Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Chat server.
Chat server.
2004-06-17, 4:12 PM #1
Massassi uses irc.holonet.org #massassi.
Is there any reason I can't use the same server and keep a room open for people I want to chat with?

------------------
Pissed off?
2004-06-17, 4:14 PM #2
You can do that. I make chats all the time

#osc is on there, along with over 200 or so other chats. just type in /join #whateveryouwantyourchattobecalled

------------------
"Ever since I was a boy, I have always kept your laws, now I want to follow you and join you in your noble cause. Jesus turned to him and said, 'Sell all you have give to the poor.' Rich young ruler hung his head, not to follow, walked instead." - Vanishing Lesson
Think while it's still legal.
2004-06-17, 4:37 PM #3
You should register it. I don't know what the channel for registering channels is on holonet. Usually #register
2004-06-17, 5:17 PM #4
/chanserv help
/nickserv help

That's all you need to know when you come into #massassi

------------------
Wake up, rise and shine, Gotta take another pint, Dig heads and watch out for the night.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-06-17, 5:27 PM #5
Also, if you are using mIRC, you can connect to multiple servers at once. Just type /server -m irc.bla.com, and it will open a new connection with out disconnecting from any other servers you are connected to. I am sure that plenty of other IRC clients support this as well (I know that evad is most likely not using mIRC).

------------------
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon...
DSettahr's Homepage

[This message has been edited by DSettahr (edited June 17, 2004).]
2004-06-17, 5:36 PM #6
Thanks guys.
I was thinking of just adding a chat room to my page with java. Or should I just direct them to xchat and the irc server?

------------------
Pissed off?
2004-06-17, 5:53 PM #7
The latter, if you want them to be happy (after a learning curve).

I have trouble with xchat because I am color blind and I want to be able to see who are ops and such.
2004-06-17, 5:57 PM #8
Not to shamlessly plug but www.oscempire.net has a really nice chat. I'll ask yecti where he got it if you want. It works really well, check it out.

------------------
"Ever since I was a boy, I have always kept your laws, now I want to follow you and join you in your noble cause. Jesus turned to him and said, 'Sell all you have give to the poor.' Rich young ruler hung his head, not to follow, walked instead." - Vanishing Lesson
Think while it's still legal.

↑ Up to the top!