Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The key to a girls heart...
The key to a girls heart...
2006-04-01, 6:42 PM #1
I'm just wondering, what most massassi folks around here, would do if they like a girl and wanted to start something with here. No this is not exactly another girl thread, just curiosity.

EDIT: I know I'm going to regret this.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-04-01, 6:53 PM #2
Tell her about your Kung Fu experience!
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-04-01, 6:55 PM #3
Tell her that you like her boobies. Girls like that a lot.
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2006-04-01, 6:56 PM #4
and don't stop staring at them.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-04-01, 6:57 PM #5
Quote:
The Key to a Girl's Heart
February 13, 2006
by Stacey

use:
Le Creuset 11-3/4-Inch Skillet with Iron Handle, Red

The door to a girl's heart lies in a fluffy pancake. I do not take comfort in flabby, thin pancakes I have sometimes been served. Nor am I much a lover of the generic buttermilk pancake. Though good, I have grown tired of their monotony. Recently, I was served a wheat germ pancake larger than a Frisbee. I was more impressed by the size than the flavor. At this same meal, I was told that at my friend's upcoming wedding, they would be serving pancakes at the reception. From my favorite pancake spot I used to order ten little dollar pancakes. Sometimes known as silver dollar pancakes, I enjoyed these because my tiny hands could cup a pancake, easily shoved whole onto my delicate palate. My grandmother makes pancakes without following a recipe, effortlessly puffy, requiring all grandchildren to drench them in her homemade jam. If another's jam is brought to her kitchen she will "forget" to put it out amongst her own.

I have required D to make these pancakes for me often. They are his family's "secret" recipe--taken from a cornmeal box long ago. They are the pancake of his youth and happily remembered breakfast table. The first time he made these pancakes for me he held the phone to his ear, mixing ingredients, as his mother retold the recipe she refused to write down. A few weeks later, because he had called so often, the recipe was mailed to him.

The perfect fluffiness, the perfect denseness, the perfect sweetness, these pancakes are bold enough to stand on their own. One day, behind D's back, I added chopped apples, mimicking my grandmother's perfect pancake. When he turned around to witness the horror I had created he refused to proceed. Just go on, I encouraged. Before long he happily exclaimed the apple to be the perfect complement to the cornmeal and molasses base. Since then, D and I have made these pancakes in countless fruit forms: apple, pear, banana, blueberry, strawberry, peach.

We have also altered the original recipe slightly. Again to D's horror, I emptied a jar of applesauce into the batter. You've ruined it, he moaned. Remember the apples, I pushed. When the pancakes were complete they were fluffier than ever. Since than, whenever applesauce is in the house, we happily add it, along with any fruit we may have.

D and I normally make a whole batch of these pancakes. Their subtle aroma fills the house and two or three days later we pop cold bits into our mouth on the way out the door. We offer them to friends who are overly impressed with their not-so-simple looking nature. Little do they know they are all too simple to make.

The key to these pancakes lies in the cornmeal and molasses. Only top-quality ingredients should be used. Last summer at the Indiana State Fair, D's mother gifted us a bag of cornmeal from Sunny Slopes Farm. It is the perfect cornmeal for this pancake (they do not take online orders and if you would like the phone number please let me know). A few months later when we ran out of cornmeal I called Sunny Slopes. As I spoke to the lady about the benefits of farm-fresh products I told her I would only buy direct from farms in the future. She laughed and sent me 2 lbs of cornmeal, complete with invoice. A few days later I kept my promise and ordered goat cheese I had fallen for from a farm outside of Poughkeepsie.

These pancakes are simple and delicious. Making them takes little effort and they will become a household favorite. With this recipe, you may now discard all other pancake recipes. Play with the amount of molasses used. D and I actually use sorghum, about double the asked for quantity. We usually throw in fruit-- this is optional, but delicious.

CORN MOUNTAIN PANCAKES

Makes about 15 4-inch pancakes. Prep time= 10 minutes.

