackie Chan. Its a love story and the movie as a whole is TERRIBLE but there is a fight scene at the end between Ray Park (yes Darth Maul) and Jackie Chan that is just brilliant.

PLEASE LOOK INTO IT
The tips at the end of shoelaces are called "aglets". Their true purpose is sinister.
2006-03-28, 9:12 PM #12
The first one was cool, but the second one is my favorite :p
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-03-28, 9:24 PM #13
Ray Park is my hero.
2006-03-28, 10:41 PM #14
That looked pretty lame to me. But check out the film "Ong Bak the Thai Warrior" for some awesome muay thai fight scenes. :)
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-03-28, 10:49 PM #15
Originally posted by Cazor:
haha i dont see how people get grossed out by stuff like that. they obviously didnt kill a man to make this movie, so you know its fake. haha. maybe im just sick.

Well, I can see why. It's like people getting offended by sex scenes even though you know they're not really having sex.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2006-03-28, 10:56 PM #16
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1041544123990507613&q=russian+duration%3Amedium+is%3Afree&pl=true
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-03-29, 3:21 AM #17
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
That looked pretty lame to me. But check out the film "Ong Bak the Thai Warrior" for some orgasmic muay thai fight scenes. :)

FIXED
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-03-29, 3:56 AM #18
[QUOTE=Vincent Valentine]This is a lot better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoR-r7Gtg5M

I only wish it was like that for real.[/QUOTE]

<3
2006-03-29, 5:35 AM #19
I'd have to say the fight scene between Anakin and Dooku in Epis... *BLARGH*

Damn. Still got one lung left though...

Best fight scene of all time? Can't really say, but it'd probably have Jet Li in it. Or two Jet Li's? (The One)
"Whats that for?" "Thats the machine that goes 'ping'" PING!
Q. How many testers does it take to change a light bulb?
A. We just noticed the room was dark; we don't actually fix the problems.
MCMF forever.
2006-03-29, 5:38 AM #20
bah, the best fight scenes are in the lone wolf and cub movies, the ones where he takes on entire armies.
2006-03-29, 8:31 AM #21
[QUOTE=Vincent Valentine]Ray Park is my hero.[/QUOTE]
Ditto. Did you laugh your *** off when watching the first X-men when Toad swings that bar around like a double bladed lightsaber? I cried from laughter the first time I saw and recognized that.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2006-03-29, 9:07 AM #22
Originally posted by Deadman:
Well, I can see why. It's like people getting offended by sex scenes even though you know they're not really having sex.

woah woah woah. people.. offended by sex scenes?

since when? and who are these people??
2006-03-29, 10:51 AM #23
[QUOTE=Kieran Horn]Ditto. Did you laugh your *** off when watching the first X-men when Toad swings that bar around like a double bladed lightsaber? I cried from laughter the first time I saw and recognized that.[/QUOTE]...or, you know, like a staff? Being a real-world weapon that uses the same fighting style? Thus the name, the "lightstaff"? And why Ray Park was hired to choreograph the lightsaber fights and perform as Darth Maul, because he had real-world experience with staff fighting which is what the lightstaff was based on.

BUT YES, STAR WARS IS EVERYTHING
2006-03-29, 10:57 AM #24
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
That looked pretty lame to me. But check out the film "Ong Bak the Thai Warrior" for some awesome muay thai fight scenes. :)

"Tom Yum Goong" has some amazing ones as well. I'm looking forward to "Sword."
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-03-29, 12:05 PM #25
Not really a fight scene, but the scene in Kill Bill (volume 1) where Gogo is introduced. It's pretty gory.

In fact, that whole movie is gory. Imma go buy it :D
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2006-03-29, 12:48 PM #26
That fight suckled flaccid monkey ****.

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, it was great.
2006-03-29, 1:33 PM #27
Originally posted by Jon`C:
...or, you know, like a staff?

Technically it's a three-piece staff, not a bostaff like most people think. You don't fight with a bostaff like you do with a lightstaff. :em321:
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-03-29, 2:58 PM #28
WRONG .

The best fight scene ever is from "They Live", because they pulled no punches (excepting face shots), it was not choreographed, it was later mimicked by the South Park cripple fight, and...

...PUT ON THE DAMN SUNGLASSES.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-03-29, 3:03 PM #29
Quote:
...or, you know, like a staff? Being a real-world weapon that uses the same fighting style? Thus the name, the "lightstaff"? And why Ray Park was hired to choreograph the lightsaber fights and perform as Darth Maul, because he had real-world experience with staff fighting which is what the lightstaff was based on.

BUT YES, STAR WARS IS EVERYTHING
No **** sherlock, most people know that. However, in X1 the director purposely had Ray Park swing the bar at the end of the fight to specifically allude back to Darth Maul. Think before you running off your mouth. Or just don't act like an arrogant *** when you speak. Either method works.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2006-03-29, 7:41 PM #30
Originally posted by Wolfy:
The best fight scene ever is from "They Live", because they pulled no punches (excepting face shots)...[/b].

In "Ong Bak" they don't pull punches either, infact a man gets lunge kicked directly in the face.
omnia mea mecum porto

↑ Up to the top!