Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Reign of the Fallen release...
Reign of the Fallen release...
2006-04-07, 9:28 PM #1
Hey folks, I just wanted to alert you people to a new Star Wars fan film released recently, named Reign of the Fallen. After seeing it, I must admit that I was quite impressed. Its worth the wait and download.

Reign of the Fallen

Not your typical fan film... or Star Wars movie for that matter.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-04-08, 9:50 AM #2
No response?
2006-04-08, 10:53 AM #3
d'ling now.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-04-08, 11:10 AM #4
Wow, trailer looks very interesting. Let's d/l.

Thanks for the link. :)
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2006-04-08, 3:27 PM #5
That actually looks like it might be worth watching. Most fan films are complete BS... but this looks kind of cool.

Did you make it?
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2006-04-08, 3:41 PM #6
Originally posted by Schming:
Did you make it?

Of course he did. He's SF_GoldG_01.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2006-04-08, 3:54 PM #7
2006-04-08, 4:55 PM #8
Watch out... Rob is coming just around that corner!

*dashes away*
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-04-08, 6:01 PM #9
I've only watched a couple of fan flicks before but this one wasn't half bad.

I still find the dialogue in all of them to be rather crappy at best and they all seem to have far too many long silent bits, but still, worth a watch if nothing else.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2006-04-08, 6:35 PM #10
[QUOTE=James Bond]I've only watched a couple of fan flicks before but this one wasn't half bad.

I still find the dialogue in all of them to be rather crappy at best and they all seem to have far too many long silent bits, but still, worth a watch if nothing else.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever made a fanfilm? Have you ever acted? Do these things first, then try to review.
2006-04-08, 6:48 PM #11
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
Have you ever made a fanfilm? Have you ever acted? Do these things first, then try to review.

I've never made a spaceship, but when I see a paper airplane I sure as hell know it's not going to break orbit.
D E A T H
2006-04-08, 6:49 PM #12

You don't have to act to recognise good acting, and you don't have to write scripts to recognise a good one.

That's like saying you should make games before you are allowed to judge if a game is good or not.

You would have to do those things to accurately judge how hard it is to do such things. But anyone can make a call on quality, and is entitled to their opinion.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2006-04-08, 6:49 PM #13

It's a fair assesment. Anyone who has seen a lot of movies can critique a movie fairly well.
Pissed Off?
2006-04-08, 6:58 PM #14
One has to draw the line between a movie and a fanfilm. A movie usually has a fair enough good budget, a non copyright story, and willing people. A fanfilm commonly doesn't have fair enough buget, an original story inside of some one's universe (in this case George Lucas's universe) and people willing to do a part that can do it properly. I thought some of the people and dialogue was perfect. Erin, and the Immortal Sith dude were fine. The old man was good, the protagonist was acceptable. Believe me, I've seen worst EVEN in blockbusters, even you have. This is pretty good considering how it was made. In my own opinion, this is the best of all Star Wars fan films up until now. Next to it IMPS, then I put Revelations.
2006-04-08, 7:04 PM #15
While that's true, people can still compare it to other fan films, and that said, no one is bashing it by any means
Pissed Off?
2006-04-08, 7:07 PM #16
Originally posted by Avenger:
While that's true, people can still compare it to other fan films, and that said, no one is bashing it by any means

Fair enough. I think thats what I was trying to say.
2006-04-08, 8:34 PM #17
Rain of the Fallen? Is this some new MGS3 boss, the Fallen and he rains on you? And if they've fallen, how can they rain if they're already down?

I'm downloading as we speak.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-04-08, 8:45 PM #18
Reign is not rain
Pissed Off?
2006-04-08, 9:12 PM #19
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
Rain of the Fallen? Is this some new MGS3 boss, the Fallen and he rains on you? And if they've fallen, how can they rain if they're already down?

I'm downloading as we speak.

Technically, that's more like The Sorrow. ;)
D E A T H
2006-04-08, 9:32 PM #20
I've watched like the first 5 minutes, and all I keep thinking about is Oblivion...
Stuff
2006-04-08, 9:38 PM #21
Should I d/l QT6 or QT7 version? Does it matter?
woot!
2006-04-08, 10:05 PM #22
I did 6 and it worked fine
Pissed Off?
2006-04-09, 2:13 AM #23
downloading.. trailer looks pretty good, though the voice-over at the beginning is a little spotty.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-04-09, 11:13 AM #24
Originally posted by JLee:
Should I d/l QT6 or QT7 version? Does it matter?

Version 6 is for like win ME and 98 or anything before XP or Win2K, and 7 is for those two.
2006-04-09, 11:13 AM #25
Originally posted by kyle90:
I've watched like the first 5 minutes, and all I keep thinking about is Oblivion...

Is this good or is this bad?
2006-04-09, 11:14 AM #26
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Technically, that's more like The Sorrow. ;)[/QUOTE]
Yeah...well....SHUT UP, EMOSAUR. The Fallen rains bullets down on you! The Sorrow just rains blood when he cries! Hence, the Sorrow is EMO. GOOD DAY SIR.

And then the End shoots you in between the eyes from 3 miles away because he's a mother freaking badass.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-04-09, 11:49 AM #27
In my own opinion, this is the best of all Star Wars fan films up until now. Next to it IMPS, then I put Revelations.

Urgh, Revelation sucked totally, IMHO. Technically it wasn't bad, but I couldn't stand the characters and was bored to hell.
Have you seen Troops? That was great.
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-04-09, 12:07 PM #28
Blacksheep stuff, then Art of the Saber
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-04-09, 12:30 PM #29
Originally posted by Impi:
Urgh, Revelation sucked totally, IMHO. Technically it wasn't bad, but I couldn't stand the characters and was bored to hell.
Have you seen Troops? That was great.

Revelation was just a really short Sci Fi B movie. I mean character and story wise.
Epstein didn't kill himself.

↑ Up to the top!