Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Yay Pistons!
Yay Pistons!
2004-06-15, 6:02 PM #1
Even though it only went five games, wow, what a terrific series. I'm glad Detroit won, not just because I intensely dislike the Lakers attitude, but because they played terrific at both ends of the floor for once, not just on defence [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

Even if Karl Malone had been healthy the whole series L.A. had no shot - Shaq was the only Laker who turned up every single game and as good as he is, that isn't enough.

Oh yeah and Gary Payton, just retire already.

(ps if you don't like bastketball, wonderful, just don't ruin this thread ok?)

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1, 2 & 3 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-06-15, 6:07 PM #2
I only saw game one, I'm happy to hear detroit won too! I didn't think they'd pull it off after the first final 4 game.

------------------
I felt like destroying something beautiful.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2004-06-15, 6:11 PM #3
Yea!

------------------

"Bantha's are filthy animals.......I don't eat filthy animals."

"Laugh it up Fuzzball!"
-Han Solo
2004-06-15, 6:15 PM #4
Hell yes....

It was clear an simple. Pistons just out-played the Lakers. You could see that this whole game, with all the rebounds the Pistons were getting. It looks like LA just gave up pretty much.

It was amazing how fast 97% of the people in the country jumped onto the Detroit bandwagon, heh.

------------------
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-06-15, 6:15 PM #5
HELL YEAH!!!!!!

------------------
"This thread is still alive? Someone should kill it."
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2004-06-15, 6:18 PM #6
I'm am kind of sad Lakers lost. Malone deserves a ring.

------------------
The sooner you realize I'm right the better off you will be.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-06-15, 8:17 PM #7
It's ironic that the year Payton and Malone came to LA on minimal pay just to get a ring, they don't get it ..

I'm a huge lakers fan and been so from Magic to Del Harris and all that ****, and I'm ****ing disappointed and pissed that they lost, but .. yeah, the Pistons were very much better and deserved it more. So, congratulations to them xP

------------------
Sigs are for n00bs.

[1337 FRNDS_Pommy | 3.14 of 14 | ยป And-GTx2]
Half-Life 2 Central - your definitive source for everything HL2!
一个大西瓜
2004-06-15, 8:20 PM #8
Yay, the Lakers lost. *does a little dance*

I'm always happy when an evil empire loses.

------------------
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2004-06-15, 9:21 PM #9
I was happy to see Detroit win because I don't really like the Lakers at all. The Pistons played like they wanted it in all but about seven minutes of game 2.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-06-16, 5:16 AM #10
Ahh, "Lakers lost" oh how I love the sound of that.

------------------
Kill Your Idols!
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-06-16, 5:33 AM #11
I have Piston pants
I have Piston underwear
I have Piston socks
I have Piston cups

I'll never get tired of that pun

------------------

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited June 16, 2004).]
2004-06-16, 5:57 AM #12
I'm a Pacers fan when I watch NBA. I was hoping for a Pistons championship after they beat the pacers. Great series.

------------------
Prowling out of the tundra, swinging a jeweled meat hammer, cometh Outlaw Torn! And he gives a gutteral bellow:

"I'm seriously going to hump you until you scream like a banshee!"
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2004-06-16, 6:26 AM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Outlaw Torn:
I'm a Pacers fan when I watch NBA. I was hoping for a Pistons championship after they beat the pacers. Great series.

</font>

I am a Pacers fan as well, and always will be, I hope Reggie stays one more year and maybe, just maybe, they can take home a championship next year. They were so close...oh well.

------------------
Maker of the Levels:
Sand Trap
Sand Trap (Night)

Writer/Author of the fanfic: Dragonball Aftershock

_.~'AKA DBF_SuperSaiyan'~._
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2004-06-16, 7:28 AM #14
The Lakers were becoming the Yankees of basketball. Needless to say, I'm happy that they lost.

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-06-16, 2:12 PM #15
I don't get it, do alot of people hated the Bulls when they won three times in a row? I wouldn't call this a great series since all of the games (except for game 2) were blowouts.
2004-06-16, 2:36 PM #16
Karl Malone doesnt deserve jack Kieran. He is a dirty player a crook. I am glad he wont retire with a ring.

GO PISTONS

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-06-16, 3:26 PM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cloud:
I don't get it, do alot of people hated the Bulls when they won three times in a row? I wouldn't call this a great series since all of the games (except for game 2) were blowouts.</font>

The bulls were different. They lacked the Lakers attitude, something I've always hated. They ***** and fight like little kids and show an open contempt for playing hard during the regular season (why they lost last year). The Bulls always played as a team, even when Jordan was scoring most of the points....sometimes the Lakers seem like they are on seperate teams to each other.

I really hope Kobe/Shaq are broken up because they really aren't compatible on or off the court and really, good lord I am sick of the drama queen BS.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1, 2 & 3 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-06-16, 4:20 PM #18
Yes, Malone uses his elbows a lot, but he is one of the few players I've seen that is in it for the game instead of the money.

------------------
2004-06-17, 8:33 AM #19
I'm very anti-Rasheed (I'm a Portland fan), but yay for the Pistons anyway.
2004-06-17, 9:07 AM #20
I believe the man who owns the Pistons also owns the Tampa Bay Lightning. He's having quite a year. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
"I am downright amazed at what I can destroy with just a hammer."
-Atom and His Package
2004-06-17, 9:43 AM #21
The Bulls were just awesome. I'm sure many people hated them, but they were no evil empire like the Yankees or Lakers. They even had Rodman and fewer people hated them than the Lakers.

Plus they had Bill Murray as their biggest celebrity fan. Jack Nicolson is cool, but he's no Bill Murray.

------------------
2004-06-17, 2:08 PM #22
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
Plus they had Bill Murray as their biggest celebrity fan. Jack Nicolson is cool, but he's no Bill Murray.

</font>

The funny thing about Jack is that he almost got thrown out of the game a couple of times. I don't watch baseball, why do people hate the Yankees beside them winning the World Series like four times in a row?

↑ Up to the top!