Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → HFStival/Maryland Massassi meetup
HFStival/Maryland Massassi meetup
2006-04-05, 11:16 AM #1
HFStival is right around the corner, and I remember there are alot of people in the general area of Maryland.

Anyone else going?

http://www.hfstival.com

I'm only going Sunday, and really only to see Kill hannah.

All the same, I bought a pit ticket, because I am sure that the high price tag will be a deterrant against annoying kids and stupid drunks. Not to mention, Merriweather Security doesn't let people get silly in the pit. (Atleast, they didn't for The Cure).

It'd be ace if anyone else is going, because we could hang out. The Merriweather is hands down one of the best outdoor venue's in the country, and the grounds are absolutely BEAUTIFUL.

Like all HFStival shows, there will be two stages. However, I still recomend getting one of the seats inside of the actual pavillion, there seriously isn't a bad seat in the house. Lawn ticket people will probably crowd around the second stage, because it's more convenient for those cheap asses.
2006-04-05, 1:06 PM #2
I am considering it strongly. The problem is that I am not really into any of those bands. I used to be into some of them, but I will see what my friends are doing.
2006-04-05, 1:15 PM #3
Meh, I live an hour from Baltimore, but that doesn't seem like my kind of concert.
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2006-04-05, 1:54 PM #4
I've heard of... four.. of those bands..

I'm such a rebel.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-04-05, 1:56 PM #5
Well, let me know if you are, so we can meet up.
2006-04-05, 2:01 PM #6
I'm probably going to go. The band list isn't that strong, but I do want to see a couple of them, especially Strokes and Matisyahu. Hmmm, I know a lot of my friends are going...
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2006-04-05, 2:04 PM #7
I remember when HFStival used to rock. Now it sucks.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-04-05, 3:10 PM #8
Ooh, I might actually go to that. A lot of those bands are the kind my sister likes, and she's the one with the car. :p
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2006-04-05, 3:11 PM #9
What?! Ach lives close to me?! THIS IS A REVELATION OF REVELATIONS.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-04-05, 3:11 PM #10
Originally posted by fishstickz:
What?! Ach lives close to me?! THIS IS A REVELATION OF REVELATIONS.

Is 5 hours close?

edit: booh, I just realized that I wasted my 500th post.
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2006-04-05, 3:13 PM #11
Close enough for stalking!
--Garrison Keillor
2006-04-05, 3:14 PM #12
Close enough for a restraining order, too.
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2006-04-05, 3:18 PM #13
Not if Im tricksey like a trickster.
--Garrison Keillor
2006-04-05, 3:24 PM #14
****ing wusses

at festivals, bands come second.

for a two day affair, thats three nights of lunacy in a campsite with thousands of drunkards.

fun!
2006-04-05, 3:40 PM #15
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]****ing wusses

for a two day affair, thats three nights of lunacy in a campsite with thousands of drunkards.

fun![/QUOTE]

agreed.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-04-05, 8:10 PM #16
I don't think they're going to let you camp there. If thats your plan, I'd e-mail ahead.

Whoever does go, we need to take several cam-hoish pictures.
2006-04-05, 8:29 PM #17
Ooh, you lucky bastards, there are some really good bands on that list, some of them are just coming up though. In particular, Augustana kick *** live! But not so much for their show (still good) but just how much their musicianship carries over from the studio.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-04-05, 10:59 PM #18
say hi to OK Go for me.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-04-05, 11:22 PM #19
My official answer is "I don't know" for now.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-04-06, 12:05 PM #20
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]****ing wusses

fun![/QUOTE]

Thirded.

I don't think yanks go in for that kind of thing.
nope.

↑ Up to the top!