Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Now Maddox has got it going right
Now Maddox has got it going right
2004-06-16, 2:16 PM #1
http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=five_****ty_movies

About frigging time.

------------------
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-06-16, 2:19 PM #2
you should add a "WARNING: COARSE LANGUAGE"

------------------
"May your gravity well be shallow, and your deBroglie wavelength short."
Stuff
2004-06-16, 2:34 PM #3
Dude, it's Maddox. We already know it'll have bad language.

------------------
2004-06-16, 3:04 PM #4
<3 the Tom Clancy plot generator.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Communists devise a scheme to smuggle an impressive amount of cocaine for ransom under the watchful eye of corrupt German officials (played by Americans with fake German accents). The plot twists when the Communists hijack a shipment of nuclear warheads even after their demands are met, unless a rookie CIA agent eager to prove his worth can overcome his brooding self-doubt and stop the Communists once and for all. The movie ends with a mildly comical and/or ironic scene in which the Communists blow up or go to prison. Another satisfying tale of political intrigue and personal redemption closes, and we all walk away from this movie a little wiser.</font>

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-06-16, 3:09 PM #5
Communists devise a scheme to blackmail a congressman for ransom under the watchful eye of corrupt German officials (played by Americans with fake German accents). The plot twists when the Communists threaten to unravel the keystone of civilization with wild orgies, unless an ex-con with a big heart can learn to trust humanity again and stop the Communists once and for all. The movie ends with a mildly comical and/or ironic scene in which the Communists blow up or go to prison. Another satisfying tale of political intrigue and personal redemption closes, and we all walk away from this movie a little wiser.

------------------
"Just remember -- No matter how bad things get, Northern Minnesota will always be there"
-- Garrison Keeler
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-06-16, 5:21 PM #6
I don't know why, but I was laughing so hard at the Tom Clancy Plot Generator that tears came out of my eyes.

------------------
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-06-16, 5:42 PM #7
Yes, that thing seriously owns.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2004-06-16, 7:34 PM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fishstickz:
Communists devise a scheme to blackmail a congressman for ransom under the watchful eye of corrupt German officials (played by Americans with fake German accents). The plot twists when the Communists threaten to unravel the keystone of civilization with wild orgies, unless an ex-con with a big heart can learn to trust humanity again and stop the Communists once and for all. The movie ends with a mildly comical and/or ironic scene in which the Communists blow up or go to prison. Another satisfying tale of political intrigue and personal redemption closes, and we all walk away from this movie a little wiser.

</font>

That was exactly Mine.

------------------
Kill Your Idols!
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-06-17, 8:29 AM #9
The only problem with the Tom Clancy plot generator is that it gives Tom Clancy a bad name. They ruin those stories in the movies every time.

------------------
I don't want your signature on the same page as mine. It's talking to my signature, and making it feel bad about itself.
2004-06-17, 8:53 AM #10
I don't like Tom Clancy.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-06-17, 2:21 PM #11
Terrorists devise a scheme to steal plans that need to be explained in layman terms for ransom under the watchful eye of Afghani rebels. The plot twists when the Terrorists threaten to unravel the keystone of civilization with wild orgies, unless an ex-con with a big heart can learn to trust humanity again and stop the Terrorists once and for all. The movie ends with a mildly comical and/or ironic scene in which the Terrorists blow up or go to prison. Another satisfying tale of political intrigue and personal redemption closes, and we all walk away from this movie a little wiser.

[http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/last_marine.jpg]

Paul Mooney also made a similar statement concerning the Last Samurai: "The Last N***** on earth starring Tom Hanks."

[This message has been edited by Cloud (edited June 17, 2004).]
2004-06-17, 2:47 PM #12
I'm interested to see my friend, Will's, reaction to this. Braveheart is by far his favorite movie. He won't see this until he gets back from Scotland though. Oh well.

