Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The original bet
The original bet
2006-04-08, 4:57 AM #1
The helpwinmybet.com guy is a fake

He copied the idea from the Aussie guy that bet his friends for beer back in November 2005... the original site is http://www.onebillionviews.com
2006-04-08, 4:49 PM #2
you expect a horny yank to have gotten an idea from a yobbo aussie. Infact, you expect any teenage yank to have gotten an idea from an aussie.

man are you ignorent of how some americans view the world.

(some is made obvious to avoid the flames of those who read the whole post. however those that lok for keywords may still miss the word some and flame me anyway. BTW: I am Australian for those of you that dont know)
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2006-04-08, 4:50 PM #3
not to mention that that site usees page views as opposed to unique hits. and it is nowhere near t he amount of hits yet.
2006-04-08, 4:56 PM #4
Quote:
ignorent

...yup...
Think while it's still legal.
2006-04-08, 5:04 PM #5
Originally posted by alpha1:
man are you ignorent of how some americans view the world.
Aren't you the guy who said Amercians only eat Chinese food to be politically correct? Yeah, when I need to know how I view the world, you'll be the first person I ask.
2006-04-08, 5:11 PM #6
yet you accept the oppinions of other people on the site that have made other stupid statements when they were annoyed. How bout you realize that people can sometimes make mistakes. Or is that too hard for you to comprehend.

Also, that shows how long it has been since you have been watching posts here. Because I made that post quite a while ago.
2006-04-08, 5:12 PM #7
I don't understand alpha1's first post.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-04-08, 5:14 PM #8
There was another one from england I think where a guy bet 2000 pounds.
2006-04-08, 5:15 PM #9
it basicly ment that I thought it was unlikely that an american teen that wanted a threesome stole an idea from an australian that wanted a thousand dollars of beer.

when you look at the link that was posted, you can see that the format is different.

And as tofu said in his post that instaposted mine, this is an idea that is obviously basic enough that people can easily come up with it to use for a bet.

And the fact that the OP has only one post makes me wonder if it is the guy that made the original site, and he is trying to get more hits as his is much older and still hasnt even broken a million posts, dispite the fact that it counts page vies instead of unique hits.
2006-04-08, 5:22 PM #10
So I was right... hah, and I was the only one who thought it was fake. I'm a detective! First SF_Gold, then this fake bet! What next? OJ? Osama?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-04-08, 5:28 PM #11
Originally posted by JediKirby:
So I was right... hah, and I was the only one who thought it was fake. I'm a detective! First SF_Gold, then this fake bet! What next? OJ? Osama?

It wasn't a fake. That much is obvious.

And alpha--you've said some really, really stupid things in the past. And not in any small amount.
D E A T H
2006-04-08, 5:50 PM #12
dude, i admitted to that.

And you cant say much mister "anyone that thinks farscape is bad has their oppinion be wrong."

you only posted here so yo could flame me.
2006-04-08, 5:52 PM #13
dude, i admitted to that.

And you cant say much mister "anyone that thinks farscape is bad has their oppinion be wrong."

you only posted here so yo could flame me.

Case in point.
D E A T H
2006-04-08, 6:53 PM #14
yet you accept the oppinions of other people on the site that have made other stupid statements when they were annoyed. How bout you realize that people can sometimes make mistakes. Or is that too hard for you to comprehend.

Also, that shows how long it has been since you have been watching posts here. Because I made that post quite a while ago.
To respond to your first point, I don't accept any stupid opinions. Becauase, obviously, they are stupid. And sure, people can make mistakes. But making obcenely stupid (allbeit entertaining) generalizations about an entire country of people you quite apparently know next to nothing about is one hell of a mistake. Oh, and it's kind of hard to forget a comment as insanely stupid as the one about Americans and Chinese food. Stupid.
2006-04-08, 7:03 PM #15
Originally posted by Primate:
To respond to your first point, I don't accept any stupid opinions. Becauase, obviously, they are stupid. And sure, people can make mistakes. But making obcenely stupid (allbeit entertaining) generalizations about an entire country of people you quite apparently know next to nothing about is one hell of a mistake. Oh, and it's kind of hard to forget a comment as insanely stupid as the one about Americans and Chinese food. Stupid.

You and me combined make too much awesome for this small state.
D E A T H
2006-04-08, 7:04 PM #16
Maybe I'm missing something... but even if this guy purposely copied the other site's idea, how does that make the entire scenario fake?
2006-04-08, 7:07 PM #17
Alaska needs more awesome. :p
Pissed Off?
2006-04-08, 7:11 PM #18
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]You and me combined make too much awesome for this small state.[/QUOTE]This is obviously the source of my desires to leave Kansas. Such massive ammounts of awesome in such close proximity is much too dangerous, so my subconsious (which is omnipotent) is trying to tell me to get away from you to prevent a potentially catastrophic reaction. Or maybe this place is just a ****hole.
2006-04-08, 7:13 PM #19
Originally posted by Primate:
This is obviously the source of my desires to leave Kansas. Such massive ammounts of awesome in such close proximity is much too dangerous, so my subconsious (which is omnipotent) is trying to tell me to get away from you to prevent a potentially catastrophic reaction. Or maybe this place is just a ****hole.

Both. ;)
D E A T H
2006-04-08, 7:13 PM #20
Originally posted by steves:
The helpwinmybet.com guy is a fake

He copied the idea from the Aussie guy that bet his friends for beer back in November 2005... the original site is http://www.onebillionviews.com

This is what the topic was supposed to be about. But it didnt go that way, so say goodbye!
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.

↑ Up to the top!