Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Ever had one of those dreams...
Ever had one of those dreams...
2006-03-29, 12:38 PM #1
...where you got something that you've always wanted and you were happy as hell about it but once you wake up, you realize it was just a dream and it bums you out for a good part of the day?

Ever had that? If so, when was the last time you had that if you can still remember it?
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-03-29, 12:40 PM #2
Yes... yes, I have. Usually quite often. :(
DO NOT WANT.
2006-03-29, 12:41 PM #3
I graduated college, and after a week of searching for a job found a game at Blizzard. Ended up making somewhere in the neighborhood of 200k a year, something like that. Woke up.

God it sucked.
D E A T H
2006-03-29, 12:46 PM #4
Yeah, I think so. It probably involved women. But yesterday I had a dream in which I punched some guy out. That was sweet.
幻術
2006-03-29, 12:54 PM #5
Last week I had a dream that I was on a date with a girl who I kinda like. It was depressing to wake up from it, except that it's not too bad cause I'm not even sure I like her that much, and I'll probably be getting a date with her soon anyway in real life. :cool:
||Arena of Fire || Grand Temple of Fire ||

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?
2006-03-29, 1:05 PM #6
The other night I had a dream where I bought my new car. It was exactly the one I want. Put my foot down on the gas and it crawled away to a top speed of about 10km/h. It's supposed to be a high-powered sports performance car!

Actually that was more like a nightmare, really...
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-03-29, 1:05 PM #7
Arggh, yes, all the time in fact.

This ONE time I had this green apple in my hands (we're talking the IDEAL green apple), and I was ready to bite into it's juiciness; then I woke up and cried. T'was all a dream. :(

On a side note, don't you guys HATE it when authors use the "dream ending" as an easy way out for a conclusion??? It's like they don't want to take the time to think of a logical ending, so they just say, "OH BUT THEN JAMES WOKE UP, AND REALIZED THAT THE PURPLE, OPERA SINGING GORILLA WAS ONLY A NIGHTMARE!" Where's the fun in that? I hate authors like that. :mad:

:)
2006-03-29, 1:41 PM #8
Last semester I had a dream about a guy I liked. Then I woke up and realized it was a dream. That really bummed me out all day. :( That's the last one I can remember...
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2006-03-29, 1:43 PM #9
Yes, it happens to me.

I also frequently have dreams (not nightmares since there is no intense fear associated with them) where I'm in some kind of danger, like held hostage or under some kind of attack, and I have a gun, and I shoot at the enemy, but it never hurts them. It's like shooting blanks. Although a few weeks ago I apparently had a few M16s that managed to shoot out the tires of a van. But they never hurt the guy. :mad:
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-03-29, 1:43 PM #10
I dreamt a couple of times I had telepathy and telekinesis.

then I woke up, and thought, TIME TO KICK SOME *SS!

Sadly, waving my hand at the door didnt make it open :(

And no, I cant remember having a dream of a woman i wanted and waking up and being bummed out.

If I wanted a woman, i went out and got her.

And if she got a restraining order, I went for someone else.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-03-29, 1:47 PM #11
The only times I dream about women, I dream about ex-girlfriends. I really hope I don't talk in my sleep.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2006-03-29, 1:47 PM #12
Yeah, sadly. Several.

In one my parents bought me an Xbox 360 (like, 6 months ago before my decision to go new PC) and I found a lot of money.

Another one I ended up going to public school for middle school and it was better than my private school.

And the last one involves a continuation of my prior night's dream. In the last dream, I'd asked a girl out, and one of her friends told me she said no. The next night (I asked her out that day, about 3 hours after I woke up from that dream) I went to bed and we ended up going on a date or something.

I never wanted to wake up from those, especially the last one.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-29, 1:49 PM #13
Originally posted by Schming:
The only times I dream about women, I dream about ex-girlfriends. I really hope I don't talk in my sleep.

thank god it aint just me.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-03-29, 2:10 PM #14
Originally posted by quesadilla_red:
Last semester I had a dream about a guy I liked. Then I woke up and realized it was a dream. That really bummed me out all day. :( That's the last one I can remember...