"Communists devise a scheme to blackmail a congressman for ransom under the watchful eye of corrupt US diplomats. The plot twists when the Communists hijack a shipment of nuclear warheads even after their demands are met, unless an ex-con with a big heart can learn to trust humanity again and stop the Communists once and for all. The movie ends with a mildly comical and/or ironic scene in which the Communists blow up or go to prison. Another satisfying tale of political intrigue and personal redemption closes, and we all walk away from this movie a little wiser."

------------------
Because you're as bored as I am
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-06-17, 2:48 PM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Evil_Tofu:
I don't like Tom Clancy.</font>

Don't worry, nobody's perfect.

------------------
I don't want your signature on the same page as mine. It's talking to my signature, and making it feel bad about itself.
2004-06-17, 3:01 PM #14
Tom Clancy is a fine writer, but his books can be MUCH to complicated and involved.

If you can read through all of his books and enjoy every one of them, more power to you. I had trouble just making it through Red October, and I read ALOT.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
Last Stand
2004-06-17, 3:06 PM #15
Karate Kid picture, so implied. ROFL!!!!
2004-06-17, 3:11 PM #16
<3 Maddox...

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-06-17, 3:25 PM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MeLoN:
Don't worry, nobody's perfect.

</font>

Says the walking example.

Tom Clancy is just a poor writer in my opinion.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-06-17, 4:43 PM #18
Tom Clancy is great as long as he keeps it under 100 pages.. after that he falls apart. He's far better at writing short stories/novelettes.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-06-17, 4:51 PM #19
Tom Clancy is a terrible writer. His books are ALL EXACTLY THE SAME.

Of course, if you liked his one story, then I guess you'd probably like him...

------------------
Dude I've seen girls and I've seen lobsters, and that is totally a lobster.

-Correction
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-06-17, 5:17 PM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tracer:
Tom Clancy is a terrible writer. His books are ALL EXACTLY THE SAME.

Of course, if you liked his one story, then I guess you'd probably like him...

</font>

When they're all about roughly the same topics/ideas/things, they're all going to be roughly alike. What did you expect?

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
Last Stand
2004-06-17, 5:21 PM #21
The Last Samurai wasn't just Tom Cruise though as he implied in the site. Samurai is a word that is pronounced the same in both a singular as well as pluarl context. You don't say "There are 15 Samurais drinking sake" like you say "There are 15 Marines drinking beer". You would say "There are 15 Samurai drinking sake." The only time an "S" is on the end of Samurai is when doing the ownership. "The Samurai's horse is big."

So when they say "The Last Samurai", it was meant as all of the Samurai, not Tom Cruise.

------------------
2004-06-17, 5:22 PM #22
[Double post, please delete]

[This message has been edited by THRAWN (edited June 17, 2004).]
2004-06-17, 5:32 PM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
...What did you expect?</font>

Ambrosia? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/redface.gif]

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-06-17, 5:33 PM #24
yeah... he didnt get the last samarai part right... neither did paul mooney (as funny as he was).

i thought the main samarai from that movie was the last samarai... not tom cruise... maybe i interpreted it wrong.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|My Portfolio|My Levels
2004-06-17, 5:40 PM #25
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cazor:
yeah... he didnt get the last samarai part right... neither did paul mooney (as funny as he was).

i thought the main samarai from that movie was the last samarai... not tom cruise... maybe i interpreted it wrong.

</font>

No, the "last Samurai" were all of them. It's like Jedi. Jedi can not be pluralized either. 37 Jedi, 1 Jedi, same thing.

------------------
2004-06-17, 6:44 PM #26
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
When they're all about roughly the same topics/ideas/things, they're all going to be roughly alike. What did you expect?

</font>

It's not like he writes books with similar thematic ideas or something - if you swap out the names, they're actually identical (Clancy's books even end the same, like Maddox pointed out).

------------------
Dude I've seen girls and I've seen lobsters, and that is totally a lobster.

-Correction
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY

↑ Up to the top!