Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I don't get mad often...
I don't get mad often...
2006-04-04, 6:29 PM #1
...but this really pissed me off.

I got contacts about 5 weeks ago. They've been working real well, I like them a lot better than glasses. About 3 weeks ago, I started having some problems. A little irritation/uncomfortableness but mostly what I thought was dryness. If I looked straight ahead, my vision was fine. When I looked to the sides or top/bottom, things got slightly blurry. From what I understood, I thought it was just dryness, and started using eye drops. Those helped a little, but not really.

I was finally able to go by the optometrist. Luckily I got to talk to one of them momentarily, without an appointment. I tell her the situation, and she goes back and gets my file. It seems that one I got fitted for contacts, the first pair they tried were Accuvue 2s. Those didn't fit right, so they tried Proclears. Those did work, and that's what I got sent home with. I remember not having the problems described above within the first two weeks, and that happens to be the period in which I used those contacts, and then disposed of them. It would seem that after I went back to get the prescription for the contacts, they incorrectly wrote it for the Accuvue 2s. So for three weeks I've been walking around with the wrong contacts in my eyes, mistakenly believing I was having a problem with dryness when I wasn't (I spent about $30 on a different solution plus some rewetting eye drop bottles).

I'm just ANGRY. It was very frustrating dealing with that blurryness and then come to find out it was because of their crappy nurses or whoever wrote the prescription. I'm thinking about filing a complaint to their head office for this crap.

At least I have the right contacts now though. These feel much better and are clear in all directions. What sucks now is that I will have to order these contacts, I can't get them through Sam's Club for $15 like I did with the Accuvue 2s.

:mad: [/exhales] :)
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2006-04-04, 6:33 PM #2
yah it can be annoying, wait till you get one that is already ripped when you get it.
“Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.” -G.K. Chesterton
2006-04-04, 8:01 PM #3
Wha, a condom?
2006-04-04, 9:30 PM #4
Originally posted by saberopus:
Wha, a condom?

What is this... condom? In America, we have ABSTINENCE ONLY SEX ED! IF YOU USE A CONDOM YOU'RE EITHER GAY AND GOING TO HELL OR GOING TO HELL LATER!
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2006-04-04, 9:33 PM #5
Yeah, I trialed a pair of Accuvues to wind up on Proclears as well.

Astigmatism?
2006-04-05, 2:55 PM #6
No, I don't have Astigmatism. Just plain old nearsightedness. I called the Optometrist today and spoke with a technician. She apologized and reassured me that wearing those contacts shouldn't have damaged my eyes. She said that she was going to order two boxes of the Proclears for me (about $80 worth) for free, so that was cool. That's all I really wanted. If they were just going to say sorry and act like it was all ok then I was going to be pissed.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2006-04-05, 3:33 PM #7
i have astigmatism also.

I tried contacts for 5 months.

In truth, only 2 months worth ever arrived, lost out on £90.

And I couldnt get them in or out, since my eyelashes are too long, and I have slanty eyes.

:mad:
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-04-05, 3:58 PM #8
Originally posted by saberopus:
Wha, a condom?

um... no I ment a ripped contact. I beleive Acuvue(SP) 2 are soft lenses and I have had a few lenses that I recived already ripped, that was anoying.
“Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.” -G.K. Chesterton
2006-04-05, 5:02 PM #9
And that's one of the reasons I have slabs of plate glass draped on my nose.

It's cheaper.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2006-04-05, 6:05 PM #10
Originally posted by Schming:
What is this... condom? In America, we have ABSTINENCE ONLY SEX ED! IF YOU USE A CONDOM YOU'RE EITHER GAY AND GOING TO HELL OR GOING TO HELL LATER!

Blah, I live in America too! I am well familiar w/ and well annoyed w/ the propagandistically slanted sex ed education!!!!!!

Hmm?

↑ Up to the top!