Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Mafia cops
Mafia cops
2006-04-06, 12:11 PM #1
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/newyork/ny-bc-ny--mafiacops0404apr04,0,5401791.story?coll=ny-region-apnewyork

Quote:
Authorities say Eppolito, 57, and his ex-partner, Stephen Caracappa, 64, were involved in eight killings between 1986 and 1990 while on the payrolls of the New York Police Department and Luchese crime family underboss Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso. The so-called "Mafia cops" allegedly accepted $4,000 a month to help Casso silence informants and rub out rivals.

I've been following the case because I live close to New York, and I'm sure people heard a bit of this on the news. I know there is always the possiblity of corruption with the police, they are regular people after all, but, sheesh, this is one of the worst cases of bad cops in NY. And it remained hidden for long years. Unnerving.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-04-06, 12:48 PM #2
Yikes.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-04-06, 1:02 PM #3
$4000 a month is no doubt a nice boost to an ordinary cop's paycheck. And if they received it for the whole 5 years, it would make 240000 dollars (per capita). Divided by eight targets, and we get 30000 dollars per elimination mission. Not bad, I suppose.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2006-04-06, 1:37 PM #4
There were some corrupt cops here in Oakland that went on trial, but nothing came of it, sadly.
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!