Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Bomb threat at my school
Bomb threat at my school
2006-04-07, 12:20 PM #1
To make a long story short, guy called radio station saying we have 4 bobms at our school, then called the school and told them that. We had to sit 3 hours on the football field in the hot Florida sun, because someone acted like an idiot before spring break. Ticked me off because the classes I had, the teachers planned to give us an easy day with food, movies, and computer time. :mad:
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2006-04-07, 12:25 PM #2
Whats sad is that they still think it's hilarious.

!@#holes.
2006-04-07, 12:31 PM #3
TERRORIST-WANNABES WIN
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-04-07, 12:46 PM #4
If someone were really going to bomb a place they wouldn't call and give warning.
2006-04-07, 12:48 PM #5
BOOM [/SIZE][/COLOR]
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-04-07, 12:49 PM #6
Ohhh man that trick is hilairous
2006-04-07, 1:01 PM #7
It was obie. Get him!
Pissed Off?
2006-04-07, 1:05 PM #8
I just remembered one time when someone left a metronome on in a backpack...
2006-04-07, 1:12 PM #9
Originally posted by Reid:

Yea, I've seen it happen when I was in highschool too. Then again, it was obvious it wasn't a bomb, who would bomb a 310 people highschool! :p

Well... come to think of it maybe frenchmen who hate english people... :(
2006-04-07, 1:12 PM #10
Haha Reid, that's awesome.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-04-07, 1:18 PM #11
Originally posted by Reid:

Which makes me think that metronome + airport or certin places in Washington DC would be... interesting to say the least.
2006-04-07, 1:19 PM #12
You know what, I hate this phrase...but...

Boom headshot mother****er.

Pwned.
D E A T H
2006-04-07, 1:44 PM #13
Just for reference, our high school has about 3,000 students. That's a pretty big bomb threat.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2006-04-07, 1:49 PM #14
Originally posted by KnightRider2000:
Just for reference, our high school has about 3,000 students. That's a pretty big bomb threat.

suxbad4u
2006-04-07, 1:52 PM #15
Cripes I am glad I didn't go to such a big school.
2006-04-07, 1:57 PM #16
We had one at every major school in the area 3 or 4 times at least. They were all in hopes the school would cancel class. Instead, they still had it and checked everyone at the door. All the black kids I talked to, minus one [Who's half black and looks more white than black] ended up getting PATTED DOWN outside of the school, before they even went in. The 3 muslim kids I know were called, at home, and asked to arrive 2 hours before school started. Ratial profiling asside, any real bomb threat would be exicuted via outdoor bombs to entice histaria, followed by parkinglot bombs to finish it all off. In truth, the school is rather stupid about having school, reguardless of the likely threat a note causes.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-04-07, 3:01 PM #17
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
If someone were really going to bomb a place they wouldn't call and give warning.

Too true.

Can you name any bombing where there was a warning first?
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-04-07, 3:14 PM #18
Well, some people will tell you that 9/11 had plenty of warning and the president's administration failed to act on it. I don't have an opinion on that myself at the moment. (This thread better not turn into a 9/11 conspiricy fiasco now.)

2006-04-07, 3:23 PM #19
[QUOTE=The Mega-ZZTer]Well, some people will tell you that 9/11 had plenty of warning and the president's administration failed to act on it. I don't have an opinion on that myself at the moment. (This thread better not turn into a 9/11 conspiricy fiasco now.)[/QUOTE]

While technically true, it's not really the same thing. The "Terrorist" didn't call the World Trade Center information line and tell them that they were going to fly two passenger jets into the twin towers. ;)
"The solution is simple."
2006-04-07, 3:34 PM #20
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:

That's not necessarily true. Bombers can use the warning as a means to have demands met for whatever reason.
Pissed Off?
2006-04-07, 4:23 PM #21
Originally posted by CaptBevvil:
While technically true, it's not really the same thing. The "Terrorist" didn't call the World Trade Center information line and tell them that they were going to fly two passenger jets into the twin towers. ;)

Neither did the bomb threats probably go to the school. I've had bomb threats called into my school straight to the police.
D E A T H
2006-04-07, 4:45 PM #22
Ya know, if free food and drink wasn't involved, it would have been slightly funny but since that wasn't the case...

HOW DARE YOU TAKE AWAY MY FREE FOOD AND DRINK!!!!???? DAMN YOU!!! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL YOU F@#KING TERRORIST WANNABE BASTARDS!!!! :mad: :mad: :o :eek: :) ;) :confused: :p

Sorry... free food and drink is kinda sacred to me :p
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-04-07, 4:53 PM #23
If I was going to bomb a place, I would call, so that nobody would be there, and I could just blow up the building.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-04-07, 5:15 PM #24
Originally posted by Jepman:
Well... come to think of it maybe frenchmen who hate english people... :(

Exactly. Back in my English high school some ********** called in a bomb threat cause we had a Canadian flag up on the flagpole instead of a Quebec flag. ****ing separatist fascist. Quebec is still a part of Canada.
2006-04-07, 5:43 PM #25
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Neither did the bomb threats probably go to the school. I've had bomb threats called into my school straight to the police.[/QUOTE]

Huh? That's completely irrelevant. The point is that Obi-Kwiet & Space_Bandit are right, if it were real, they wouldn't have called it in to begin with (to the actual source, police, fbi, cia, homeland security, Bush's third cousin twice removed, whatever). For the example that Mega-ZZTer gave to be equilivant, the police (fbi, cia, whoever) would have had to (for example) wire tapped, say, a couple kids discussing over the phone how they planned to bomb the school on or about a certain date.

