Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Moving #massassi
Moving #massassi
2006-04-13, 10:42 AM #1
Should we move #massassi to zIRC? I'm a little torn at the moment and would like you guys' input. Keep in mind this is an open vote, so your votes will be seen by everyone. This also means that chat regulars will have their votes count for more.
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2006-04-13, 10:45 AM #2
Doesn't matter to me, but I will mention that every time we move #massassi, we find some problem with whatever new server its on, hence the whole #massassi still being on holonet thing.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-04-13, 10:46 AM #3
What about Quakenet?
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2006-04-13, 11:13 AM #4
Does it make a difference? Besides all the hacking and stuff?

(I'm a bit of a chat 'tard: I just show up and talk n stuff)
2006-04-13, 11:15 AM #5
Stay at holonet.
2006-04-13, 11:17 AM #6
Holonet has a history of resetting itself, disconnecting lots of people at one time, and going down for prolonged periods of time. As far as I know, zIRC doesn't have problems like that (I am sure they do, but not nearly as bad or as often as the Holonet).
2006-04-13, 11:19 AM #7
Reading Helle's post made me reconsider, but I can't withdraw my vote...so...Holonet forever!
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2006-04-13, 11:19 AM #8
I voted for Holonet, but in fact either way is same to me.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-04-13, 11:20 AM #9
What would be better about zIRC?
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2006-04-13, 11:22 AM #10
zIRC=?
Holonet=Star Warsy name

The choice is clear.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-04-13, 11:31 AM #11
Guys, why do you want to stay at a ****ty *** server like Holonet? You guys like the frequent crashes, the unhelpful IRCops, and having to contend with having the idiots at #jk, #nar, #sm on the same server? I'm resistant to change but Christ almighty it's time to dump that server and move on to something better.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-04-13, 11:34 AM #12
JG gets my vote :)
2006-04-13, 11:42 AM #13
Rob says to move to zirc. I SWEAR!
2006-04-13, 11:44 AM #14
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
Guys, why do you want to stay at a ****ty *** server like Holonet? You guys like the frequent crashes, the unhelpful IRCops, and having to contend with having the idiots at #jk, #nar, #sm on the same server? I'm resistant to change but Christ almighty it's time to dump that server and move on to something better.

<3
D E A T H
2006-04-13, 11:48 AM #15

Yeah, holonet has character. Holonet ftw >.>
2006-04-13, 11:53 AM #16
...having the idiots at #jk, #nar, #sm on the same server?

Well, announcing OMG WE'RE GOING TO ZIRC and all that actually might get them follow us there.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-04-13, 12:01 PM #17
zirc
2006-04-13, 12:02 PM #18
All the channels I go to are on Undernet.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-04-13, 12:44 PM #19
Holonet is a terrible server. Have you ever asked an IRCop for help? You're either ignored, mocked or banned from the network, or a combination of those three.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-04-13, 12:50 PM #20
zIRC I say, because the guy in charge of Holonet is a 24 carot arse-wipe.

[Damnit, I clicked the wrong vote thingy.]
nope.
2006-04-13, 1:15 PM #21
Originally posted by Spook:
zIRC=?
Holonet=Star Warsy name

The choice is clear.

yes. clear indeed.

zIRC
"NAILFACE" - spe
2006-04-13, 1:28 PM #22

Even though they may be a bunch of idiotic stoners, they are still part of the Jedi Knight community. I think that by segregating even more, JK will become more dead than it already is. We still get people time to time asking us if we played JK, and we direct them to #jk or #nar, etc.

If we leave, we won't have any more paranoia over floods and stuff from the #jk'ers! :(

I do agree it's a crappy server with poort IRCops, but there is still a sense of tradition and belonging to Holonet.
2006-04-13, 2:11 PM #23
I voted just to vote

:>
2006-04-13, 3:11 PM #24
Originally posted by Emon:
Holonet is a terrible server. Have you ever asked an IRCop for help? You're either ignored, mocked or banned from the network, or a combination of those three.

That's news to me. As a channel owner at holonet I've been in contact with the IRCops quite often and I was also helped as soon as they got online.

I have nothing against Holonet. In fact compared to the other server I'm on (quakenet) it's superb. But then again quakenet is horrible. heck the whole Q-system is downright pathetic and barely gives users any options whatsoever. You can't even protect your nickname.

Also, maybe it just happens when it's deep at night for Europeans, but I hardly ever encounter server crashes. Les often than [url]www.massassi.net[/url] has at any case.

I'm for staying. If only because else I have to go through the effort of moving #tacc along.
APT 1, 2, 3/4, 5/6
TDT
DMDMD

http://veddertheshredder.com
2006-04-13, 3:20 PM #25
*shrug* I'm pretty much indifferent. I haven't noticed any problems with holonet.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-04-13, 3:59 PM #26
i'd like to get away from the zoner ****s that have tried to be cute and annoy us with their zone tactics of flooding and "chat raping." plus, zirc seems to be a little more up-to-date with their services, which would help calm them down a bit more if they did try and move over.
Current Maps | Newest Map
2006-04-13, 4:01 PM #27
I don't really care. If the IRCops are a problem why not set up our own server?
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-04-13, 4:14 PM #28
I personally prefer zIRC to holonet, zIRC being a slightly larger server. The only downside to that, however, is a lot of #massassians' screennames are already registered by other people.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2006-04-13, 4:18 PM #29
I didn't notice any problems on Holonet, so I guess I vote for Holonet. Also, I don't see the point of moving if the other JK-related rooms are on Holonet.

(Not that I visit #massassi frequently)
Wes Darklighter
|Theed|
2006-04-13, 4:26 PM #30
When you subtract all of the people who voted no who also never visit the chatroom, it's a tie right now.

Seriously. What JG said.
ZIRC isn't a single IRC server. It's a network of servers. That means if one goes down it doesn't take the whole network with it, wiping services and forcing us to reregister all of our channels, nicknames, and try to reset all of our bans from memory.

ZIRC's IRC ops are also helpful and accessible. prince, one of the IRC ops, is known to visit the larger channels from time to time just to check up on things and see how people are doing.

You would have to be on crack to want to stay on holonet. "It has a cutesy Star Wars-themed name ^_^" is the only reason to stay, and that's not goddamn good enough.

You hear me? - Tony -, Admiral Zarn, Andrew L, Anovis, Baconfish, Bill, Dark__Knight, Gettleburger, Glyde Bane, IRG SithLord, Jdogg0403, Jepman, Overlord, Pommy, Reid, Space_Bandit, Spook, Thrawn[numbarz], Vodnik, Warlord, Wes Darklighter, and ZOOIkes, you're all on crack! Crack I say!
2006-04-13, 4:30 PM #31
I...I am not on crack! I was the first one that wanted to move!

>.>

↑ Up to the top!