Same, except mine was with a girl I like. It happened last night, and is really stressing me out.

Not to get Freudian here, but my personal beliefs are dreams are random images sent by the unconscience mind that presents situations in which you overcome an obstacle to get a desired result.

Or undesired one for nightmares.

I don't fully believe it though, as I don't know much about dreams. I do know, however, males have about 5-7 different dreams about sex about every night, even if we don't remeber it.
2006-03-29, 2:20 PM #15
Wet dreams are made of these, who am I to disagree, travel the world and the seven seas, everybody's looking for something! And then they wake up.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-03-29, 2:22 PM #16
:eek:

Anyways... I once dreamt I got my soul back from Massassi, only to wake up and find out the truth.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-03-29, 4:53 PM #17
My dreams tend to be vague and extremely nonsensical. Everything seems real when I'm asleep and I can understand the dream for a few minutes after I wake up, but after that I can't make sense of what I remember about the dream.

I did have one very convincing dream about two weeks ago. I thought I had done something terrible and I was in trouble for it. I think I had killed somebody. I woke up, but didn't realize I'd been dreaming right away. I was lying in bed for about ten minutes while fully awake thinking I was going to jail. :o
Historians are the most powerful and dangerous members of any society. They must be watched carefully... They can spoil everything. - Nikita Khrushchev.
Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god. - Jean Rostand.
2006-03-29, 5:01 PM #18
I hate it when that happens. Having everything just how I want it then having it all taken away because some idiot decided it was a good time to be noisy and wake me up.

I tend to not have any dreams involving gaining super-abilities, they tend to just be what i'd do if I could do everything to the best of my ability all the time.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-03-29, 5:14 PM #19
Ya one time i was in a dream... and i knew it was dream...

I stole ferraries and generally had fun...
2006-03-29, 5:16 PM #20
I've had a dream in which I won the lottery. Yeah, when I woke up, I was pretty pissed off.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2006-03-29, 5:50 PM #21
Can anyone here Lucid dream? I used to be good at it :gbk:
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-03-29, 6:28 PM #22
Originally posted by Emon:
I have a gun, and I shoot at the enemy, but it never hurts them. It's like shooting blanks. Although a few weeks ago I apparently had a few M16s that managed to shoot out the tires of a van. But they never hurt the guy. :mad:

You watch too much A-Team.

2006-03-30, 3:20 AM #23
i always dream of leeds
2006-03-30, 4:01 AM #24
What about the opposite of having an incredibly awesome dream and still being bummed out for the rest of the day? Every now and then I'll have such an incredibly sad and tragic dream that I wake up nearly in tears and my entire day is crap.

Originally posted by Delphian:

This ONE time I had this green apple in my hands (we're talking the IDEAL green apple), and I was ready to bite into it's juiciness; then I woke up and cried. T'was all a dream. :(

Hee! I've actually had a dream exactly like that before. It just serves as proof that I am far too addicted to green apples.
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2006-03-30, 4:23 AM #25
Last night I had a dream about all my birds dieing at once, for some unknown reason
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-03-30, 6:27 AM #26
I think I've had one about a girl. Just recently I had a dream where I had a nice, thick beard. And then I woke up and realized I can only grow scraggly blonde chin hair. :(

I often have dreams where I have gigantic falls off cliffs and stuff. The falling is an amazing feeling, and then I hit the ground, which barely hurts, get up, and do the fall again. It's almost like a flying dream, except I get to do flips and stuff on my way down. :D
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-03-30, 2:05 PM #27
Is it normal to wake up from a falling dream hurting all over, like you just fell off a cliff ? :gbk:
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-03-30, 2:31 PM #28
yes, one time i drempt i had a girl friend. i awoke extremely happy, later to realise she was just a creation on my brain. :mad:
Take that there and put it in here
2006-03-30, 2:32 PM #29
aslo that happend another time, except i won a new video card. a ti4600. man that would of been sweet.
2006-03-30, 2:50 PM #30
I had a dream I went on a quest to slay a dragon once! It was really neat except for the fact that you know, I woke up.