In other words, on one hand you have a "first hand source" giving the warning (in this case, it would have to be the bomber or "Terroist" themself). On the other hand, you have a "Second hand source" giving the warning based on information acquired (presumably from the first hand source without the "bad doer" knowingly giving up the information). Note the difference?

Blah
2006-04-07, 5:53 PM #26
Huh? That's completely irrelevant. The point is that Obi-Kwiet & Space_Bandit are right, if it were real, they wouldn't have called it in to begin with (to the actual source, police, fbi, cia, homeland security, Bush's third cousin twice removed, whatever). For the example that Mega-ZZTer gave to be equilivant, the police (fbi, cia, whoever) would have had to (for example) wire tapped, say, a couple kids discussing over the phone how they planned to bomb the school on or about a certain date.

In other words, on one hand you have a "first hand source" giving the warning (in this case, it would have to be the bomber or "Terroist" themself). On the other hand, you have a "Second hand source" giving the warning based on information acquired (presumably from the first hand source without the "bad doer" knowingly giving up the information). Note the difference?

Blah

No...you're wrong there. People might want publicity--arson's like to show off their work, serial killers leave trademarks, it's no different than calling in a bombing. They'd want the media all over it like a fat kid on cake.

Or, they might have demands, as Avenger said.
D E A T H
2006-04-07, 6:00 PM #27
damnit now I WANT CAKE. or pie. sweet cherry pie. *drools*
2006-04-07, 6:07 PM #28
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]No...you're wrong there. People might want publicity--arson's like to show off their work, serial killers leave trademarks, it's no different than calling in a bombing. They'd want the media all over it like a fat kid on cake.

Or, they might have demands, as Avenger said.[/QUOTE]

Okay, fine, now cite at least one example of where a bomber or terrorist warned of their intent before it happend and it was legitimate.

Someone who truly is committed to going through with something like that will NOT in their right mind give warning before hand because they don't want anybody to stop them (except in the movies where the main villian wants a "challange"...but that's just in the movies). The same goes for those who commit suicide. Girls are well known for "threatening" to commit suicide in an attempt to say "hey look at me, I want attention." That is NOT the same thing as previously mentioned.

I'm sure you'll come back and try to spin it one more time in vein attempt to "prove" that you're right.
2006-04-07, 6:10 PM #29
Okay, fine, now cite at least one example of where a bomber or terrorist warned of their intent before it happend and it was legitimate.

9/11
D E A T H
2006-04-07, 6:16 PM #30
rofl

You sure do enjoy going in circles don't you?

"Intelligence" is a second hand source, not a first hand source.

Regardless, no one in the World Trade Center had any warning of what was going to happen. So it is NOT equilivant to a "bomb threat."

The only other exception to this (and I doubt there is a case of this) would be where a bomber was interested in destroying a building, but not hurting anyone. So they might would phone in a legitimate bomb threat to evacuate the building before the bomb detonated.
2006-04-07, 6:27 PM #31
rofl

You sure do enjoy going in circles don't you?

"Intelligence" is a second hand source, not a first hand source.

Regardless, no one in the World Trade Center had any warning of what was going to happen. So it is NOT equilivant to a "bomb threat."

The only other exception to this (and I doubt there is a case of this) would be where a bomber was interested in destroying a building, but not hurting anyone. So they might would phone in a legitimate bomb threat to evacuate the building before the bomb detonated.

No, there were warnings about a big attack. There was intelligence that it would be on the WTC.

Do you want me to cite Pearl Harbor too?

Edit: You still haven't acknowledged my (very valid) points of wanting publicity and wanting to have demands met.
D E A T H
2006-04-07, 6:34 PM #32
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]No, there were warnings about a big attack. There was intelligence that it would be on the WTC.

Do you want me to cite Pearl Harbor too?[/quote]

:rolleyes:

a) Again, unlike a "bomb threat" the Terrorist didn't call that morning and say "hey we're flying to passenger liners into the Twin Towers this morning."

b) The Japennese didn't drop a line to the base commander stating when they planned on attacking.

You know, there's reasons for this (as I've previously stated numerous times now). The obvious objective to an attack (rather it be by a "bomb" or whatever) is to cause loss of life. It's kind of hard to reach that objective if you give warning ahead of time and everyone evacuates. WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SOMEONE PLACES A "BOMB THREAT".
Quote:
Edit: You still haven't acknowledged my (very valid) points of wanting publicity and wanting to have demands met.

