Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Legendary...
Legendary...
2006-04-10, 9:40 PM #1
Every year, after spring break, the Tech department at our school sifts through all of the offenses on the machines. Every year, a legendary nerd is banned from PC use for the rest of the year.

I've only been caught ONCE by the administrators, and all I got was a slap on the wrist because I didn't do anything that sucked bandwidth nor was it malicious.

I have done more this year than I have any other year. Particularly, I've been using a VERY powerful proxy made by a certain massassian. On top of that, I extended the hacking of msword that we did last year to give me full root access to the school's server. Nothing really special, but it allows me to netsend and access any dos prompts I want to, and run it on ALL the machines. Something I only did once on someone else's account.

To FURTHER the damage, the last day of school last year, I took a startup admin-boot disk for the entire system from the system room of the library during a poetry reading. It contained all of the admin passwords, as well as each and every student's passwords for the next year.

I've EVEN used teacher accounts to switch files around between student folders so that I and a friend had direct access to eachother's files [Quick file sharing] as well as unlimited space. I've got a text document with 2000 blank space characters after a seemingly harmless section of text. If I copy and paste the end of that file into a .bat, I have a quick-exicutable that hard-restarts the machine and lets me work on the machine OFF of the network, then access the network, along with the admin panel. The .bat then deletes itself. I didn't write it, a friend did. In fact, he was last year's "legend."

Everyone who I've been helping this year thinks I'll be the one they nab this year. They've already blocked all of the secrets I'd used, deleted the second half of that .txt, and changed a bunch of the teacher passwords I was using. There's probably a blazed trail of "BSG logged off.... admin logged onto the same machine 5 minutes later..." log files.

So, how do you think I should get out of it? I don't really use the machines at school at all this year ANYWAY, but when I do, I like to use a MACHINE, not a half-priviledged node that can access portioned bandwidth and minimalized file storage.

JediKirby

I fixed your spelling... -y
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-04-10, 9:48 PM #2
if they catch you you probably cant get out of it.

I did the same thing and was banned from using computers for a few months at the school.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-04-10, 9:50 PM #3
I can't WAIT to be legendary. Mostly because all of the nerds in CISCO and A+ know the first and pretty much all of the guys who've been nabbed. My friend's older brother was the first to be nabbed. Yes, the school had PCs before him, but none that were networked.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-04-10, 10:21 PM #4
Am I an idiot for missing a joke, or are you just misspelling "legendary"?
Stuff
2006-04-10, 10:28 PM #5
GoY's Legendary Pessimistic Soy Boy Toy

o.0
2006-04-10, 10:33 PM #6
Play the Midget card. Just don't let them know you're a ninja midget, otherwise it doesn't work.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2006-04-10, 10:38 PM #7
Good thing they can't catch you. And good thing you're not like those stupid people who post evidene of their crimes on the interent to be used against them.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2006-04-10, 10:39 PM #8
What the hell is "Legendary"? Is it some internet term or something I missed?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-04-10, 10:55 PM #9
Originally posted by Echoman:
What the hell is "Legendary"? Is it some internet term or something I missed?

Dont you mean interent?

o.0
2006-04-10, 10:56 PM #10
?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-04-10, 10:57 PM #11
Would that be my proxy you're using? Or MZZT's which is mine anyway? :p

Oh, and there's a hack for XP PCs that gives you system access:

To do this, you must:

A. Have access to the windows folder, and be able to copy files.
B. Have accessibility options enabled. (Like hitting left shift 10 times to bring up sticky keys)

If you do, I can tell you how you can bring up a command prompt box at the login screen, so you can run anything you like :p
2006-04-10, 11:02 PM #12
How do you get out of it? You don't. You face the consequences of using other people's property beyond which you are allowed. Is it absolutely critical that you need a fully functional machine in between school times?
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-04-10, 11:15 PM #13
If you get caught, I hope they severly punish your [I am told to edit this part, but you can guess what goes here]. Break the rules, get caught, get f***ed. Either don't break the rules, or do it so well as you don't get caught,
2006-04-10, 11:46 PM #14
I was trying to be silly with the title.

I'm not saying that I don't deserve punishment, I'm asking how you think I should get out of it. The only thing I'd be against is if they tried to let me not graduate. That'd be pushing it far beyond the line. Nothing I've EVER done has been malicious nor has it ever comprimised the network. I will be legendary!!!!
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-04-11, 12:00 AM #15
Maybe you shouldn't get out of it, but rather stop what you are doing.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2006-04-11, 5:34 AM #16
Originally posted by JediKirby:

I'm not saying that I don't deserve punishment, I'm asking how you think I should get out of it. The only thing I'd be against is if they tried to let me not graduate. That'd be pushing it far beyond the line. Nothing I've EVER done has been malicious nor has it ever comprimised the network. I will be legendary!!!!

