Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So I'm rich apparently...
So I'm rich apparently...
2006-04-06, 4:43 PM #1
You know, I've never gotten one of these scam e-mails before, but I guess there's a first time for everything. Apparently I won a million dollars in a lottery through gmail which I never entered. I'm torn between just deleting the thing and playing it out to see when they try to scam me. Didn't ask for any personal information of mine (yet!), just told me to either e-mail a guy or contact him on his phone number. I also just noticed in the e-mail that apparently the guy is a reverand or something. Rather interesting to be contacted by some reverand who is letting you know you won the lottery. The name listed is Rev.Dr Mike Okoro. Anyone heard of this e-mail scam before, cause I haven't? Nice to see someone cares about a poor college student enough to try and rob them. Though since I have no money I'm not sure how successful they'd be anyway. :p
Life is beautiful.
2006-04-06, 4:46 PM #2
Its true, youve won! Send your bank information to yadayada@yayayayayayaya.win.
All money will be transfered somewhat soon!

o.0
2006-04-06, 4:56 PM #3
oh...he probably got his Ordination online through the church of beer. I'd just say delete it now and don't bother with it any more.
“Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.” -G.K. Chesterton
2006-04-06, 6:16 PM #4
Originally posted by Greenboy:
Its true, youve won! Send your bank information to yadayada@yayayayayayaya.win.
All money will be transfered somewhat soon!

Oh man I'm so tempted.

*click*

2006-04-06, 6:25 PM #5
Yeah, all I need is your bank account number and I'll transfer the money to you.
Pissed Off?
2006-04-06, 6:28 PM #6
I'm gonna need it first though.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-04-06, 6:50 PM #7
How much are the "taxes" you need to pay first? :D

Btw guys - an account number alone isn't that big of a deal..you'll need a little more info than that. :p
woot!
2006-04-06, 8:03 PM #8
I know its not that big a deal really. But its the first time I've ever gotten one of these e-mails, so its a landmark event for me. :p
Life is beautiful.

↑ Up to the top!