Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Star Wars TV series...a go?
Star Wars TV series...a go?
2006-04-03, 4:59 PM #1
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4808746.stm

Hype? Rumour? I think so. Probably first major news on alleged series in a long time. Different sources say series will be shown in 2007 or 2008.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2006-04-03, 5:07 PM #2
Old news. To be shown starting in 2008, follows bounty hunters inbetween Ep III and IV. New characters, with the possibilty of a few familiar faces, although nothing's been confirmed with that.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-04-03, 5:08 PM #3
Old news yes, but it's supposedly first confimation from Lucas himself, that's what makes it interesting.

-G Man
2006-04-03, 5:18 PM #4
Oh god...first an animated show about Ewoks, then a few years back one about poorly drawn EP1 characters....now this?
2006-04-03, 5:34 PM #5
Originally posted by KnightRider2000:
Old news yes, but it's supposedly first confimation from Lucas himself, that's what makes it interesting.

Er. The first time the TV show was ever announced was at C3 last year, by Lucas himself, and he said that it was already in the works. So, no, this isn't the first confirmation by Lucas. It was confirmed by him from the start :p

(And for the record, I was there when he announced it :D )
Moo.
2006-04-03, 5:37 PM #6
Originally posted by A_Big_Fat_CoW:
Er. The first time the TV show was ever announced was at C3 last year, by Lucas himself, and he said that it was already in the works. So, no, this isn't the first confirmation by Lucas. It was confirmed by him from the start :p

(And for the record, I was there when he announced it :D )

Gaa, BBC misleads me with their "date of article". Just an "update"

-G Man
2006-04-03, 7:05 PM #7
Originally posted by Anovis:
Oh god...first an animated show about Ewoks, then a few years back one about poorly drawn EP1 characters....now this?
HEY! You leave Clone Wars out of this! And animated Ewok show? Did I miss something, or are you thinking of the animated show Droids? Or those live-action Ewok movies? Or both?
2006-04-03, 7:22 PM #8
We won't see anything concrete for another two years at least.

Wikipedia is your friend. Take a look here.
2006-04-03, 7:24 PM #9
Quote:
Star Wars TV Series... a go?

[Viewtiful Joe]Henshin A-Go-Go, Baby![/Viewtiful Joe]

:D But yeah, cool. I'll watch.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-04-03, 8:10 PM #10
Originally posted by Primate:
HEY! You leave Clone Wars out of this! And animated Ewok show? Did I miss something, or are you thinking of the animated show Droids? Or those live-action Ewok movies? Or both?

There was also an animated ew*k show. The ew*k movies are seperate.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-04-03, 8:16 PM #11
The ewok movies were creepy. Especially the second one where like everyone died .
2006-04-03, 8:20 PM #12
Hm... That doesn't sound too bad. At least we already know that Luke was a mewling whiny kid once.

Personally, I like the sound of the bounty hunters thing better, as long as nobody we already know shows up. (Although I guess something like seeing the Slave I parked on a landing pad for a split second during a camera pan would be okay. MAYBE.)

As for the other things, hooray for Indiana Jones, please don't fill it wth CG animation, and Red Tails sounds pretty damn cool as well.
2006-04-03, 8:23 PM #13
Originally posted by Sparrowhawk:
hooray for Indiana Jones, please don't fill it wth CG animation

Don't hold your damn breath. I hate movies today.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-04-03, 8:32 PM #14
Amen, Kirby. For once, I can say that I completely and utterly agree with you.

Damn this nefarious technology! I want to see models and stage tricks again!

One thing I forgot to mention about the TV show... It looks like there's been no mention of jedi. Thank god. I'm so sick of you right about now, jedi. Please fall under the figurative boot heel of Vader's Inquisition and there be obliterated.
2006-04-03, 9:00 PM #15
Isn't the SW show supposed to be in 3D,

where you have to wear the stupid red and blue glasses ?
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-04-03, 9:25 PM #16
Originally posted by Chewbubba:

Good lord, I hope not. I mean, that was cool, what, in the 60's? 70's? In any case, it was a long frakking time ago, and it needs to die.
2006-04-04, 1:23 AM #17
Maybe it'll be 3D with shutter glasses. Everybody go and buy 200 $/€ shutter glasses to be able to watch the show!
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2006-04-04, 1:48 AM #18

No, that's the other one. There's going to be a continuation of the Clone Wars cartoon series, except in 3D animation.

And 3D animation means like, CGI. Not the glasses thing.
Moo.
2006-04-04, 10:17 AM #19
No, there's a lot of confusion, and the part of the confustion does involve the 3D glasses.

http://theforce.net/swtv/story/Star_Wars_Television_Shows_97662.asp
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-04-04, 11:50 AM #20
No, there's a lot of confusion, and the part of the confustion does involve the 3D glasses.

http://theforce.net/swtv/story/Star_Wars_Television_Shows_97662.asp

In any case, that article points out that the cartoon series will be the one using 3D, and the live-action series won't, so it looks like there's nothing to worry about.
Moo.
2006-04-04, 2:46 PM #21
Who'd pay that much money for 3D glasses? Universal Studios Theme Park as a ton of clear 3D glasses that work great. I'm sure they only cost a couple of dollars (because I'm sure they only cost a couple of pennies to make in Teiwan or Japan, or somewhere).
"The solution is simple."
2006-04-06, 2:13 AM #22
[http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2005/20050427l.jpg]
2006-04-06, 2:21 AM #23
I sure hope those TV series will be as awesome, or more awesome than 'Clone Wars'.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum

↑ Up to the top!