Then I had a dream where I got stabbed in the eyeball and it felt like I was swallowing it as I woke up, that sucked :(
A dream is beautiful because it remains a dream.
2006-03-30, 2:53 PM #31
Originally posted by Emon:
I shoot at the enemy, but it never hurts them. It's like shooting blanks.

ZOMG HAX! I once had a dream where I got an Xbox 360. Then I woke up. I was so very sad.

I also had a dream in which I asked someone if it was a dream and they said no. And I believed them. I could have had so much fun!

EDIT: And another time I thought I stabbed Thrawn[numbarz] in the hand. Boy, was I glad when I woke up. :p
2006-03-30, 2:58 PM #32
I dreamed I had a lightsabre and it was night time, then Darth Vader came out of a closet and I was like "OH YESS!!" sadly I woke up. :(
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-03-30, 3:02 PM #33
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
I dreamed I had a lightsabre and it was night time, then Darth Vader came out of a closet and I was like "OH YESS!!" sadly I woke up. :(

Dude, you dreamed that Darth Vader was gay?????
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-03-30, 3:15 PM #34
Apparently he wanted him, too :\
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-03-30, 5:02 PM #35
ahahahaha.
2006-03-30, 5:32 PM #36
Originally posted by Space_Bandit:
Can anyone here Lucid dream? I used to be good at it :gbk:

I used to have the most hideous semi-lucid recurring nightmares. (I say used to, I don't think I'm over them, but haven't had one in a while)

They would only happen when I was home alone (cos I'm a wimp), I'd dream that a couple of guys dressed all in black, in balaclavas, broke into my house whilst I was asleep in bed, and I'd wake up, terrified. What would follow would be various horrible scenarios where they would discover I was in the house and try to capture me. The semi-lucid part would be that I could control my own part in the dreams (but not the general storyline) and would often pull off amazing matrix-style escape moves (I remember one that involved running up a wall and grabbing a ceiling fan - which I've never had - and spinning round a few times before dismounting in some crazy acrobatics). After a while, I'd somehow realise I was asleep, and the only way to stop the nightmare was to wake myself up. So I'd be running around my house in this dream, trying to find a way to wake up. I'd intentionally run into walls, lock myself in the bathroom and splash water on my face, and yell really loud. Suddenly, I'd wake up, in a cold sweat, and just as I was calming down, I'd realise I was still asleep and the whole thing would start again. There would be layer after layer of this, repeatedly going through the terror, then waking myself up, then discovering I was still asleep. After a few times, I'd start to lose control a bit in the panic, and my movements in my dream would become really erratic. By this point, the moment I'd "woken up", I'd know that I was still asleep and would immediately jump out of bed, only to find that I couldn't walk, and would be sliding around the floor desperately trying to gain control. Eventually I'd be in such an utter panic that I really would wake up, whereupon I'd be too scared to go back to sleep for hours.
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2006-03-30, 5:52 PM #37
I hate those kinds of dreams, where you know you're asleep and you can't wake yourself up? Uuuugh

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-03-30, 5:54 PM #38
[QUOTE=Glyde Bane]I hate those kinds of dreams, where you know you're asleep and you can't wake yourself up? Uuuugh[/QUOTE]
err had one of those once...
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-03-30, 6:09 PM #39
My statement was directed at boxlady, but you can answer too :p

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-03-30, 6:17 PM #40
[QUOTE=Glyde Bane]I hate those kinds of dreams, where you know you're asleep and you can't wake yourself up? Uuuugh[/QUOTE]

And you're just sitting there in a boring black black void? I hate that. Wouldn't it be terrible if someone was stuck in a 20 year coma like that? Ugh.

↑ Up to the top!