Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Jesus Cryst!
Jesus Cryst!
2006-03-29, 6:51 PM #1
I loved the first 4 levels of the original, and this looks like sex on a stick. Too bad I won't have the box to run it. Oh well. If they can shell out that engine with the same kind of human AI, and MAYBE an intuitive monster/whatever AI, it'll be my next favorite game. Maybe.

This reminds me, also: This is one of the few new game footages that has been the ACTUAL GAME ENGINE. I am SICK AND ****ING TIRED OF WATCHING PRE-RENDERED CUTSCENE COMMERCIALS. STOP THAT. YOU'RE FALSE ADVERTISING!!!!!
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-29, 6:55 PM #2
The mutants ruined the game lol! lol!

While I think the game would have been boring and generic if it was just shooting mercs and the mutants made the game 100x more interesting and scary to me, this thread isn't about that...

Crysis....Yes, it looks amazing. My brother has a super hi-res a billion gig video of Crysis, it looks sick. Amazing. I want it. Now. My god. Yes.
Think while it's still legal.
2006-03-29, 6:59 PM #3
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]The mutants ruined the game lol! lol!

While I think the game would have been boring and generic if it was just shooting mercs and the mutants made the game 100x more interesting and scary to me, this thread isn't about that...

Crysis....Yes, it looks amazing. My brother has a super hi-res a billion gig video of Crysis, it looks sick. Amazing. I want it. Now. My god. Yes.[/QUOTE]
Way to try and derail a thread.

Yes, it looks awesome. Let's just hope there's more merc action in the game...so much more fun.
D E A T H
2006-03-29, 7:01 PM #4
Mutants weren't what made the rest of that game suck, THOSE mutants are what made the rest of the game suck. Smart mutants, or at least mutants that took some sort of strategy to beat would have been a welcome advancement to the game's, as you said, rather boring pace. The human AI on the mid-difficulty settings [Hard made them stupid, oddly enough?] was AMAZING fun because you had to get creative in your methods of fighting them. The one part where you've got to infultrate a base with a mote around it... man, took me 30 some times before I tricked the guards into letting me pass. I especially liked the difficulty in the original.

[Oh, and I don't consider it derailing. not much you can say about an unreleased game, besides "I hope the mutants don't suck."
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-29, 7:20 PM #5
Holy GOD that looks amazing. This is the first game that actually looks REAL LIFE. WOW. AMAZING!!!

By the way, the mutants did make the game suck.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2006-03-29, 7:40 PM #6
I also didn't like the damage. I know I've said it before, but they should just make you weaker. /Obligatory Far Cry rant
2006-03-29, 8:57 PM #7
I'm absolutely stunned by this. I saw the trailer earlier this week and I was like: "Wait a minute *rewind rewind* HOLY AWESOME THE LIGHT IS BOUNCING!
2006-03-29, 8:58 PM #8
Looks damn sexy.
2006-03-29, 9:00 PM #9
Looks like the DX10 demonstration video. I'd rather see AI improvements then graphics at this point though.
2006-03-29, 9:01 PM #10
Originally posted by tofu:
Looks like the DX10 demonstration video. I'd rather see AI improvements then graphics at this point though.

Weirdo.
2006-03-29, 9:27 PM #11
I loved Far Cry. Awww sex on a stick/in a bucket/on a mother****in' plane.

Stupid Uwe Boll :( :( :( :( :mad: :mad: :(
2006-03-29, 9:33 PM #12
Originally posted by Uberslug:
Weirdo.

I hope they don't have human AI because then they'd be dumb like you.
2006-03-29, 9:43 PM #13
Originally posted by JediKirby:
This reminds me, also: This is one of the few new game footages that has been the ACTUAL GAME ENGINE. I am SICK AND ****ING TIRED OF WATCHING PRE-RENDERED CUTSCENE COMMERCIALS. STOP THAT. YOU'RE FALSE ADVERTISING!!!!!

Yeah, that's something that drives me crazy too.
2006-03-30, 3:46 AM #14
the trailer looks amazing, only thing I'm worried about is that we are going to need a super computer to run it...

(although that was said about Doom3 and F.E.A.R. months/years before they came out and they weren't soooo bad...)
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2006-03-30, 4:03 AM #15
I liked Far Cry, including the mutants. In fact, the most memorable moment in the game I had involved one of the big guys with rocket launchers. It was a night time section, just after they'd broken free I think, and I was happily walking along by a coast line. Suddenly the detect-o-metre (whatever it was called) jumped up, so I dived into a bush and pulled out my sniper rifle. The metre stayed about half full, and I was scanning around trying to find what had seen me. I pull a 180 to check behind me, and...uh, that tree wasn't there before. I look up and see a mutant staring over the top of my cover, looking for me. Nearly had to change my pants :o
2006-03-30, 5:42 AM #16
that video gave me a slight boner.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-03-30, 6:31 AM #17
:eek:

That looked pretty cool to me (the game, not the boner). By the time it comes out, though, my computer will only be able to render it in Mario-mode.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-03-30, 7:04 AM #18
I'm with Tofu, I'll take Ai over graphics any day.
That said, this does make me exited but the engine, not the game, just the engine.
The only thing that can make me exited about the game is a demo.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2006-03-30, 9:32 AM #19
Wooohooooo, go Germany, go!

Although I've got to admit that I've never played Far Cry...
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-03-30, 11:54 AM #20
while we are on the theme of amazing looking next gen games, take a peak at this

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=9867&pl=game&type=mov

CellFactor.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2006-03-30, 12:04 PM #21
At first I tohught it was just a movie of the game, then I realized those were in-game shots!!!
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2006-03-30, 12:27 PM #22
[QUOTE=James Bond]while we are on the theme of amazing looking next gen games, take a peak at this

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=9867&pl=game&type=mov

CellFactor.[/QUOTE]
That looks like HL2 meets Unreal.
Although some of that stuff looks like it'd be really hard to keep balanced.
Definatly looks interesting though.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2006-03-30, 12:35 PM #23
That last game looks really cool.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.

↑ Up to the top!