Actually, I have and no, I won't go back and quote myself for your convience. If you can't figure it out because it's not black and white for you, then I'm sorry. People don't spoon feed you in the real world, so I don't know why you'd expect it here.
2006-04-07, 6:38 PM #33
So basically, you never did it, never will do it, and you don't know what you're talking about.

Wow, no wonder you think you know everything about physics. You do, but nobody can see it. You're just a genius no one knows about. Am I right?

Either way, I'm done with this thread. You're ignorant, you won't compromise, a horrible debater and you tend to know nothing about what you talk about--you just postulate.
D E A T H
2006-04-07, 6:40 PM #34
If you say so. But unlike you, I won't attempt to "prosecute" you (though I could by illustrating all of the fundamental reasoning fallacies you've abused). So I'll just leave it at that.
2006-04-07, 6:58 PM #35
would have made the news more interesting if it exploded
2006-04-07, 7:06 PM #36
Bevvil, I'm actually going to side with DJ Yosh on this (never thought I'd see the day)... Your whole argument is that it's illogical for a would-be bomber to warn people that he was planning to blow a building. You're forgetting one very important thing. BOMBERS ARE NOT LOGICAL, SANE PEOPLE! They're unstable freaks. Sure in some cases they might see logic in keeping it as secret as possible. In other cases they might just want to scare people.

Consider this analagy. You're walking along the street one evening and you hear a voice behind you from someone claiming to have a gun. You turn, and I'm standing there aiming a handgun at you. I tell you to drop your wallet on the ground. You do. I take the wallet and disappear, and you call the cops, etc. etc.

Now, what was the point of me telling you I had a gun? I could have just shot you in the back, taken your wallet and gone on my way. That would have in fact been the logical choice. Instead I "warned" you and gave you a chance to do what you wanted. And yet, criminals do this all the time. People get robbed at gunpoint quite often. However, it's much more rare for someone to be murdered for his/her wallet. Similiarily, bombers might warn people (ie "I have a gun" or "I've planted a bomb", take your pick) in order to get a demand met.

Now, as far as citing specific sources, that's kind of rediculous. I'm not gonna spend 20 minutes searching for a case scenario to prove my point. Believe it or don't, that's up to you. I'm sure DJ Yoshi feels the same way.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-04-07, 7:11 PM #37
One must see through the eyes of a terrorist to learn it's intent. If one truely wanted to kill randomly, pointlessly, without making a statement, then they will simply not tell. If one was fighting for something they believed in, make a statement to a government, religion, or society, then they will tell everyone they have placed an explosive.

Why did the student tell people they have placed a bomb?

What if he wouldn't tell anyone? Why then?

There is always motive behind murder.
2006-04-07, 7:12 PM #38
Someone called the police and said there was someone at my elementry school with a gun. (not while I was there) Then when all the police were at my school the caller robbed a bank. Pretty sneaky.
2006-04-07, 7:13 PM #39
You must live in a small town. :P
2006-04-07, 7:21 PM #40
Quote:
Now, as far as citing specific sources, that's kind of rediculous. I'm not gonna spend 20 minutes searching for a case scenario to prove my point. Believe it or don't, that's up to you. I'm sure DJ Yoshi feels the same way.

That's just it, you made the claim, now back it up. That's, at least, what Dj Yoshi wanted me to do in the DOOM thread. It's a double-standard really. The difference in that thread is that I was giving general information to encourage people who were legitimately interested in the topic to do further research. Basically, you guys don't want to do your own research. That's fine, but don't expect someone else to do it for you. It's NOT up to me to prove your point. That's YOUR job.

Quote:
Consider this analagy. You're walking along the street one evening and you hear a voice behind you from someone claiming to have a gun. You turn, and I'm standing there aiming a handgun at you. I tell you to drop your wallet on the ground. You do. I take the wallet and disappear, and you call the cops, etc. etc.

Now, what was the point of me telling you I had a gun? I could have just shot you in the back, taken your wallet and gone on my way. That would have in fact been the logical choice. Instead I "warned" you and gave you a chance to do what you wanted. And yet, criminals do this all the time. People get robbed at gunpoint quite often. However, it's much more rare for someone to be murdered for his/her wallet. Similiarily, bombers might warn people (ie "I have a gun" or "I've planted a bomb", take your pick) in order to get a demand met.

The point here is, that the "threat" is not legitamate. To make your anology equilivant, it would have to be that you walked up behind me and told me you were going to shoot me and then when I turned around you shot me. But people don't do that because if you were to come up behind me and warn me that you were going to shoot me, I would swing around and lunge towards you. After all, what would I have to lose?

The argument at hand is "Would a bomber give a warning before hand and then carry it out?" I have yet to see a case where the answer to that question is "yes" (which is why I requested a citing to prove otherwise, Dj Yoshi made the claim (or supported it anyway), so it is his responsibility to back it up). Rather or not they have "demands" is irrelevant. The argument is of threatening to carry out an act and then doing so.

↑ Up to the top!