Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I'm not the only one:
I'm not the only one:
2006-04-11, 12:00 AM #1
I usually don't take any offense to things and can usually dismiss it. I mentioned, however, to someone that the PSP commercials were rather... racey. It's not that I care, it's just that it's unlikely that most people/stations could get away with that.

It seems like I'm not the only one.

Discuss.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-04-11, 12:02 AM #2
I don't care.

You wouldn't be pissed off if they were making white people jokes.
2006-04-11, 12:08 AM #3
I'm not really pissed off, it's just sort of odd that if Comedy Central started showing REAL blue collar anti-black humor, there'd be problems.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-04-11, 12:09 AM #4
Originally posted by Rob:
I don't care.

You wouldn't be pissed off if they were making white people jokes.

99% of advertising on tv is white people jokes
2006-04-11, 12:13 AM #5
Exactly my point.
2006-04-11, 4:02 AM #6
Someone making black people jokes?

Oh my.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-04-11, 4:19 AM #7
White people jokes aren't offensive, black people jokes are.

Man that's racist.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2006-04-11, 5:11 AM #8
t'ain't 'merica great?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-04-11, 6:36 AM #9
The cry of racism has been grabbing the country by the balls for years. Can't make fun of blacks, because then it's racism. Have to deny white college applicants to make room for less-qualifed minorities due to affirmitive action. Blacks can hit you, but you return the favor it's a hate crime. WTF happened to "equality"?
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-04-11, 7:00 AM #10
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:
WTF happened to "equality"?

You're saying it existed at some point? :o
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2006-04-11, 7:05 AM #11
The cry of racism has been grabbing the country by the balls for years. Can't make fun of blacks, because then it's racism. Have to deny white college applicants to make room for less-qualifed minorities due to affirmitive action. Blacks can hit you, but you return the favor it's a hate crime. WTF happened to "equality"?

You could say the same thing about women too. Not that I'd hit a woman, but if you replace white with men, and black with woman/women, and the words racism and minorities with sexism and women. Same deal.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2006-04-11, 7:06 AM #12
Equality is when everyone treats everyone the same, never happened, never gonna happen.

Nationally that is.

On construction sites (in Australia at least) you see equality at it's finest. We don't pretend there isn't any differences between our races, like we're all clones, and we don't treat any race better. We make fun of everyone
Racial slurs are thrown about with big grins on faces all round. Everyone takes digs at each other and everyone enjoys it. And if you can't think of a good racist joke about the italian/chinese/african/whatever guy your working with (and you wouldn't beleive how multicultural these sites truly are) then you just ask him, and he'll be able to tell you some great ones.
Man if one of those politically correct people that seem to get offended by everything was to step into a construction site... they'd think they'd gone to hell.
2006-04-11, 7:08 AM #13
Deadman just hates black people.

Oh, that descendant of criminals! OMG
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-04-11, 7:10 AM #14
Haha yeah, I get hit with a lot of convict jokes on site too. If I remember any of the good ones I'll be sure to let ya know ;)
2006-04-11, 8:13 AM #15

'
Less-qualified?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-04-11, 8:29 AM #16
Originally posted by Deadman:
Equality is when everyone treats everyone the same, never happened, never gonna happen.

Nationally that is.

On construction sites (in Australia at least) you see equality at it's finest. We don't pretend there isn't any differences between our races, like we're all clones, and we don't treat any race better. We make fun of everyone
Racial slurs are thrown about with big grins on faces all round. Everyone takes digs at each other and everyone enjoys it. And if you can't think of a good racist joke about the italian/chinese/african/whatever guy your working with (and you wouldn't beleive how multicultural these sites truly are) then you just ask him, and he'll be able to tell you some great ones.
Man if one of those politically correct people that seem to get offended by everything was to step into a construction site... they'd think they'd gone to hell.

i wish it was the same at the Dam construction site i worked at. can't joke with the natives (Amerindians), but they sure don't mind ripping us in their native tongue we can't understand. makes things awkward since one minute you're a friend and the other minute you hear "psst psst shhh hush" in their native dialect behind your back.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2006-04-11, 8:35 AM #17
Yea, a lot of colleges are expected to meet a quota for accepting black people. And for that reason, their qualifications sometimes may have to be over looked.