Ugh. If you're going to be legendary, take your licks. I got caught at the end of last year, and I realized that I should just take my punishment. Thank god it was 2 days before school was out, so they couldn't do anything.

But yeah, don't try to get out of it. You're doing something wrong--just fess up.
D E A T H
2006-04-11, 6:00 AM #17
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]Would that be my proxy you're using? Or MZZT's which is mine anyway? :p

[/QUOTE]

Your proxy is a lifesaver at my school CM, thanks a bunch >.>
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-04-11, 6:45 AM #18
What is this proxy? I need a proxy at my schooo.lll..
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-04-11, 7:09 AM #19
In a complete smart-*** move, I made a new sig!
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-04-11, 7:19 AM #20
How unqwity :-/
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-04-11, 7:23 AM #21
so then kirby, whats the name of your school and whats your full name? :p
2006-04-11, 7:25 AM #22
I'm going to go ahead and just say take it, don;t try getting out of it.

[And yay, I'm quoted in someone's sig. :)]
nope.
2006-04-11, 8:22 AM #23
Hmm. Now should I add "(Kirby thinks I'm unqwity!)" to the end of it?
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-04-11, 9:49 AM #24
Everyone knows that Kirby's full name is Brandon St. God.
"And lo, let us open up into the holy book of Proxy2..." -genk
His pot is blacker than his kettle!
2006-04-11, 9:50 AM #25
Sounds like crap I would do. I'm one of the well known "legends" in my high school. Often people will ask their geek friends something in which they'll send them to me.

My greatest accomplishment is my portable firefox. I disguised it as IE using multiple extentions and such. Our school goes through a proxy to filter sites, and Firefox just doesn't use them.
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2006-04-11, 10:50 AM #26
Originally posted by JediKirby:
So, how do you think I should get out of it?

Easy. Take it one step further and make it usable WHILE you're banned.

Assuming this won't get you expelled, of course.

Or you could apply for a job with the tech department as a "security auditor".

2006-04-11, 11:14 AM #27
Originally posted by Vegiemaster:
Sounds like crap I would do. I'm one of the well known "legends" in my high school. Often people will ask their geek friends something in which they'll send them to me.

My greatest accomplishment is my portable firefox. I disguised it as IE using multiple extentions and such. Our school goes through a proxy to filter sites, and Firefox just doesn't use them.

It's not that Firefox doesn't use them, it's that it's put into your IE proxy settings and not into your Firefox proxy settings. You're just using a direct connection to the internet.
D E A T H
2006-04-11, 12:16 PM #28
Congradulations, you hacked a crappy Windows network! :rolleyes:

If you get punished, I can assure you that it wasn't worth it.
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2006-04-11, 12:21 PM #29
There isn't alot of room in this thread.
2006-04-11, 12:38 PM #30
Originally posted by Malus:
Congradulations, you hacked a crappy Windows network! :rolleyes:

If you get punished, I can assure you that it wasn't worth it.

Not to the extent he went. As long as you get full control over browsing capabilities, there's no real other reason to "hack" the network.
D E A T H
2006-04-11, 12:45 PM #31
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]It's not that Firefox doesn't use them, it's that it's put into your IE proxy settings and not into your Firefox proxy settings. You're just using a direct connection to the internet.[/QUOTE]
Eh, I understand that. I had to rush that post at school, seeing as the bell had rang. :p Either way, you caught my drift.
2006-04-11, 12:47 PM #32
I hate this pattern.

PersonA: Factoid

PeronB: You're wrong.

PersonA: Excuse

Seriously, it's either that or arguing a wrong point for 40 pages on here.
2006-04-11, 1:01 PM #33
You there, get back to the Oblivion thread. *snaps fingers*
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-04-11, 2:00 PM #34
Originally posted by Rob:
I hate this pattern.

Your wrong.

... :p

I was just clarifying in my post. Not defending myself. Yoshi and I were both right.
2006-04-11, 2:21 PM #35
How do you get out of it?

Why, you take one of these and throw it on the school server :)
Everything goes bye bye.
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-04-11, 2:28 PM #36
Well, that's one way. :rolleyes: But assume they catch him for that...

DEEEEP **** :p
2006-04-11, 4:15 PM #37
Originally posted by Rob:
I hate this pattern.

What's a Peron?
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2006-04-11, 4:21 PM #38
Someone called Eva.
nope.
2006-04-11, 7:20 PM #39
Godwin'd.
Sorta. By proxy.

-shoulda used FireFox, I guess
2006-04-11, 7:28 PM #40
Quote:

You just suck at spelling. :p
Think while it's still legal.

↑ Up to the top!