* 1 egg
* 1-1/4 cup milk
* 5 Tb vinegar
* 2 Tb molasses
* 1/4 cup butter, melted
* 1 cup flour
* 1 tsp salt
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 2 tsp baking powder
* 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
* 3/4 cup applesauce
* ripe fruit, sliced into 1/4-inch discs (optional)

1. Beat together egg, milk, vinegar, molasses, butter, and applesauce.
2. Add flour, sifted with salt, baking soda and baking powder, stir until blended.
3. Add cornmeal, stir until just blended.
4. Warm a skillet on medium-high heat. Melt 1 Tb butter. When pan is hot, use a 1/4 cup measure to scoop and drop even batter. Place fruit slices ontop of batter. Cook until bubbles begin to appear, about 3 minutes. Flip, cook for another 2 minutes.

NOTE: Sliced apples, pears, blueberries, or any other fruit is amazing with this batter. Another version is to use buttermilk instead of regular milk and vinegar.

See pictures and more recipe ideas at Just Braise.
Stacey holds a Master's Degree in the History of Education from NYU. She is a contributing author and editor to the textbook Contemporary Issues in Curriculum (Allyn & Bacon, June 2006). Stacey is also a contributer to the WellFed Network. Her personal blog is Just Braise.

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2006/02/13/121452.php
一个大西瓜
2006-04-01, 6:58 PM #6
[Didn't you give up being Superman? :p]
Think while it's still legal.
2006-04-01, 7:08 PM #7
this thread'll be good. that being said, inbefodalock :p
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-04-01, 7:12 PM #8
Sorry...I didn't even read the thread yet, but I've been waiting too long to use this pic. Who knows...it could be closed by the time I finish reading. :p
Attachment: 11231/el internet.png (81,845 bytes)
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2006-04-01, 7:27 PM #9
the key to a girls heart is rape

try it

they love it
2006-04-01, 7:31 PM #10
Do it Terminator-style:

[http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/8013/girls9um.png]
Stuff
2006-04-01, 7:34 PM #11
I thought this was going to be a link to an item on ebay. Im sure you can get a key to a girls heart there. Like a key to a box that holds a womans artificial heart.
The tips at the end of shoelaces are called "aglets". Their true purpose is sinister.
2006-04-01, 8:01 PM #12
Originally posted by quesadilla_red:
Sorry...I didn't even read the thread yet, but I've been waiting too long to use this pic. Who knows...it could be closed by the time I finish reading. :p

LMAO
一个大西瓜
2006-04-01, 8:04 PM #13

<3
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-04-01, 8:18 PM #14
Not drooling and staring helps a lot.
Pissed Off?
2006-04-01, 8:18 PM #15
Originally posted by kyle90:
Do it Terminator-style: lolol

Kyle90 wins.

I would have picked "ur mom...," but it seems that the most logical phrase didn't work anyway.
2006-04-01, 8:38 PM #16

Best. Pic. Ever.

Seriously, that's the hardest I've laughed all day (and probably all week), and it's April Fool's Day too.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2006-04-01, 8:44 PM #17
How should I know lol
2006-04-01, 8:53 PM #18
are we getting anywhere?

EDIT: CHANGE ME TITLE PLZ
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-04-01, 8:54 PM #19
The key to a girl's heart is a clean hot tub
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-04-01, 9:08 PM #20
It's all in how good you are with your tongue.
2006-04-01, 9:10 PM #21
There is quite a bit of truth to that.
Pissed Off?
2006-04-01, 9:15 PM #22
Originally posted by Avenger:
There is quite a bit of truth to that.

There are at least a couple different truths to that.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2006-04-01, 9:30 PM #23
Aye
Pissed Off?
2006-04-01, 9:35 PM #24
Shintok wins this thread.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-04-01, 9:47 PM #25
Pommy-

Fluffy pancakes? Freaking HELL YES. I have been making pancakes for years and have just perfected my methods. If pancakes do indeed lead to finding of love, you have given me hope. Thank you, my friend.

(If I could add something, I'd say seperate the eggs and beat the whites into a froth. This procedure makes all quick breads the penultimate.)
2006-04-01, 10:38 PM #26
Originally posted by JDKNITE188:
Kyle90 wins.

Indeed.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-04-01, 11:40 PM #27
Originally posted by Shintock:
It's all in how good you are with your tongue.

and fingers

so apparently i win.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2006-04-01, 11:59 PM #28
There is no key to women. They aren't men.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2006-04-02, 12:28 AM #29
Sometimes you have to squeeze
Sometimes you have to say please
2006-04-02, 3:37 AM #30
tyrannosaurus LOX!
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On

↑ Up to the top!