Oh btw, its the law, so its not like they have a choice or anything.
\(='_'=)/
2006-04-11, 9:08 AM #18
im not racist, i just don't like stupid people.
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2006-04-11, 9:11 AM #19
Originally posted by 7:

$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-04-11, 9:35 AM #20

"Racism" has become the tool for revenge/exploitation. Hate someone politically? Call them a racist. You won't see them again. Want to climb the ladder to a higher salary? Call your boss a racist. Out he goes! No one wants to have a "racist" person in their organization whether it be justified or not. So instead of actually giving proof of said claim they just oust the ******* and smile pretty for those cameras for "cleaning out hate and injustice in <org>." Way to be spineless there, sport!
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-04-11, 9:38 AM #21
Originally posted by Echoman:
'
Less-qualified?

They may have scored lower than a white person, but they scored high for their minority. Affirmative action will allow that minority in to meet a quota. Whites who have a higher score may not get in because of it. That issue actually went to the supreme court.

Originally posted by 7:

q f t
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2006-04-11, 1:29 PM #22
Originally posted by 7:

I hate everyone equally
Free Jin!
2006-04-11, 3:28 PM #23
"Erupt into a Bev-Rage this summer with 'Glug'! That's the slogan. We'll add the word 'dog' for the blacks. They like that word, like they're friends with the product." - Dan Halen, Squidbillies.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2006-04-11, 3:37 PM #24
Someone can not hate races yet still hate cultures or moral systems.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-04-11, 4:12 PM #25
I'm not racist because stupidity is COLOR BLIND!
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-04-11, 5:51 PM #26
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
Someone can not hate races yet still hate cultures or moral systems.

That's how I think. I wish my father would think the same. He's such a bigot it annoys me to no end.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-07-11, 9:26 PM #27
Yes, with the rise of the number of people from "the hood" and those who wish to be "gangsta," regardless of their race, comes cultural hatred. I cannot stand people who have had an opportunity for exemplary public school education, and after twelve years know nothing. And I can't stand that people act like they have such a hard time at home, and their family's money situation is so tough, but wear far more expensive clothes than I do. Yes, jackass, because you have no respect for anything your parents work for.
2006-07-11, 9:27 PM #28
WTF?
Pissed Off?
2006-07-11, 9:30 PM #29
necromancy
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-07-11, 9:40 PM #30
Whoops, I must have accidentally searched.
2006-07-11, 9:45 PM #31
good job

i was wondering why I remembered this thread and how the CAD topic was this recently
Free Jin!
2006-07-11, 9:49 PM #32
But this topic sure is worth discussing, you have to admit.
2006-07-11, 9:49 PM #33
heeb sucks at posting
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-07-11, 9:49 PM #34
I think a defrocking is on order. :ninja:
Pissed Off?
2006-07-11, 9:56 PM #35
I hate racist, nationalist, or any other kind of joke that would put a group of people in disfavor.

Quote:

Nationally that is.

You obviously do not know of the integrity of the Witnesses. If there is anything I know with out a doubt, is that the Witnesses are incredibly united and cooperative... like brothers, like one huge family. If you were a Witness, and were in a foreign country of Africa without money and only an adress to a house of a fellow brother, he would feed you, shelter you, protect you and treat you like you were long time friends with no doubt as soon as he knew who you were. Were that united. In fact in Africa I've heard, where in a few countries where if you didn't vote you'd get killed, some of the native Witnesses gave up their lives with out doubt to protect circuit overseers, pioneers and other elements of the organization, with only knowing them a few hours. The Witnesses integrity is incredible. They face constant opposition, harasment, and what not, and yet, the organization as a whole is not even moved.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-07-11, 10:09 PM #36
Gave their lives for someone they barely knew?

That IS devotion...
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-07-11, 10:11 PM #37
Whaaaat?

And Heeb, what'd you search for, 'racism'? :P
2006-07-11, 10:20 PM #38
Quote:
Yes, with the rise of the number of people from "the hood" and those who wish to be "gangsta," regardless of their race, comes cultural hatred.

...Coming from a guy called 'Heeb'. :P
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-07-11, 10:20 PM #39
i think he was looking for kirby posts

he's a kirbyphile

i know i am, what are you?
Free Jin!
2006-07-11, 10:28 PM #40
I'm not your friend. :mad:
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY